Thread: Security Breach at SeaTac - locked down

Post imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/33583024.html

Alright, which one of you was it???

Post imported post

Oh, here I hoped it was from someone OCing. No such fun.
    Sea-Tac Airport back in operation after lockdown
    Story Published: Oct 30, 2008 at 10:25 AM PDT
    Story Updated: Oct 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM PDT

By KOMO Staff
    SEA-TAC AIRPORT - A security breach that placed Sea-Tac Airport into lockdown for nearly an hour Thursday morning has ended but long lines remain at security checkpoints.

Planes had been held at gates and security checkpoints were closed down while security officials investigated a reported breach.

The lockdown began at about 9:37 a.m. when a passenger's bag set off an alarm during primary screening and the passenger became separated from the bag, said Transportation Security Administration spokesman Dwayne Baird.

The lockdown remained in effect while security officials reviewed surveillance video to try and match the bag with the missing passenger.

Once the passenger was found, the bag went through secondary screening and was determined not be a security threat.

The lockdown was then lifted, at about 10:30 a.m.

KOMO News 1000 radio reporter Travis Mayfield, reporting from the scene, said long lines of people are still waiting to go through security checkpoints after the lockdown.

But security agents are working methodically to reduce the lines.

Lines extended clear into the parking garage at one point, and the wait to get through security is estimated at 45 minutes to an hour, he said.
    ...This isn't OC or even Firearms related... Why is this relevant to OCDO?...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I posted the story BEFORE the cause of the lockdown was known, so it could have been an OC'r. Also, it was meant as a half-joke where clearly the humor is lost on some if it doesn't have a smiley of some sort. So, without further ado...:what:

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Well, DEROS72 lives just a few blocks away...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

polarbz wrote:
    I posted the story BEFORE the cause of the lockdown was known, so it could have been an OC'r. Also, it was meant as a half-joke where clearly the humor is lost on some if it doesn't have a smiley of some sort. So, without further ado...:what:
    Oh, yeah. Humor. I keep forgetting about that thing

Sorry, when they updated the article it somehow sucked the humor out of it. I definitely would have chuckled a little bit more if the cause of the lockdown was still up in the air.

...Sorry, hope I didn't offend ...
    ...Orygunner...