• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XDM Rental

smccomas

imported post

Does anyone know of a pistol range in Va that has a XDM for rent. I have a membership at Dominion shooting range and they don't have one. :(I am considering purchasing I would like to fire 1 prior to dropping over 500 dollars.

anyone anyone??

smccomas

imported post

Thanks, I fired one at Dominion shooting range (XD.40) and I really liked it. I purchased a glock 23 couple years ago if I would have known then what I know now I would have bought the XD. Thats what I an trying to avoid its between the XD.40 and the XDM.

curtiswr

imported post

The only reason I personally would get an XDM over the regular XD would probably be the capacity, unless you want to use it for competition and want the match grade barrel. Think it might come with adjustable sights as well.

It's supposed to have a better trigger on it, but on my XD45 I liked the trigger as it was from the start... but plenty of people have done trigger jobs on them. Forgot the site they did it at/ordered the kits from, but if you wanted I could try and find it for you.

I've always just seen the XDM as being a competition ready pistol for a decent price.

If you don't need/want 16+1 I'd say go with the regular XD40.