• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'er attacked by two dogs in Red Rock

jfrey123

imported post

The following press release came from the Washoe County Sheriff's Office late this afternoon: Washoe County Deputies responded to a call in the Red Rock area near Silver Knolls Park in reference to a dog fight where a dog was killed and an individual was injured. At approximately 8:40 am on October 26, an elderly couple was walking their 8 year old Labrador on a leash, along a path in the desert near Silver Knolls Park. Two unattended loose dogs, one Pit bull and one medium sized mixed breed, appeared from over a hill in front of the couple. The unrestrained dogs attacked the leashed Labrador. The Labrador owners tried unsuccessfully to separate the dogs. The owner of the loose dogs arrived from over the hill in her vehicle. All three owners continued attempting to separate the dogs from the Lab but were unsuccessful. Finally, the owner of the Labrador who was carrying a firearm in an unconcealed open holster, drew his weapon and fired one round into the pit bull who held the labrador by the neck. The pit bull released his grip on the labrador’s neck and died on scene. It was discovered that the round also struck the pit bull’s owner in the lower leg. The labrador’s owner provided first aid until REMSA arrived and care-flighted the victim to Renown Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. The Labrador was seriously injured and underwent surgery, the current condition is unknown. The elderly female also sustained a dog bite and other minor injuries during the dog fight.

jfrey123

imported post

Gun carrier was attacked by a pit bull and other dog while walking his labrador on a leash in the desert. His wife was also bitten before he fired. He shot one time and the pit bull's owner got hit in the leg, probably by a pass through.

I just wanted to support his actions. Woman lost control of her dogs, and the dogs were well on their way to attacking the people. I do feel we're all responsible for the bullets we fire, I just hope the sheriff isn't too harsh on this fella. Hope they see that the woman who got shot in the leg could've prevented the entire situation...

Vegas_Dave

imported post

I would think there will be no charges officially filed. The other owner might try to press some sort of charges but it is clear that the shot fired was in self defense and to protect the lives of others.

Well done.

njeske

imported post

i certainly hope no charges are filed. it sounds like the guy did everything he could to deal with the situation before resorting to his firearm. too bad the other owner's leg was in the line of fire.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I would'a shot the attacking dog long before that... 'n I like dogs.