• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eugene/Springfield November Meetup

Orygunner

imported post

EDIT: UPDATED: Current plans as of 11/14/08:

Saturday, November 15th,at 5:00 PM.
Applebees on Gateway in Springfield:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=applebees,+springfield,+oregon&fb=1&cid=0,0,14408374135412669895&ll=44.07547,-123.042326&spn=0.009835,0.019226&z=16&iwloc=A

Party name is "Ory." I will be there about 10-15 minutes early waiting up front for others, and hopefully be seated at 5:00 sharp.

See thread for details.

---Original Post---
Emboldened by attending the meetup with a couple of the Portland area guys in Salem last weekend (Grishnav & friend andPuddin99), I'm going to plan a Eugene/Springfield area meet.

Saturday, November 15th.
1 PM

Location suggestions:
Papa's Pizza, Coburg Rd, Eugene.
Applebees, Gateway Mall, Springfield.
Outback Steakhouse, Beltline Rd, Springfield.

I don't know how Papa's pizza is towards OC, but I know Applebees and Outback should both be OC Friendly. My preference is Papa's Pizza since it's great for the kids to go play and this should be a family-friendly gathering.

All suggestions for location, and any suggestions to change date/time (dinner instead of lunch?) are welcome.

...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

Yeah, I know there are some issues with Gateway Mall, but because Applebees is not inside the mall (It's on the fringe of the parking lot), I wouldn't think that'd apply... Would it?

I'm pretty sure I've read that Applebees corporate policy does not prohibit OC, is why I threw that out there as an option...

...Orygunner...

Parapacker

imported post

I am not sure, but I believe that whole parking lot area belongs to the Gateway Corp, but I will have to do some further investigation.

There is always Applebees on W. 11th.

JBURGII

imported post

The date and time so far work for me. I can make whatever location is chosen, I travel from JC to Jasper all the time so no problem. Although I may not have a sidearm on me yet, I hate that inbetween time without a pistol. I don't think I would be as acceptable even if legal to walk around with my 12ga defender or my Mod 94.

hehe.. :D

Orygunner

imported post

Date: Saturday November 15th

Time: 1PM

For the Place, shall we try Papa's Pizza on Coburg Rd? Does anyone have any experiences with OCing there, or have any better suggestions?

As far as how many, I know for sure of at least 6 people from Eugene/Springfield area that have posted on OCDO. Who else can make it?

...Orygunner...

docs9788

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Date: Saturday November 15th

Time: 1PM

For the Place, shall we try Papa's Pizza on Coburg Rd? Does anyone have any experiences with OCing there, or have any better suggestions?

As far as how many, I know for sure of at least 6 people from Eugene/Springfield area that have posted on OCDO. Who else can make it?

...Orygunner...
HI All;

I have a friend who manages or did manage (I am retired and haven't been in touch with him for a while) the Pappa's Pizza in Bethel Danebo. Will contact him and see WHAT their Policy is OR if they have one. Time and place works for me and would love to attend and get acquainted.

"Doc"

lazyeye

imported post

I can do the 15th. I work Saturdays, but I'll figure something out.
My vote would be Gateway Applebees, closer to my work :)
edit: and I've OCed there before...

docs9788

imported post

lazyeye wrote:
I can do the 15th. I work Saturdays, but I'll figure something out.
My vote would be Gateway Applebees, closer to my work :)
edit: and I've OCed there before...
I have NO strong preferences for any particular place....just glad to see a meeting in Eugene/Springfield. I am GOOD for ANY location everyone agrees on AND where we will NOT be having any problems with OC.

"Doc"

JBURGII

imported post

I don't have a preference as far as any of the locations go. But shucks.. that only gives me a couple of weeks to purchase a new 'best friend'... :D

It would be nice to form a regular meet as we can all schedule it, that would go a ways for spreading the good word about carrying.. J

Orygunner

imported post

This is kindof exciting, we've got a few people interested in meeting up now :D

In an effort to make our first meeting a success, to get as many people to come as possible, and the best chance of avoiding any issues with the restaurant, here's my suggestion:

Keep the date the same (nobody seems to have a problem with Saturday Nov. 15th).

Location: Applebees on Gateway (lazyeye reports OCing there before, and it's more convenient for him. I think the company is OC friendly, but if an issue arises, there's lots more choices within 1-2 blocks as alternates)

Time: lazyeye also suggested an evening meet, but that he'll try to make it anytime. I would like to hear from everyone wanting to attend whether they can or can't make a 1pm or 5pm meetup time... Also, if Applebees is an OK location for you to get to.

...Does anyone know if Applebees still does that 1/2 price appetizer "happy hour" thing?...
...Orygunner...

JBURGII

imported post

So far the date and time are good with me. Looking forward to it. J

Orygunner

imported post

OK. Here's the current location, date, and time for the meetup.

Saturday, November 15th,at 5:00 PM.
Applebees on Gateway in Springfield:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=applebees,+springfield,+oregon&fb=1&cid=0,0,14408374135412669895&ll=44.07547,-123.042326&spn=0.009835,0.019226&z=16&iwloc=A

We need an accurate headcount of how many are expecting to attend so we know how big of a table to ask for.

If anybody has an issue with making it at that time & place, please post here to the thread with any other suggestions.

So far it looks like theconfirmed attendees are:

Myself (may bring one or both of my kids, age 11 & 12.)
Lazyeye
JBurgII
Docs9788

Parapacker posted earlier in the thread, dunno if he's local or interested in showing up or not...?

If anyone else wants to attend, you're invited to bring kids and/or friends and/or partners. Just post to this thread and let us know you want to come, or if you have any questions!

...Orygunner...

JBURGII

imported post

I have been using word of mouth as well. No definites yet but I have been having a lot of conversations with folks about their rights.. amazing the lack of knowledge.

J

docs9788

imported post

Parapacker wrote:
I am not sure, but I believe that whole parking lot area belongs to the Gateway Corp, but I will have to do some further investigation.

There is always Applebees on W. 11th.
YOU are absolutely CORRECT!! the ENTIRE property is under the ownership and dircetion of Gateway Corp/!

Orygunner

imported post

I can't see how their no weaponspolicy can be upheld for the renters/leasers (leasees?). Their policy is "no weapons" yet they have a knife store that sells knives, swords & airsoft guns?

Their sign is posted at the mall entrances, not at the parking lot entrance or at the exterior entrances of the stores (I haven't seen a sign at Kohl's, Target, Sears, etc.).I think they put new free-standing signs in at some of the inside entrances (I just saw a newlookingsign just inside the mall from Kohl's).

I've even OC'd inside Target at least a 1/2 dozen times. The Target security guard just smiles at me...

I don't think Applebees is going to be a problem as far as Gateway Mall policies or security is concerned.

...Orygunner...