• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Granite Falls Hardware *thumbs up*

Z06

imported post

I was just listening to Bob Rivers on KZOK and they had the owner of Granite Falls Hardware on the air. The topic was how gun sales have been up even though the economy is down. The owner of the hardware store was very pro-gun and he said they even offer a 5% discount to anyone who shops inhis store while open carrying.

Triple Tap

imported post

Z06 wrote:
I was just listening to Bob Rivers on KZOK and they had the owner of Granite Falls Hardware on the air. The topic was how gun sales have been up even though the economy is down. The owner of the hardware store was very pro-gun and he said they even offer a 5% discount to anyone who shops inhis store while open carrying.
I heard this too this morning, but Bob Rivers then added the statement that he thought city ord. dont allow OC in certian citys. "like you cant go walking down pike street with a OC gun". He doesnt understand state pre-emption. I am going to write him a quick email later today to correct him and attach the pdf of the washington OC flyer.

noittinen

imported post

Thats strange. I grew up in Granite Falls and always kind of figured they sold guns, but only grudgingly. I once went in to buy .22LR ammo and they asked me for i.d. even though i was obviously over 18. They then went on to say they wouldn't sell .22LR ammo to anyone under 21 because it was pistol ammo. i'm sure they were just covering their butts because of all the tweakers and crime in that town but that kind of peeved me. Theres a reason it's called .22 Long Rifle. Anyway, more power to them and i'll definitely OC there next time i visit my parents.

MadHatter66

imported post

noittinen wrote:
They then went on to say they wouldn't sell .22LR ammo to anyone under 21 because it was pistol ammo.

I ran into that problem when I was in the 18-21 category. I just explained that I was using it as rifle ammo and they sold it to me... it was a gun store in Aberdeen, can't remember the name now though... Never had a problem anywhere else though...

Brad Cowin

imported post

Ive bought .45 acp a few different times from Wally World. At the time, it was for my Thompson 1927-A1 , but my XD always got to it first. :lol:

Pretty cool to see business owners publicly supporting and promoting OC!

.45ballers

imported post

Z06 wrote:
I live up here in Granite. They have a deicent selection of guns. And resonable prices I dont typically OC but the staff seems freindly. I guess Maby its time to PU another XD, good excuseOC and get a discount...

NWGirl

imported post

I live in Granite too and they do give the discount if you are carrying. Very helpful and will order for you if they don't have what you want. The ammo prices are higher but sometimes it's worth it to support a local store that supports your rights.

.45ballers

imported post

I usually shoot at Sams, Im not sure if you can even shoot at Green mtn anymore?

NWGirl

imported post

We head to Norpoint or Sam's. We had a friend who went shooting out the Loop last spring and ended up with legal trouble over it. The range membership is far cheaper than the ticket and lawyer's fees he had to deal with. :)

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I have family that live in Granite Falls. I love that area of the state. Although the price of living is higher, it is very beautiful! I have family that live in Everett..which is not far from GF.