• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the Forum

treekillerx

imported post

Hello, All.

Just writing to introduce myself...glad I found this board. I've had my GFL for about a month now, and I have to say it is a great feeling knowing that I'm able to take my and my family's safety in hand. Open Carry is where it's at, for sure. Getting folks used to citizens having a firearm on their person is super important, especially here in the wanna-be cosmo city of Atlanta. Used to open carry back in Detroit, mainly due to the town's unfriendlyness...also Michigan's permit process is a pain.

Looking forward to the discussions!

Tree

officerjdc

imported post

Welcome aboard. I've had my GFL since 2001, but I only started carrying openly this year, after we won the battle over HB 89 and it went into effect. I had considered OC for years but hadn't done it for fear of being hassled by law enforcement over it. I've been carrying openly more than concealed since the beginning of June, and I haven't had any negative experiences with the LEOs here even though I've carried several times in front of Hinesville police officers and Liberty County deputies. I have had some wide eyed stares and a few questions from people about my carrying, but no major confrontations with anyone. Thus far it hasn't been a big deal in the Hinesville/Liberty County area.

rmodel65

imported post

welcome now you need to join www.GeorgiaCarry.Org they are extremely proactive here in GA and are expanding our rights exponentially. and its a small fee 15 is well worth what they accomplish.

next stop need to be www.GeorgiaPacking.org they have all of georgia laws i n plain english along with case law(and summaries) along with a great forum that is very in depth and the president and VP of Georgia Carry are members. look forward to seeing you there