• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

30 days - Gun Nation

FogRider

imported post

I found an episode of 30 Days that you guys might enjoy seeing. For those of you unfamiliar with the show, they take someone and for 30 days put them in a situation completely different than what they are used to in hope that both sides might learn a little bit from each other. In this particular episode, an extremely anti-gun lady lives with a man and his son who have made guns a huge part of their lives. It's interesting to see the reasons behind her views, and see what happens when she is forced to step back and review them. If you have 40 minutes to spare, It's a pretty entertaining episode.

http://splodetv.com/video/30-days-gun-nation-episode

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

That was incredible! I have to give her props. It took some guts and integrity to do what she did, and to allow herself to look at the evidence.

While I don't agree with her anti stance, I can sort of understand why she might feel the way she does.

All in all, it was a video worth watching.

FogRider

imported post

Bookman wrote:
While I don't agree with her anti stance, I can sort of understand why she might feel the way she does.
I heard a quote from Biden (a smart guy, even if you don't agree with him) the other day: while you may question someones actions, never question their motives ( may have gotten the exact verbage wrong, but that's the gist of it). It made a lot of sense to me, you never know what has happened in a persons life to make them think the way they do. That being said, that's no excuse for the way they act.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Agreed.

At least this woman was willing to check out the other lifestyle and to do some real homework. It looks like her eyes were opened a bit and her idea of "sensible" regulation has changed.

Progress is progress.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

while you may question someones actions, never question their motives
Actually doesn't one automatically question someones motives when they question their actions? What's usually the first thing you ask? "Hey, why did you do that?" This immediately places the motives behind the action into question, doesn't it?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
while you may question someones actions, never question their motives
Actually doesn't one automatically question someones motives when they question their actions? What's usually the first thing you ask? "Hey, why did you do that?" This immediately places the motives behind the action into question, doesn't it?

That only applies to actions. You can question a belief without questioning their motive for that belief.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=x859uGeYHUs