• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama meets "Joe the Hunter"

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
.., Obama hung with the federalist society,... Heis fair minded and reachable. He just comes from a different place than we do.
I came from the United States. Where did Barak Hussein Obama come from?

Deanimator

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Also from the United States. If you think that's not true you've been reading to many chain emails. Or possibly this forum.
His current home of record is Chicago, and that ISN'T the United States. In fact ethically and philosophically, it's as far away from America as you can get. I'm from there and it's more like Zimbabwe with snow, with a White version of Robert Mugabe at the top.

There's a reason why Frank Collin and Louis Farrakhan both found Chicago a congenial place to be. And that reason doesn't say ANYTHING good about Chicago or its inhabitants.

By the way, what has Obama EVER said about the connection between Jon Burge and Dick Daley? What kind of "community organizer" doesn't have a problem with systematic use of torture by police?

The Donkey

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
McCain is never going to draw the inside straight he would need to win.

Back when he was in law school, Obama hung with the federalist society, and promoted their members to top positions on the Law Review. He is less ideological than some think. Heis fair minded and reachable. He just comes from a different place than we do.

Rather than demonizing the guy who is going to win, we should be seeking to reach out to him. Our arguments are rational, and there are good reasons why we might want the guy to understand our perspective.

My values don't change no matter who wins or loses. Obama is fanatically anti-gun. His entire record of statements on the subject proves that beyond ANY doubt, nevermind a reasonable doubt. Any claim to the contrary is simply as stupid of a lie . . .

What if Obama was "fanatically anti-gun?"

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?

After Heller, seems we need a Prez that will support liberalization of doctrines of qualified immunity, standing and mootness, and loosening of 11th Amendment.

Obama's judges are likely to be better on those issues, and better in the long run for us.

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Back when he was in law school, Obama hung with the federalist society, and promoted their members to top positions on the Law Review. He is less ideological than some think. Heis fair minded and reachable. He just comes from a different place than we do.

Rather than demonizing the guy who is going to win, we should be seeking to reach out to him. Our arguments are rational, and there are good reasons why we might want the guy to understand our perspective.

My values don't change no matter who wins or loses. Obama is fanatically anti-gun. His entire record of statements on the subject proves that beyond ANY doubt, nevermind a reasonable doubt. Any claim to the contrary is simply as stupid of a lie . . .

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?
Yes he can.

And your status as an obama apologist does not change that in the slightest.

He will appoint judges that will be ideologically like those that voted against Heller, a 5/4 decishion.

The issues in Heller will be at some point revisited, to be expanded on or curtailed. Also issues such as carry will be addressed before the court. One justice can move the court to an anti-second amendment position. Obama would put judges that are anti-2A. ..and that is only his effect at the hightest court and does not even speak to the horrible judges he will put at lower levels.

He will also work to push anti-gun laws. There will be gun relaited bills in the next four years. Having Obama will have zero interest in picking up a veto pen against a bill that includeds attacks on the second amendment.

...and his administration will be very anti-second amendment from a law enforcement and adminstrative stand point. How do we think the BTAF and others will act under him? With Obama at the helm they will be much freeer to abuse our rights, drag there feet to do anything for gun owners.

You are pushing an anti-second amendment candidate here.....and for that I have contempt for you.

Why come here to work against our rights? In my opinion that makes you an agent against our rights by proxy.

Obama, Biden and his supporters are no friends of the second amendment as I see it.

The Donkey

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?
Yes he can.

And your status as an obama apologist does not change that in the slightest.

He will appoint judges that will be ideologically like those that voted against Heller, a 5/4 decishion.

The issues in Heller will be at some point revisited, to be expanded on or curtailed. Also issues such as carry will be addressed before the court. One justice can move the court to an anti-second amendment position. Obama would put judges that are anti-2A. ..and that is only his effect at the hightest court and does not even speak to the horrible judges he will put at lower levels.

He will also work to push anti-gun laws. There will be gun relaited bills in the next four years. Having Obama will have zero interest in picking up a veto pen against a bill that includeds attacks on the second amendment.

...and his administration will be very anti-second amendment from a law enforcement and adminstrative stand point. How do we think the BTAF and others will act under him? With Obama at the helm they will be much freeer to abuse our rights, drag there feet to do anything for gun owners.

You are pushing an anti-second amendment candidate here.....and for that I have contempt for you.

Why come here to work against our rights? In my opinion that makes you an agent against our rights by proxy.

Obama, Biden and his supporters are no friends of the second amendment as I see it.

I don't think the Supreme Court is going to reverse themselves on Heller anytime soon. They tend to respect their own precedents, even when individual judges disagree with them.

Besides, the judges Obama is likely to replace are those that opposed the Court's decision in Heller.

No serious anti-gun legislation can make it through the Senate. So there is no emergency on the legislative front.

And if the point is ideological purity on 2A, I am afraid you need a better candidate than John McCain.

Obama would support Judges who eliminate procedural barriers to getting constitutional questions heard, including 2A questions: that is not my main reason for supporting him, but it is a good reason for any member of this forum not to be shy.

So sorry about the contempt part though . . .

PS I don't think Obama's appointees for BATF will be any worse than any other democrat we have seen, and they will be working with a much reduced budget . . . .

Deanimator

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?

After Heller, seems we need a Prez that will support liberalization of doctrines of qualified immunity, standing and mootness, and loosening of 11th Amendment.

Obama's judges are likely to be better on those issues, and better in the long run for us.

Obama can damage the 2nd Amendment every bit as much as Dick Daley.

Now, let's see... a guy with NOTHING to say about systematic police torture over more than a decade is going to give a crap about qualified immunity?

Tell me again how such blatant contempt for people's intelligence is going to help you?

