• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Backup

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
dyver1 wrote:
This is a youtube link that a friend sent me that shows a rather unique home defense solution.

I chuckled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsV50T5uEyw

Be careful out there

Paul
Any comercial products for handguns like this?

Some dude dn another forum I used to visit somehow rigged up his Serpa so that it was somehow held into place between the mattress and box spring. He said it was pretty sturdy. It looked pretty good too.

I'm ok with the headboard technique.

Marco

imported post

Why spend $39.99 on something you can make yourself?
Old rifle rack cut than attached to a couple of 1x4's that are a few ft long.

The corner is already paid for and it doesn't point towards the foot of my bed where the kids stand.

I don't like leaving my items unsecured when I'm not home.

If you don't think robbers will flip your mattress you're mistaken.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
The corner is already paid for and it doesn't point towards the foot of my bed where the kids stand.

LOL

On a related note. Do you guysleave a round chambered in your home defense long guns (most interested in shotguns)? I kind of like the idea of the sound of a shell being pumped in scaring the intruder off and avoiding the situation all together (but, no, I would never rely on that alone).

PT111

imported post

It would be my luck that when it tried to get out of bed in the middle of the night to step on it, fall and break my neck. I don't want anything hanging over the side of my bed like that.

AbNo

imported post

Pfft? $40?

I bought two steel rods, bent them into shape using a pair of pliers and a brake rotor I just happened to have lying around, and them coated them in tool dip (which I also just happened to have).

The rotor was free, the tool dip was about $5, and the rods were $4 each. :)