• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What handgun is this?

Weak 9mm

imported post

This is an interesting photo and I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of handgun the officer is firing. The hammer seems quite distinctive in that it sticks out really far.

launchingpig-e35.jpg

Legba

imported post

Well, the image is cropped, but I would wager that it's a Tokarev (TT-33), 7.62 x 25mm pistol, made in the Tula armory. That was the standard replacement for the Nagant revolver in the Soviet Union.

-ljp

ODA 226

imported post

Looks like a TT-33 hammer to me. It was nice of them to tank that pig up with "KAGOR" No. 9 Wine before putting him through that!