• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this a good deal or a bad deal (NC)

Godscreation

imported post

Is this a good deal on a gun? Is this a good gun? Is it worth the price? I really am thinking about upping my firepower from shotguns and pistols to something like this. I have guns that tell criminals to leave me alone, I don't have a gun that tells my government to leave me alone. Is this something to consider? Here's the link.

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/product.php?productid=17438&cat=463&page=1

45disco

imported post

na... i have one, ok but not for that price. a FAL or ar15, mini-14. the ak for me anyway is just a toy to shoot stuff. i guess i could make due with it in combat, it functions well when dirty, but the barrel get real hot and acurracy dwindles. have a look at a shot gun news for assalt rifles. then hit a gun show, i saw them for 200$ something(250-300) in good condition in greenville at a show. just remember that out of state sales still have to go though a nc gun store. mine here charges 25$ or so for the paperwork.

solo Gratia

jim

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Dude, here's the same rifle from a better dealer: http://aimsurplus.com

They are nice rifles, but I would throw an extra 100 for a Yugo underfolder or an extra 200 for a Bulgarian SSR 85. I prefer my Yugos though.

I have 6 different types of Kalashnikovs and trust them more than any AR. They are cheaper to shoot and are half the price. They are formidable weapons and are first to be banned if the libs have their way. Buy one now! You will be happy you did. If for some reason you don't like it (not likely), you will be able to get your money back very easily. You could also show Larry the Aim website price and ask him to match it, if you need it now.

ghoststan

imported post

i got one of them at eds gun shop vass nc for $375 brand new look a videos on youtube on what to look for before you buy this gun some of them come with some defects from factoy i hand pick mine inspected and works great no malfuntions at all i change all the cheap wood for plastic tapco stuff check out the pic..
l_567374d462f91990aa373a80b44c0505.jpg

rangerdavid

imported post

or you could buy a Saiga, and convert it. That way you would have a real Russian, brand new AK built at the Ishmash factory. the conversion is real easy. They are imported as "sporting" rifles, whcih means no pistol grip. you move the fire control group and install a pistol grip, and you're done. All other AK's imported are not new and have been used to one extent or another. this is the only way to get a new, unfired, russian AK.

I have one, and I have a Romanian SAR-1. Both are really great rifles. I llike the traditional dark red wood furniture look, but the Tapco stuff is great too, just depends on your taste.

either way, you can't go wrong. look on gunbroker.com too.:celebrate