• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do members of this fourm multi-quote preceding posts?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Deleting unnecessary parts of a quote or highlighting and adding to a post I grasp but , how do you quote multiple, not quoted together posts from different authors?

I have seen this so posted but cannot accomplish the same.

Yata hey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Deleting unnecessary parts of a quote or highlighting and adding to a post I grasp but , how do you quote multiple, not quoted together posts from different authors?

Yata hey

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Select all, copy, paste. I might have two tabs of OCDO open simultaneously, copying from one and pasting and writing in the other.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

[quote*="person's name"] TEXT [/*quote]

But without the *. I had to put that in otherwise it turns into code and isn't visible.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

But without the *. I had to put that in otherwise it turns into code and isn't visible.
Do you have better luck using the vbcode rather than using the quote feature built into the forum tool bar? I'm usually lazy and just use the tool bar but sometimes the formatting goes all FUBAR and is just frustrating.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Do you have better luck using the vbcode rather than using the quote feature built into the forum tool bar? I'm usually lazy and just use the tool bar but sometimes the formatting goes all FUBAR and is just frustrating.

This board has the worst built in quoting system of any I've used, and I've used a lot. I manually type the code for everything here.

MetalChris

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
This board has the worst built in quoting system of any I've used, and I've used a lot.
+1

Does PHPBB cost anything? Is there a reason we use this crappy WOWBB sh!t?

Tomahawk

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
This board has the worst built in quoting system of any I've used, and I've used a lot.
+1

Well, unless I missed a bill, you're using it for free. So maybe you could thank John via PM for setting up this website and avoid using profanity to describe his project.

MetalChris

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
+1

Well, unless I missed a bill, you're using it for free. So maybe you could thank John via PM for setting up this website and avoid using profanity to describe his project.
So you disagree? You don't think WOWBB is poo compared to PHPBB?

Anyway, I have thanked John and Mike both for what they've done here. Even if I hadn't it doesn't change the fact that WOWBB is an inferior platform to PHPBB...
One last thing...I'd gladly contribute at least $5 a month if it meant the forum software could be upgraded, and I bet most of the other regulars would as well.

Tomahawk

imported post

I'm not saying the forum software is without fault, I'm just saying you could be more polite about it.

And I agree with you, this site is worth a donation, given the results it's produced.