• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State patrol in action

jarhead1911A

imported post

So yesterday the wife and i are test driving a convertible on HYWY 18 and yes i was speeding when i get nailed by a State trooper on a bike.

So i pull over he walked up to my wifes side of the car and asks me how i am doing today, I said fine and he asked for my lic, At that point i told him i was armed.

At this point he laughs and holds both his hands up and says he is 2 armed Left and armed Right motioning his palms. Now at this point i am trying to to laught but i couldnt help it.

So he writes down my info and asked me why i carry and i told him that id look funny with a state trooper hanging off of my holster, He laughed told me to slow down and have a good day.

So thumbs up for the state patrol for being supportive of people carrying.

thewise1

imported post

:lol: Awesome story, he had a great sense of humor :)

Staters have always been so much more polite to me.

joeroket

imported post

Thats pretty funny stuff. My uncle, who retired from the patrol, always said that the easiest way to get out of a ticket was to make him laugh.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
Troops are #1 in my book, but the write tickets. They will write their grandmother; you must of really hit him on a good day!
In Virginia, I have heard that the VSP call that an "open door policy." If they have to open their car door, you are getting a ticket!

Nosrac

imported post

Lucky you! I was pulled over on I-5 nearFt. Lewis but my Stater on a bikedidn't have a sense of humor. I ended up with a ticket, although I probably deserved it as I was listening to talk radio and getting pissed about Obama. I was basically keeping upspeed of the traffic flow but he wanted to pick me out of the bunch.

I had just finished up shooting down at the pit and was heading home...

bobestes

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Thats pretty funny stuff. My uncle, who retired from the patrol, always said that the easiest way to get out of a ticket was to make him laugh.

That could be true. Here is an incident that happened to a guy I used to work with back in Oklahoma. It happened while he was in college. He went home one weekend and Sunday evening he was flying low down the hiway back to OU. A state trooper pulled him over. When he walked up beside the car, he saw that my friend was young and said, "All right son, let me see you pilot's license." My friend did a double take and handed him a private pilot's license. He said the trooper looked at it for a moment, and as he handed it back he shook his head and said, "I asked for that." The trooper then walked back to his patrol car, got in, and drove off.

thewise1

imported post

bobestes wrote:

That could be true. Here is an incident that happened to a guy I used to work with back in Oklahoma. It happened while he was in college. He went home one weekend and Sunday evening he was flying low down the hiway back to OU. A state trooper pulled him over. When he walked up beside the car, he saw that my friend was young and said, "All right son, let me see you pilot's license." My friend did a double take and handed him a private pilot's license. He said the trooper looked at it for a moment, and as he handed it back he shook his head and said, "I asked for that." The trooper then walked back to his patrol car, got in, and drove off.
:lol::lol::lol:

Tawnos

imported post

bobestes wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Seen that one before: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=M2g&q=pilots+license+cop+pulled+over&btnG=Search

Still funny, just didn't happen to a friend ;)

K_Bjornstad

imported post

You are very lucky you did not gettin written up. A few of my friends who are super troopers (lol) say that many times out of many you WILL get a ticket from a motorcycle trooper. That trooper must have liked your humor alot! lol..very nice use of that carry mannerism.