• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eugene/Springfield November Meetup

docs9788

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I can't see how their no weaponspolicy can be upheld for the renters/leasers (leasees?). Their policy is "no weapons" yet they have a knife store that sells knives, swords & airsoft guns?

Their sign is posted at the mall entrances, not at the parking lot entrance or at the exterior entrances of the stores (I haven't seen a sign at Kohl's, Target, Sears, etc.).I think they put new free-standing signs in at some of the inside entrances (I just saw a newlookingsign just inside the mall from Kohl's).

I've even OC'd inside Target at least a 1/2 dozen times. The Target security guard just smiles at me...

I don't think Applebees is going to be a problem as far as Gateway Mall policies or security is concerned.

...Orygunner...

NO Problem....am NOT here to argue, debate, OR to TRY a TEST case ON the Web:D

Am SIMPLY and ONLY and JUST sharing what I KNOW to be absolute truth!!

Each leasing party AGREES to abide by the policies of the Leasing Company....WHAT that means in the dissection of each sylable, the implied meaning versus the actual meaning, the hidden code, the need for analysis of the intent of the original writer and the Possible interpretations of the various dilaects of the regions of Oregon a reader MIGHT hail from is ALL something I leave to the courts to decide. There IS such a thing the "Prudent" person rule....what would a "Prudent person DO in a similar situation" its pretty safe to BET that IF ONE has a policy against OC, or weapons at all for that matter,....that its going to be for the entire MALL property!! I can, however, understand how our WISH that it wasn't so....our WANT for it to be otherwise and our NEED to EXERT our RIGHT to Carry....MIGHT cause us to overlook the prudent person behaviors and FORCE the issue....when the merchant never, ever intended for it to be one :) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JBURGII

imported post

Fallback position in case original LZ is unfriendly? Goldarnit I gotta quit watching reruns of Delta Force and stuff.. ;)

p.s. Found a new best friend. Won't be showing up 'naked' ... is kinda hard to OC when the only pistol you have is a by Crossman.. :?

Orygunner

imported post

Fallback location suggestions:

• Gateway Chinese Buffet (2 blocks north)
  • Sizzler (1 1/2 Blocks North)
  • Howling Coyote BBQ (3 blocks north)
  • Far Man Chinese Restaurant (1 1/2 blocks north, across road)
  • Outback Steakhouse (About 1/2 mile away, but supposed to be very OC friendly, but Applebees is, too).
I really don't think we're going to have a problem with Applebees. I picked Applebees because I have heard they have no corporate policy against OC. I'd hate to get kicked out of a place on our first meeting (but I got my voice recorder if we do ;) )

...Orygunner...

Edited for typo

docs9788

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Fallback location suggestions:
  • Gateway Chinese Buffet (2 blocks north)
  • Sizzler (1 1/2 Blocks North)
  • Howling Coyote BBQ (3 blocks north)
  • Far Man Chinese Restaurant (1 1/2 blocks north, across road)
  • Outback Steakhouse (About 1/2 mile away, but supposed to be very OC friendly, but Applebees is, too).
I really don't think we're going to have a problem with Applebees. I picked Applebees because I have heard they have no corporate policy against OC. I'd hate to get kicked out of a place on our first meeting (but I got my voice recorder if we do ;) )

...Orygunner...

Edited for typo

Let's just go with Applebee's per the plan and leg work of Orygunner and see what happens....we can always regroup in the parking lot IF we get a COLD shoulder. I plan on being there :)

"Doc"

JBURGII

imported post

The original plan sounds great.. and that area is 'target rich' in fine eateries. I think I just like saying fallback position. er and aparently target rich... I have GOT to stop watching corny movies.. sigh..

I will be seeing you gentlemen there.. J

p.s. oh look, as I type 'Most Wanted' comes on cable.. another sniper movie.. sigh

JBURGII

imported post

Looking forward to the meeting. I OC'd all day yesterday. McDonalds for breakfast, down river road, Delta Hwy to Valley River, into Mazamas Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, went through Springfield to Jasper, then road my Yamaha back to Junction City through town with my .45 a hangin.. not a problem anywhere.. mostly nobody noticed. Flat black gun, flat black holster.. against a black leather jacket..

We had an attempted armed robbery here in J.C. at the Bi-Mart. A guy apparently took a pistol in to the pharmacy demanding pain meds.. they refused.. he dropped the gun.. grabbed it and ran.. they even knew him, he was a regular customer.. real smart.. J

Orygunner

imported post

(Ignore this message, see below)

Well, this really sucks.

At this point itlooks like I'm most likely not going to be able to make the meet-up tomorrow. Something else has come up and it looks like I'm going to be out of town Saturday :X.

Everyone seems OK with the place & time tomorrow, so someone just needs to pick a party name so everyone can make sure they get to the same table :)

I'll definitely try to be there if plans change again. Sorry :( :banghead:

...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

CANCEL THAT.

I will be there after all :) Whew. :celebrate

OK. The party name will be under "Ory" I will be there at least 10 minutes early and wait up front until at least 5:00 before getting a seat.

Can I please have a headcount by tomorrow afternoon so I know roughly how big of a table to get?

Right now I've got about5 to 7, including
Myself & (maybe)family
Lazyeye
JBurgII
Docs9788

Thanks,

...Orygunner...

JBURGII

imported post

hehe.. won't it be easy to spot those of us in the group? You will know me.. 5'6" 230lbs, glasses .. um.. and oh yeah.. the big black .45 hangin there might be a clue.

:D Sorry, have had much too much coffee..

Orygunner

imported post

When I met the group up in Salem, I walked in and started looking for guns on hips... Puddin99 was standing off to the sidein kindof a shadowy area, but the first thing I noticed was the two little glowing dots of his rear Tritium Night Sights in the dark...

...Orygunner...

JBURGII

imported post

"Hi, party of 11, under Eastwood."

"No sir, we don't have Hoppes #9 for your salad.."

Orygunner

imported post

Yeah, it was nice meeting you guys! We'll definitely have to do this again next month!

On a side note, from Applebees I went to Target to return a purchase, and spent another 1/2 hour walking around OCing completely non-eventfully.

docs9788

imported post

Enjoyable meet. Virtually NO problems or issues whatsoever. Am looking forward to future meets and expanding the group with more who share the interest. It was fun to listen and learn.

NOTE to Computer Man, Lazyeye??(Sat Next to me...am HORRIBLE with Names)....did what you suggested to Laptop NO JOY:( next step??? Well would COULD try some of your handloads and see how high that Gateway jumps ;)

I really enjoyed our time together. Thanks again to those who did the leg work on putting the meet together!

"Doc"

JBURGII

imported post

Enjoyed meeting you guys. Nice to associate with like minded folks. I met the g/f in J.C. after and we ended up going to Wal-Mart in Delta Oaks, spent at least an hour walking around and a good 15 mins talking to the guy in sporting goods about OC and their ammo prices. From there off to Burger King (g/f was hungry) for 1/2 hr and no problems anywhere. All in all a good day.. and the Ducks won! hehe :D J