• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call 911 first?

Caveman93

imported post

I am oh so looking for responses to this idiotic article of bad advise. She knows nothing about firearms and is giving advise on self defense. God help us. Defense experts are versed in more than just Karate. I am sorry this story is just annoying the crap out of me and have to share it.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3802396/

Next week I will have an article news story of a financial adviser showing you how to build a 3 story bridge made out of adobe for wetlands use! What exactly does a gun safety expert teach? Gun safety or personal defense or both?

"Your question was, would it be a better idea than a gun in your house? Guns are a very interesting subject. I believe everyone has to come to their own decision on gun safety. There are many gun safety experts out there that will tell you that the gun is the best line of defense in your home".

"I am not a gun safety expert, and, in fact, I am not knowledgeable in the areas of guns at all. I think the pepper spray could make you feel safer in your home, without the worry of having a gun. If that is true, it is the right choice for you".

45disco

imported post

most of it is complete horse crap, self -defense, my eye. her key action in all the question answers are to negotiate with an armed attacker then flee and hope the criminal attacker "does the right thing". she obviously has no experience with a real and dangerous scenarios. listening to an armed attacker get you future away from a real chance of getting out alive.

45disco

imported post

super liberal, the inability to print truth, facts or otherwise conscientious common sense articles. this is why "experts" in our society consist of loud mouth liberals like rossey o'donold, movie/music stars like jony depp, paris hilton, britty spears and a whole bunch of other ridiculous out of reality thinkers or non-thinkers. don't even get me started on political leaders.. people can't or don't want to handle the truth, they want mush not meat. they want sprite not scotch. they want diluted/feel good advice, so that when the responsibility hits the fan, they have a finger to point at some one else for why their life sucks or they did not get what they think they should have. there is very little intellectual thought or speaking going on these days and the proof is, go a head and try to talk to someone about something other than political corectness, or shoes. try this :: utube, search for howard stern,obama harlem. play the clip.(just one example) another rednecks for obama ( in no way slamming race, color or political views) decide for your self

scotch!:D

jim

FogRider

imported post

Speaking of Rednecks for Obama, I heard an interview with Tony Viessmanthis morning, and he was a hell of a lot more intelligent, articulate, and made more sense than many of the folks on this forum.

45disco

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Speaking of Rednecks for Obama, I heard an interview with Tony Viessmanthis morning, and he was a hell of a lot more intelligent, articulate, and made more sense than many of the folks on this forum.
What... Rednecks for obama is an oxymoron. do they even know what the issues are, not to say the republicans know what they are either, are they voting just to get a tax cut, but wait if you pay less tax than some one else pays more, hope your not the one they pick. are they voting for the 2cd amendment rights, do they know that obama is for suing gun companies and ammo companies for the miss use of their product by criminals, i wander how that will pan out when they need a new rifle or ammo to hunt with? obama also sits on the board of dirrectors for the largest anti-gun group in the nation(world). did they know that obama is a member of a church that is openly rasist against whites. (doen't believe me look it up your self)(didn't after being pinded for that quick recant,sounds wishy,washy). the "redneck" that i know wouldn't stand for any of that intelligene, articulation, and sense.