Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Obama gets elected... will u rush to gunstore?

Post imported post

If so what guns will you buy?

XD45?
    etc

Post imported post

If I believed that the first thing to be rammed through Congress would be a law making it more difficult to purchase a gun, I might. But I don't. So, no. More important, even if I did believe that, that belief wouldn't put any more cash in my pocket.

Post imported post

I'd say the time to rush is NOW.

look for things the antis hate, like:

"assault weapons" including anything with pistol grips, repositionable stocks, bayonets, bipods, etc.

High capacity anything
    "armor piercing" ammunition
    "high powered" ammunition
    hell, anything other than .22LR....

semi auto anything

imported parts
    imported ammo
    hell, imported anything...

But, then again, that would be if i actually owned guns. This is just stuff i picked up on from reading the interweb! :celebrate

Post imported post

No. Simply because he isnt going to be able to pass anything through the Congress. Mr. Obama needs to realize that there is a limit to executive power. Had he paid attention when he was in the Senate, he would know that it is the Congress that makes the laws. Oh wait, I forgot, he voted 'present' so many times here in Stalinois that he probably forgot that a vote is actually a good thing.

Post imported post

and if the democrats get a filibuster proof senate?

Post imported post

That reminds me, I need to get that AR-15 Lower receiver.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Guns and ammo always go up in price, and it's a rare day indeed when they get deregulated. You should always have what you want to the extent that you can reasonably afford. Theres no good reason to spend beyond your means, but if getting the guns you want now rather than waiting means, say, holding off a few more years as a young person before you start saving for retirement, it's worth it. Guns of all types, especially those suitable for defense, are a target of politicians. Buy it as cheap as possible, and stack it as deep as you will want it for the forseeable future.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I think that I will likely buy more mags for my primary carry sidearms. I will also likely go ahead and spend money I would rather not spend right now for the 2 rifles I want before his inauguration although I will likely buy lesser optioned models than I have planned to save some $.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I'll be saving my pennies until Obama gets sworn in Jan 20. I will keep a close eye on bills introduced in Congress. If major anti-gun legislation is coming down the pipe, I'll go on a major spending spree.

But no, I'm not going to freak out and max out my credit cards buying AKs, XDs, mags and ammo on 5 Nov.

Post imported post

I've always wanted a Springfield M1A so 'll buy it, and extra mags for it and my double stack handguns. More ammo for all but not going crazy here as I've been already adding for the past three years. Not clairvoyant just read the writing on the wall.:what:
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

i left the polling place Saturday, I early voted, and went straight to the gunstore and bought an AR-15. Now all I have to do is start stocking up on ammo.

Post imported post

I am planning on going to a gun show the following weekend. If Obama wins I plan on buying a lower AR15 there. I will build the rest as the money comes in, probably around Christmas. If McCain wins I will just browse and most likely not buy the lower till the spring time. Its a planned purchase, just on an accelerated schedule depending on the outcome of the election.

Post imported post

I wouldn't rush to the a gun store. To likely to have a papertrail. From now all of my gun purchases are going to be private sales.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

My "wish list" isn't affected by the election, nor is my sense of urgency in filling it. I doubt Congress is going to undergo the requisite overhaul that would be required for the anti-gun people to change the laws with impunity.

-ljp

Post imported post

I'd be buying more now if I had the dough.

Post imported post

.50 BMG will be the first target of the gun grabbers. Get 'em while you can!!! (Unless youlive in places like California and New Jersey, where they are already banned.) Don't forget to buy lots of brass and bullets so you can make your own loads.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    .50 BMG will be the first target of the gun grabbers. Get 'em while you can!!! (Unless youlive in places like California and New Jersey, where they are already banned.) Don't forget to buy lots of brass and bullets so you can make your own loads.
    I would imagine they would go after the five seven as well..
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Sounds like Pastor Martin Niemöller's tocsin.

Post imported post

I have from .22 up to .50 BMG so I'm somewhat set. I want a few more, but will bide my time (I have 25 different calibers from 22 or so different countries).:what:

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I work at a gunshop, folks are already rushing there. Waiting until after the election will put you behind the curve.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think I've got enough firearms right now. I'm working on ammo for all of them at this time.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Yup today was another day of wall to wall customers, there is definitely an Obama effect in action.

Post imported post

I am going to the local gunshow this weekend (I go to all of them) and I am going to be selling off a couple of things I have multiples of, or never shoot. And if I sell enough, I will be picking up an AR with in the next day of it.

I have been looking to pick up an AR for a long time, just need the little bit extra cash from the sales... If I don't sell anything... Well I will keep trying to sell them and just hold off a little longer.

Post imported post

I work at Gander Mountain in the firearms department in Houston. We can't keep AR-15's, AK-47's, 5.56 ammo or 7.62x39 ammo in stock. As fast as they come in, they are gone. People come in on Monday's, when they should be at work, and wait for us to finish unloading the trucks coming in with more ammo and guns. Every Monday for the last 3 weeks, I have sold over 10,000 rounds of Federal M193 5.56 ammo in the first hour after it is unloaded off the truck. I even started making "heat" tickets for an extra 10,000 rounds in advance, knowing it will be gone on Monday. So we get more in every Thursday, specially shipped, and guess what... I have people waiting to buy it up with in one to two hours after it arrives! We are planning on getting a shipment of 50,000 rounds of 5.56 in, just to hopefully keep up with demands.

People come in and buy 6 AR's at a time. Any semi-auto pistols (Glocks, H&K, XD's) are selling pretty fast too. Our supplier, is currently completely sold out of high capacity Glock mags. They are about to run out of 5.56 ammo. Have already ran out of 7.62 wolf in bulk. AR magazines are going like crazy. People have even started buying the Ruger .223 Ranch rifles (Mini 14) w/high cap mags because we have a waiting list for AR's. If you ask ANY of these people why... the first words out of their mouth is "Obama".

I honestly thought the majority of American's were close minded to his stance on firearms, but I can tell you first hand, that at least the people in Texas, see what is on the horizon. With single individuals buying 10,000 rounds of 5.56 and 2 or 3 AR-15's down here on a daily basis... I truly don't ever see the government taking up assault rifles that have already been sold. Because the over all impression I get from these daily buyers, is that they will hand over these assualt rifles, after they finish clicking off those 10,000 rounds.

Anyways, gun sales are for sure on the rise. I am use to people complaining about prices, or trying to haggle with us. Now they don't even care how much we are charging for a AR-15, just how soon we can get it for them, and how many of them we can get.

Also I ordered a Rock River Elite Comp for Gander Mountain (it is actually for me) and there is a 19 week wait time because they are so back ordered!

Post imported post

I have a Glock19 planned for Christmas to go along with my FNP45. I have to figure out the finances so I can get an AR15. Yes I am concerned.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast