• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

max load? .223

b1ack5mith

imported post

i loaded my first round of casings had 25.5 gr of h4895, which was underpowered, about 5 out of 30 rounds cycled... yeah, bad odds. so i bumped it up to 27.55 grains (52000 cup i think) around 3500fps. i might test em tomarrow :) just checking your thoughts on this before i do it! thanks!

b1ack5mith

imported post

P.S.

bent brass:

what is the MOST damage, done to a piece of brass, that is still "use-able"?

i have some with ejector dings in em, which i read to be OKAY, but some will have a little ding on the shoulder, and from what i read online, aslong as theres no real DEEP indentions, or neck damage, it should be fine (the ones i reloaded but didnt cycle, had some dings in em, but the pressure fixed em up when i fired the cartridge)

b1ack5mith

imported post

hahahaha! if you bring the brass, ill give you the max load you can take, with some moly coated V-max bullets ;) id just charge ya for the components :D

(can only reload .223 so far!)

scorpioajr

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
hahahaha! if you bring the brass, ill give you the max load you can take, with some moly coated V-max bullets ;) id just charge ya for the components :D

(can only reload .223 so far!)
well that settles THAT: I'm picking up my spent brass from now on.

Dude, so we show up to your pad with 2,000 rounds of spent .223 and a case of beer, and we'll reload?!

Mr. Magnum

imported post

And when will ya start pumping out 5.45X39 at component prices for my new AR?:lol:

mp15-01.jpg

mp15-02.jpg

P.S. I got mine at Gunnies too. They were the only dealer I could find in the county that had the new M&P15R andone was all they had.:cool: