• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC member Checking In

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Just wanted to stop in and say hi from the Pittsburgh, PA area. i found this forumvia PAFOA.org and PAopencarry.org.

here's a little bit of my background. i've been i shooting firearms ever since i was able to hold one, with my father teaching me about safety and proper shooting technique. i started hunting at 12 years old and took my first deer the same year. i've always been interested in firearms through out my life and worked in quite a few gun shops and chain stores. now i have a 2 year old son that loves watching daddy shoot his guns in the yard. i bought him his first rifle the day he was born, (a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 7mm-08.) and can't wait for him to start shooting with me. when i turned 21 i got my LTCF an carried concealed for 6 years.

i started OCing back in June after i had some informal training from Steve at the F.I.R.E. institute. he showed me that the way i CCed my sig P220 would be cumbersome to draw from the small of my back and that i shold get a good hip holster and carry that way. i experimented for a few days with various carry holsters and finally settled on a level 2 Serpa. i also got the carry gun i've been wanting for a year. the P220 Match in a 5" barrel. now i OC just about everywhere i go. even into the City of Pittsburgh where i have a second job on the weekends. my boss prefers i OC. now with winter setting in it'll be a little harder to OC, but i will every chance i get. i will be OCing on Nov. 4th to my polling place.

have a good one

Chris S.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome RenegatePhoenix! Good to see you.

I keep hoping to get back to Pgh sometime in the not-too-distant future. I attended Carnegie Mellon many many moons ago and still love that city.

Hope to meet you sometime at a multi-state meetup.