• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which Presidental Candiate has a Carry permit?

Marco

imported post

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:31:29 -0400
To: ########@hotmail.com
Subject: Which candidate for President has a permit to carry a concealed firearm?

Dear Marco,
No this isn't a trivia question. And, yes, it's Bob Barr.

Your gun rights are not a trivial matter, that's one reason Bob Barr wants to be our next President. And unlike any time in the past almost 15 years, our rights are threatened now more than ever.

Anti-gun Barack Obama leads in most polls and at this late date, John McCain has peaked and is falling. The McCain campaign is a lost cause - not that he was ever a real friend to gun owners.

I am old enough to remember the early days of the Clinton administration. Clinton owed the anti-gun fanatics his election victory. The same will be said for Obama and just like 1993, come the New Year, you can expect a litany of anti-gun schemes in Congress. But unlike1993, Obama will have a huge margin of anti-gun members of Congress. In the Senate, he may even have 60 - enough to block a filibuster.

Semi-automatic firearms of every type will be first on the targeted list. Guns like my HK 12 guage shotgun, my Colt AR-15 and every one of my auto loading pistols (Glocks, Beretta's, Rugers, Sigs, HK, S&W - all of them) And with that, magazine capacities will be reduced. Next, expect a massive fee to be collected for processing the mandatory back ground checks. And finally, an ammo tax of say 200% or more. And that's just in the first few months of the new Congress!

After that, total bans and ultimately, confiscation of the types seen in England, Australia and other countries.

Bob Barr would allow none of this nonsense. And unlike many politicians who claim to be pro-gun, Bob Barr walks the walk. Yes, he exercises his right to own and carry firearms, just like me and millions of other law-abiding Americans.
glock.jpg

And when he does, it's a .45 Glock that he has holstered. (As for me, I guess I'm a wimp since I carry only a .40 Glock.)

But enough about us. This message is about you, your gun rights and a very special offer. You see, this morning I received word that one of our most generous donors is giving the campaign a new, in the box, hard to find, 12 gauge Mossberg Model 590A pump shotgun.

Your next gun (Not yet autographed):
mossberg.jpg

Why would Bob's friend choose such a firearm to give to the campaign?

First, he wants us to use it to motivate our donors to support the Bob Barr mission and second he selected a gun that if Barack Obama becomes president, it will be high on the endangered species list to be banned.

You see, the Mossberg 590 is compact and an ideal firearm for home defense. It holds up to nine rounds and with its optional pistol grip (included) is easy to point and cycle. And it features a bayonet lug that absolutely drives the anti-gun crowd crazy!

The polymer stock and rugged finish assure you years of low maintenance protection for your family and your belongings. Just the sound of a cartridge being racked into place strikes fear into the heart of your typical low-life burglar or robber.

Now as if the regular features of this firearm (retailing for about $500) aren't enough to get your interest, let me add something that will make this a treasured addition to your collection. Bob Barr will personally autograph your gun with a personal inscription to you. Years from now, your descendents will cherish this heirloom as your legacy to freedom and liberty.

Here's what we are going to do. The donor who makes the highest contribution to the Barr Presidential campaign online before 12:00 midnight EDT October 29 will receives this fine example of American technology and craftsmanship. If there is a tie, each tied contributor will receive this special gift.

Click here to contribute Remember, every gift you make - even if it isn't enough to win this collector's Mossberg-- equips this campaign with the ammunition we need to fight to protect your gun rights. Thanks.

Sincerely,
18.jpg

Robert Stuber
Finance Director
Bob Barr for President

P.S. - The highest donor or donors will be required to comply with all federal, state and local regulations - regardless of how ineffective they are. The firearm will be transferred from a dealer in Atlanta to your local dealer. The highest legal gift is $2,300. For donors who have already contributed the legal amount to the campaign, you are eligible to contribute up to $2,300 to the Bob Barr Presidential Committee Compliance Fund to cover expenses related to legal compliance with federal regulations. Gifts are not deductible for income tax purposes.

To donate by mail:
Barr 2008 Presidential Committee
P.O. Box 725007
Atlanta, GA 31139

To donate by phone:
Call 1-800-Bob-Barr
[size=-2]Paid for by Barr 2008 Presidential Committee.[/size]
Federal law requires us to report the name, address, and name of employer and occupation for any individual whose aggregate contributions total over $200 in a calendar year. Corporate contributions and gifts from foreign nationals are prohibited. Personal Credit Card gifts only. Contributions are not tax deductible for income tax purposes. Limit of $2,300 per person per election and $4,600 per couple if signed by both parties and drawn on a jointly held bank account.

Marco

imported post

I'm not a Barr supporter as I've stated before.

[line]

I couldn't/wouldn't vote for a candiadate that isn't on the ballot on all 50 states regardless of his/her past voting record.
However, Barr's record isn't a +, imho.

[line]

I'm voting for McCain because of Palin.
Without her on the ticket I'd just as soonwrite my dogs name on the ballot.
[line]
Too little too late on Barr's part.

[line]
I should have included my comments in my OP.

Marco

imported post

Do a quick search.
I imagine others that didn't know did.
Hint, wikipedia.

The Donkey

imported post

Got it:

"The Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968, effective 30 September 1996, makes it a felony for those convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms or ammunition. The Amendment also makes it a felony to transfer a firearm or ammunition to an individual known, or reasonably believed, to have such a conviction. Soldiers are not exempt from the Lautenberg Amendment."

So what did Barr do to make it "constitutional"?

IanB

imported post

The original language made gun restrictions based on domestic violence retroactive. The retroactive part is what Babar thought unconstitutional.