• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picked up the ultimate anti ban gun

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Just walked into my local funshop and saw a guy selling his Tec DC9 to the shop owner. I had to have it! It is still in the original box with all the original paperwork and in preban configuration. I got it with a 32 round magazine for $300. I took it straight to their range and unloaded 50 rounds of Blazer fmj through it. Not a single hiccup, but it is not a comfortable shooter. It actually hurt and made a 9mm round feel like a .40 as far as recoil is concerned. Who cares? It's just a collection piece that will probbably not be available in the future.

Does anyone else have one out there?

Paul Volk

imported post

I've considered getting one. I think I'd choose the MAC10 over the TEC though.

But, $300 is adamn good price.

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Just walked into my local funshop and saw a guy selling his Tec DC9 to the shop owner. I had to have it! It is still in the original box with all the original paperwork and in preban configuration. I got it with a 32 round magazine for $300. I took it straight to their range and unloaded 50 rounds of Blazer fmj through it. Not a single hiccup, but it is not a comfortable shooter. It actually hurt and made a 9mm round feel like a .40 as far as recoil is concerned. Who cares? It's just a collection piece that will probbably not be available in the future.

Does anyone else have one out there?
Did you try shooting it sydewayz? :celebrate

tju1973

imported post

nice find!

nothing says freedom more than an ANti-Kali gun like a tec 9--

Not much on actual practicality, but that is the beauty--

you bought it because it was your right, and you aint hurting anyone with it!!!

congrats!!!:)

shad0wfax

imported post

FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:

Did you try shooting it sydewayz? :celebrate

You have to double-fist them to get the true effect. :p

Gray Davis doesn't quite have the "sydewayz" thing going on though. That must be the reason he was recalled. If he'd have just held them sideways, the recall vote would have gone in his favor. :celebrate

davis.jpg

P.S. "liberal pisser offers" is a great phrase and I'll definitely be using that one in the future.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I got one of those yesterday too :celebrate!

As far as the pics... i have to wait until the wife is sleeping :uhoh:
We're still waiting. Is she STILL awake??

Oh, and just to clarify, I want to see pics of the Tech-9, not your wife, but you know, as to some of these others YMMV ... ;)

shad0wfax

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Can you guys see the shoulder thing that goes up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

:celebrate

:celebrateHe asks her three times what is a barrel shroud and why was it banned. When he finally pins her down on it....

The shoulder thing that goes up....!

Evil gun. EVIL!!!! It is black. It looks menacing. Gangs used it to kill cops. It has a shoulder thing that goes up!

Slayer of Paper

imported post

"These were the weapons that the gangs were using to murder cops" (paraphrased). My God, ALL rifles only account for about 3% of ALL murders in the US. Talk about spin. I'd like her to produce actual numbers of cops that were killed by weapons covered by the AWB. Obviously, they never did, because that would prove them to be LIARS.

This stuff continues to piss me off. Remember the story about the felon that shot the 12 year old trick or treater the other day? He used an "Assault Rifle." Just today, there was a local news story about an ATM robbery caught on tape. One of the suspects was carrying an "Assault Rifle". It makes you want to just reach through the T.V. and rip reporter's face off!

Just once, I'd like one of them to just come and state the truth: "Of course we realize that gun control doesn't stop crime. The objective is not to stop crime, it is to disarm the American public, because we have a few changes we want to make that aren't strictly constitutional...."

M16a2

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA
imported post

If it was a open bolt gun, with short barrel and threaded barrel. Then it would realy be a red flag! I just got another open bolt mac. The lady at the PD said "are you in the military or where you" then "what is it and what barrel size" when I said multi but register it in 9mm and 45 acp. So see made a funny face and said what size barrel and I said 5" to 16". So see then asks how many rds in the mag. I said anywhere from 10 - 50 depending on the caliber. Wow was see lost.

All my guns and no tec 9. DAMNIT wee it is a INGRAM so it is on the list I will have one in a week. OH and that is a good price. FYI get all the accessories for it now. As it will add 20% to the total gun value and are getting harder to find. And open original open bolts ingrams are value plus 300% then plus 20% for acc.