• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If Obama gets elected... will u rush to gunstore?

FogRider

imported post

If I believed that the first thing to be rammed through Congress would be a law making it more difficult to purchase a gun, I might. But I don't. So, no. More important, even if I did believe that, that belief wouldn't put any more cash in my pocket.

savery

imported post

I'd say the time to rush is NOW.

look for things the antis hate, like:

"assault weapons" including anything with pistol grips, repositionable stocks, bayonets, bipods, etc.

High capacity anything
"armor piercing" ammunition
"high powered" ammunition
hell, anything other than .22LR....

semi auto anything

imported parts
imported ammo
hell, imported anything...

But, then again, that would be if i actually owned guns. This is just stuff i picked up on from reading the interweb! :celebrate

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

No. Simply because he isnt going to be able to pass anything through the Congress. Mr. Obama needs to realize that there is a limit to executive power. Had he paid attention when he was in the Senate, he would know that it is the Congress that makes the laws. Oh wait, I forgot, he voted 'present' so many times here in Stalinois that he probably forgot that a vote is actually a good thing.

Michigander

imported post

Guns and ammo always go up in price, and it's a rare day indeed when they get deregulated. You should always have what you want to the extent that you can reasonably afford. Theres no good reason to spend beyond your means, but if getting the guns you want now rather than waiting means, say, holding off a few more years as a young person before you start saving for retirement, it's worth it. Guns of all types, especially those suitable for defense, are a target of politicians. Buy it as cheap as possible, and stack it as deep as you will want it for the forseeable future.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think that I will likely buy more mags for my primary carry sidearms. I will also likely go ahead and spend money I would rather not spend right now for the 2 rifles I want before his inauguration although I will likely buy lesser optioned models than I have planned to save some $.

MetalChris

imported post

I'll be saving my pennies until Obama gets sworn in Jan 20. I will keep a close eye on bills introduced in Congress. If major anti-gun legislation is coming down the pipe, I'll go on a major spending spree.

But no, I'm not going to freak out and max out my credit cards buying AKs, XDs, mags and ammo on 5 Nov. :)

KansasMustang

imported post

I've always wanted a Springfield M1A so 'll buy it, and extra mags for it and my double stack handguns. More ammo for all but not going crazy here as I've been already adding for the past three years. Not clairvoyant just read the writing on the wall.:what:

CrossFire

imported post

i left the polling place Saturday, I early voted, and went straight to the gunstore and bought an AR-15. Now all I have to do is start stocking up on ammo.

squarepeg

imported post

I am planning on going to a gun show the following weekend. If Obama wins I plan on buying a lower AR15 there. I will build the rest as the money comes in, probably around Christmas. If McCain wins I will just browse and most likely not buy the lower till the spring time. Its a planned purchase, just on an accelerated schedule depending on the outcome of the election.

Legba

imported post

My "wish list" isn't affected by the election, nor is my sense of urgency in filling it. I doubt Congress is going to undergo the requisite overhaul that would be required for the anti-gun people to change the laws with impunity.

-ljp

Thundar

imported post

.50 BMG will be the first target of the gun grabbers. Get 'em while you can!!! (Unless youlive in places like California and New Jersey, where they are already banned.) Don't forget to buy lots of brass and bullets so you can make your own loads.

Flintlock

imported post

Thundar wrote:
.50 BMG will be the first target of the gun grabbers. Get 'em while you can!!! (Unless youlive in places like California and New Jersey, where they are already banned.) Don't forget to buy lots of brass and bullets so you can make your own loads.
I would imagine they would go after the five seven as well..

TheMrMitch

imported post

I have from .22 up to .50 BMG so I'm somewhat set. I want a few more, but will bide my time (I have 25 different calibers from 22 or so different countries).:what:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I work at a gunshop, folks are already rushing there. Waiting until after the election will put you behind the curve.