• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne county CPL wait time

polishale

imported post

I have had my cpl a couple of years now, back whenI applied it took me six months before i could go pick it up. A friend of mine put his in on monday the 27th any ideas how long hes lookig at???

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

polishale wrote:
I have had my cpl a couple of years now, back whenI applied it took me six months before i could go pick it up. A friend of mine put his in on monday the 27th any ideas how long hes lookig at???

I have heard that Wayne county takes longer than most, but they are faster than they used to be. Thereare laws in place to stop counties from delaying the permit for no reason. I would ask the question here: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/index.phpSomeone can give you an answer. Also someone on AR15.com may know. http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=39

Keep in mind they are required to issue a temorary permit within 60 days by law.

HB No. 6337

(13) Subject to subsections (10) and (14), the concealed weapon licensing board shall issue or deny issuance of a license within 45 days after the concealed weapon licensing board receives the fingerprint comparison report provided under subsection (10). If the concealed weapon licensing board denies issuance of a license to carry a concealed pistol, the concealed weapon licensing board shall within 5 business days do both of the following:

(a) Inform the applicant in writing of the reasons for the denial. Information under this subdivision shall include all of the following:

(i) A statement of the specific and articulable facts supporting the denial.

(ii) Copies of any writings, photographs, records, or other documentary evidence upon which the denial is based.

(b) Inform the applicant in writing of his or her right to appeal the denial to the circuit court as provided in

section 5d.

(14) If the fingerprint comparison report is not received by the concealed weapon licensing board within 60 days after the fingerprint report is forwarded to the department of state police by the federal bureau of investigation, the concealed weapon licensing board shall issue a temporary license to carry a concealed pistol to the applicant if the applicant is otherwise qualified for a license. A temporary license issued under this section is valid for 180 days or until the concealed weapon licensing board receives the fingerprint comparison report provided under subsection (10) and issues or denies issuance of a license to carry a concealed pistol as otherwise provided under this act. Upon issuance or the denial of issuance of the license to carry a concealed pistol to an applicant who received a temporary license under this section, the applicant shall immediately surrender the temporary license to the concealed weapon licensing board that issued that temporary license.

cmdio

imported post

dougwg wrote:
From what I hear, 1-2 months

This is good for me to hear. I've been waiting on getting my CPL because I may be moving to Lansing area in the spring/summer and I know that wait times there are next to nothing. It's good to see that WaCo isn't taking nearly as long as they had been, I might just put in my application. As soon as I can find a whole saturday to spend taking the class that is.

khicks

imported post

cmdio take your class even id you move to lansing your cert is good to go. if you apply in waco and move after you get your cpl there is no need to change address

cmdio

imported post

Thanks for the info, but the idea on waiting was more that if I applied in WaCo now I might not get my permit until I'm already in lansing (based on some waiting times earlier in the year) and could have gotten it in Lansing already. It was more or less just a want to get the CPL the quickest and I now see that WaCo is the way to go.