• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lafayette County Board has passed RKABA Resolution 32-08

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

16 September 2008 Agenda

http://www.co.lafayette.wi.gov/county/app/docs/lafayette/20080912151448888340.doc;sesessionid=9dVLisRFCg1XUYxYmB9GKq3i

Image of the resolution.

moz-screenshot.jpg
?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

You, y'all are very welcome.

I am sorry that the effort started here on OCDO has not been more successful and has bee hijacked by a "secretive gun advocacy group".

A fine point that I learned from my First Amendment advocacy experience is that "Bicycles don't need advocates" because they have plenty of moneyed marketeers. Neither do 'guns' per se need advocates for the same reasons. Legally armed citizens need advocates.

I pray we here on OCDO remember that we are advocates for openly carrying LAC, and not touts for profiteers.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

I rummaged about a bit as you can see from the image URL (if I did smilies there would be one here of a middle finger salute). The Lafayette County website is very sparse though not so sparse as the W. I. Town site.

http://www.co.lafayette.wi.gov

I found the agenda through G00gle/Scroogle once I knew the Resolution number.

I can also report that the newspaper in the county seat is sparse with no archives and no mention of anything mundane to our concerns.

If we get anything then it will be by an appeal to one of the Board members.

smithman

imported post

So now everybody has seen that the Patriots efforts can be successful! March down to your alderman's house and emplore him to follow suit and introduce this resolution. I guarantee LEOs will be made aware of it.

And this wasn't even a county with many signatures....

Comon people, this is the first of many victories. Keep the pressure on your local reps to make something happen.