• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O C First Time Last Week

RiverRat

imported post

Newbie to this forum, Iv'e been lurking for 4 weeks. I've had my CCW since the middle of June , although the issue date is March 12, 2008. Last week, after depositing my paycheck, I had to go to Wally World at Craig Rd. and Clayton, in Las Vegas. Decided to OC for the first time, this 70 year old boy, needless to say was very apprehensive. Spent about an hour in the store, made it a point to talk to one clerk and one Asst. Manager. No one paid any attention to the fact that I was carrying, not customers or employees. Felt real good uopn leaving the store. Then on Friday on the way home from Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club, I had to stop at Albertsons' Grocery Store at Desert ??? and W. Charleston, after talking to an Asst. Mgr. about a former co-worker,that I used to work with at Albertsons', I departed. Again, no one seemed to notice. On Saturday, I had the same results at Lowes, on Nellis Blvd., just North of Lake Mead, and at Home Deopt, on Lamb Blvd, just South of Charleston. I'm beginning to wonder if the public is as paranoid about firearms as the Leftist Media makes it out to be!!! I think, now that I've broken through the " Should I,Shouldn't I Syndrome" i'll be doing more OC in the future. Great Forum, keep up the good work, I really enjoy every minute I spend on it.:lol:

ourmanthejoker

imported post

I live right by that walmart at craig and clayton. I went in there the other day around 3am and got the same result. Buffalo wild wings on craig is good too. I've actually only had two or three people ask about it, and I just tell them that it's legal to open carry in this state.
A gas station on clayton and anne seemed to be happy to see me around OC in the middle of the night too (there were a few shady characters he was nervous about)

People in nevada are pretty open minded and love their freedoms. It's the news and the police that seem to have a problem with it in my opinion.