• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why we carry

jbone

imported post

Saw this story in the boob tube, makes you sick when the low life that prey on the elderly. Cowards they are! I wonder if the left had all guns removed and someone broke into their home, would they see as if only I hadn’t voted on the bans, and had a gun to prevent harm to loved ones. Would they see it that way, would they see the importance of self preservation now, after it's to late? Or would they only see that they didn’t have to shoot the one who inflicted themgreat bodily harm? Let’s hope no one ever has to reflect back in a tragic situation on their role in removing what may have been prevented.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Very sad. I can't tell you how many times I've read a story that started out with a thug breaking into an elderly couple's home, and it ending with one of the couple getting out their gun and ending the break in. I wish I would read those stories more often, and the ones where they couldnt' fight back less.

DEROS72

imported post

They are indeed cowards.It is just ike the anti's and even some LE to say we don't need guns.Yet these kinds of things still go on.Where were the police to protect them? I would bet a months pension that the scum that did this probably watched this house and were pretty sure they were unarmed.The Obama plan is to take away your right of self defense while his economic plan is to give people like these criminals your money.We are supposed to feel bad because they may have come from a broken home ,or poor neighborhoods whatever.

jbone

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
The Obama plan is to take away your right of self defense while his economic plan is to give people like these criminals your money.

Agreed! Obama’s plan makes no sense at all.Take away the law abiding citizens gun, then he gives your hard earned money to the thugs that refuse to work, who in turn use your money to buy illegal guns out of the truck of another thugs car in Seattle, sorry had to throw Seattle in the mix, but Nickels Anti-Gun stance fits right in with Obama’s.

3/325

imported post

The couple were left alive. Therefore, the antis see this as a victory for their side. Right now they're high-fiving each other and convincing themselves that, had a gun been involved, at least one of the elderly couple would be dead.

If you want to beat the antis, there needs to be a more careful analysis of how these clowns think.

jbone

imported post

3/325 wrote:
The couple were left alive. Therefore, the antis see this as a victory for their side. Right now they're high-fiving each other and convincing themselves that, had a gun been involved, at least one of the elderly couple would be dead.

If you want to beat the antis, there needs to be a more careful analysis of how these clowns think.
Certainly the difference between the Antis and 2A folks,. I thinkthe 2A folks wouldhavejoined in high fivingfor thefact the elderly couple wereable to defend themselves and property, and justified in putting the thugs to rest. That’s the scenario I would prefer.IMO the antiswould rather see the thugs run amuck then allow citizens to defend life and property, and that the elderly beaten rather then the thug six feet under. Darn shame.

DEROS72

imported post

Very true Packing you are able and willing to protect you and your family these kind of people are truley cowards 325 makes a fair point I could see the anti's claiming this would be a victory.Although doyou guys remember the news article about the elderly ladylivingalone .Held a revolver on her intruder and actually forced him to call the cops. Saw that one on Fox I believe.The Ca. couple in their 70's that were actually helping build some housing for the low income.They were attacked in one of their houses.The wife remembered hearing one say something about not leaving witnesses.The really cool part was the old man faked a heart attack and fell to the floor,distracting them just long enough to pull his.357 and shot both.Naturally the mother of the assailants blaming the old man for his death.He was such a good boy.I saw that articl posted on one of these threads one time ,wish I could find it.One of the weapons also had a filed off serial #.Go figure!

And talk about f'ked up liberal media.They say one of the assailants was a young man working on his GED. finished rehab ,dreamed of being a basketball star .Hoped one day to marry his girl friend so he could be with his kid.

Why don't they report the reality.He was a high school drop out,who knocked up his 17 year old girl friend out of wedlock.Was getting slammed for child support he couldn't pay because he was useless. Blamed everyone but himself .Trying to steel crack moneyfrom hard working good people that were using their own money to help with low income housing.

Those are the types of people I really believe obama wants to give YOUR hard earned money to_Or take away your weapon so they can just take it.Because they figure the country owes them anyway.Certainly wouldn't want to hold these people accountable for their actions.In that case having his handgun on his person saved both of them.

shad0wfax

imported post

Every month I enjoy reading The Armed Citizen section of American Rifleman. I keep all of my issues, so when the inevitable anti-gun comments start at WSU and people ask why I'm against gun-control, I can say this: "Every month I read multiple newspaper articles where the lawful posession and use of a firearm prevented death or serious injury, often resulting in the apprehension or death of a criminal. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."If they ever demand to see the articles, I can hand them over 300 sets of articles.

I'm sure just about anyone who posts here knows about it, but here's a link just for fun, since the last incident was just 3 days ago where an 86 year old victim shot and killed a knife-wielding thief: http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/default.aspx