Thread: 30 days - Gun Nation

Post imported post

I found an episode of 30 Days that you guys might enjoy seeing. For those of you unfamiliar with the show, they take someone and for 30 days put them in a situation completely different than what they are used to in hope that both sides might learn a little bit from each other. In this particular episode, an extremely anti-gun lady lives with a man and his son who have made guns a huge part of their lives. It's interesting to see the reasons behind her views, and see what happens when she is forced to step back and review them. If you have 40 minutes to spare, It's a pretty entertaining episode.

http://splodetv.com/video/30-days-gun-nation-episode

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

That was incredible! I have to give her props. It took some guts and integrity to do what she did, and to allow herself to look at the evidence.

While I don't agree with her anti stance, I can sort of understand why she might feel the way she does.

All in all, it was a video worth watching.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    While I don't agree with her anti stance, I can sort of understand why she might feel the way she does.
    I heard a quote from Biden (a smart guy, even if you don't agree with him) the other day: while you may question someones actions, never question their motives ( may have gotten the exact verbage wrong, but that's the gist of it). It made a lot of sense to me, you never know what has happened in a persons life to make them think the way they do. That being said, that's no excuse for the way they act.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Agreed.

At least this woman was willing to check out the other lifestyle and to do some real homework. It looks like her eyes were opened a bit and her idea of "sensible" regulation has changed.

Progress is progress.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

while you may question someones actions, never question their motives
    Actually doesn't one automatically question someones motives when they question their actions? What's usually the first thing you ask? "Hey, why did you do that?" This immediately places the motives behind the action into question, doesn't it?

Post imported post

Saved. Flashgot for the win.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    while you may question someones actions, never question their motives
    Actually doesn't one automatically question someones motives when they question their actions? What's usually the first thing you ask? "Hey, why did you do that?" This immediately places the motives behind the action into question, doesn't it?

That only applies to actions. You can question a belief without questioning their motive for that belief.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=x859uGeYHUs

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

See the thread here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/13023.html

From its initial airing and discussion in July.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Hmm, I wish that had come up when I did a search. I didn't really want to post a duplicate. Oh well, such is life.