Thread: max load? .223

Post imported post

i loaded my first round of casings had 25.5 gr of h4895, which was underpowered, about 5 out of 30 rounds cycled... yeah, bad odds. so i bumped it up to 27.55 grains (52000 cup i think) around 3500fps. i might test em tomarrow just checking your thoughts on this before i do it! thanks!

Post imported post

P.S.

bent brass:

what is the MOST damage, done to a piece of brass, that is still "use-able"?

i have some with ejector dings in em, which i read to be OKAY, but some will have a little ding on the shoulder, and from what i read online, aslong as theres no real DEEP indentions, or neck damage, it should be fine (the ones i reloaded but didnt cycle, had some dings in em, but the pressure fixed em up when i fired the cartridge)

Post imported post

Don't forget to list some prices that your going to be selling the .223s at! Special OCDO prices, riiight?

Post imported post

hahahaha! if you bring the brass, ill give you the max load you can take, with some moly coated V-max bullets id just charge ya for the components

(can only reload .223 so far!)

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    hahahaha! if you bring the brass, ill give you the max load you can take, with some moly coated V-max bullets id just charge ya for the components

(can only reload .223 so far!)
    well that settles THAT: I'm picking up my spent brass from now on.

Dude, so we show up to your pad with 2,000 rounds of spent .223 and a case of beer, and we'll reload?!

Post imported post

And when will ya start pumping out 5.45X39 at component prices for my new AR?

P.S. I got mine at Gunnies too. They were the only dealer I could find in the county that had the new M&P15R andone was all they had.

Post imported post