The Donkey

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?

Now, let's see... a guy with NOTHING to say about systematic police torture over more than a decade is going to give a crap about qualified immunity?

Tell me again how such blatant contempt for people's intelligence is going to help you?

When in Chicago, Obama ran against the machine. He was a member of an anti-machine firm, and took on their operatives in elections.

I guess you don't care, and would prefer to saw off the second city and let it float out into Lake Michigan with everyone who spent time there, but I don't think the voters will agree.

The Donkey

imported post

1. Legislated protecting police detainees during interrogation:

[Obama's] record as a state senator, especially on civil liberties, is strong. Obama sponsored successful legislation to combat racial profiling and to protect police detainees during interrogation. He sponsored an unsuccessful bill banning discrimination against lesbians and gays.

Source: The Contenders, by Laura Flanders, p. 22 Nov 11, 2007

[align=left]2. Pushed Illinois bill to videotape all capital interrogations [/align]
Obama had a 2002 bill to stop police abuse. Chicago had become infamous for use of torture by police to help frame innocent people. Thirteen innocent men on Death Row were exonerated and released, some of them victims of these tortured confessions. Illinois desperately needed some action to restore confidence in the police. Obama's proposal was to require videotaping of interrogations of suspects in capital cases. When Obama began, the idea of a bill was opposed by police, prosecutors, most of the senate and the governor. The governor was determined not to appear soft on crime, and had promised to veto any proposal for mandatory tapings. By the time Obama finished his work, the police and prosecutors embraced the bill, it passed in the Illinois Senate by a vote of 58-0. The governor took the unusual step of reversing himself to sign it, and Illinois became the first state to require such tapings.

Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.145 Oct 30, 2007

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

:cuss:

He is anti-second amendment.....and you come to this site of all places to be an apologist for him.

By being a would-be gun grabber lap dog you are yourself are and agent for those anti-second amendment views.

:cuss:

Deanimator

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

So what?

Can he really damage 2A?

When in Chicago, Obama ran against the machine. He was a member of an anti-machine firm, and took on their operatives in elections.

I guess you don't care, and would prefer to saw off the second city and let it float out into Lake Michigan with everyone who spent time there, but I don't think the voters will agree.

Have you noticed that you evade EVERY question about Obama, Daley and police torture? Obama has been endorsed by Daley. That means Daley's not worried about Obama causing him problems, especially problems involving police torture.

Chicago is the FIRST city of racism, anti-Semitism, police criminality and corruption. Seems like you place great value in those things.

What's worse than you lying to me is you lying to yourself.

Deanimator

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
1. Legislated protecting police detainees during interrogation:

[Obama's] record as a state senator, especially on civil liberties, is strong. Obama sponsored successful legislation to combat racial profiling and to protect police detainees during interrogation. He sponsored an unsuccessful bill banning discrimination against lesbians and gays.

Source: The Contenders, by Laura Flanders, p. 22 Nov 11, 2007

[align=left]2. Pushed Illinois bill to videotape all capital interrogations [/align]
Obama had a 2002 bill to stop police abuse. Chicago had become infamous for use of torture by police to help frame innocent people. Thirteen innocent men on Death Row were exonerated and released, some of them victims of these tortured confessions. Illinois desperately needed some action to restore confidence in the police. Obama's proposal was to require videotaping of interrogations of suspects in capital cases. When Obama began, the idea of a bill was opposed by police, prosecutors, most of the senate and the governor. The governor was determined not to appear soft on crime, and had promised to veto any proposal for mandatory tapings. By the time Obama finished his work, the police and prosecutors embraced the bill, it passed in the Illinois Senate by a vote of 58-0. The governor took the unusual step of reversing himself to sign it, and Illinois became the first state to require such tapings.

Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.145 Oct 30, 2007

Nothing to say about police torture which overwhelmingly affected Black victims?

I didn't think so.

Wow, what a "community activist". No wonder Daley endorsed him...

Slayer of Paper

imported post

So Donkey, I'm curious.

What exactly is it about Obama that you like? What specific legislation are you hoping he will help to push through congress and will sign?

Do you believe that raising taxes is a good idea in this economy?
Do you believe that the rich deserve to pay more taxes, and that this will be a good thing for the middle class?
Are you interested in his foreign policy ideas?
Did you approve of his voting in favor of the bail out?

Seriously, I'd like to know what specific issues you are supporting Obama for.

Note that I am not a McCain supporter, and will not be voting for him. Don't bother explaining how Obama is "better than McCain" on whatever issue. I could care less about McCain.

The Donkey

imported post

I'd like to see the US move back to the fiscal responsibility we inhereted from Clinton;

I'd like to see a foreign policy that recognizes the place of diplomacy;

I'd like to see an executive that does not continually seek to aggrandize itself;

I'd like to see a domestic policy that embraces the diversity within our country.

May the best man win!

Slayer of Paper

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
I'd like to see the US move back to the fiscal responsibility we inhereted from Clinton;

I'd like to see a foreign policy that recognizes the place of diplomacy;

I'd like to see an executive that does not continually seek to aggrandize itself;

I'd like to see a domestic policy that embraces the diversity within our country.

May the best man win!
Sounds a heck of a lot more Libertarian than Liberal to me.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
I've said this among friends for several years and now will say it publicly:

I firmly believe that, unless we, the people, organize and support a viable third party with the aims of reducing government size and interference, protecting the rights of all citizens, crafting meaningful immigration reform, reducing our tax burden, etc., that there is going to be a breakup of the United States as we now know it.

What I am reading here reinforces that belief immeasurably.

I am also of the firm belief that, when the breakup comes, it will be many times bloodier than the original War Between the States and will last far longer unless some outside force intervenes.

I am ready