Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mission Accomplished! We now have $10,219 contributed to keep the I-35 bill board up and running!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE21 NOV 08: More progress made, but we still need $248 by midnight 21 NOV to keep the I-35 billboard up thru January 09, the month the TX Legislature meets.

--

If you have not yet given, now would be the time - one time contributions of $10 or more changes your memebrship to "activist member," $100 or more to "Founders Club Member," and cumulative contributions of $1,000 or more gets you "Centurion Member" status.

---

Folks: Thanks for keeping this campaign flush with enough cash to keep the I-35 Bill Board up and runnin'!

Our next deadline is Nov. 21, 2008 by which time our total raised must reach $10,075.

If you have not yet given any $ to this effort yet, now would be the time to donate at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html.

Also, FYI: We have just now paid for the vinyl for the Houston Billboard which will be up and running hopfully by next week!

Next Up: Wold you believe, drive time radio advertizing?

Post imported post

Which city are you going to have the drive time ads in?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    Which city are you going to have the drive time ads in?
    We are thinking DFW area, but need input. Apaprently Lori has some experience arranging radio ad campaigns.

Post imported post

Great, we have several 2A friendly, conservative talk radio shows around DFW.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

I would also love to see a billboard up in the DFW area as well. I'll start scouting some locations in the mid cities area.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    I would also love to see a billboard up in the DFW area as well. I'll start scouting some locations in the mid cities area.
    Look for a doner too I bet its expensive up there.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    Look for a doner too I bet its expensive up there.
    most likely. I'm supposed to be able to connect with alot of gunshop owners and such during the gunshow in fort worth next month. I'll be working a table with some friends of mine, handing out the OC flyer for the petition. I'd like to get a couple of shirts or hats to wear while i'm doing it. Right after the election should be a perfect opportunity to get people talking to new and old reps.

Post imported post

DK, are you going to be there both days the 1st and 2nd? I and a freind are planning to be there the 1st. We will look you up while we are there.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    DK, are you going to be there both days the 1st and 2nd? I and a freind are planning to be there the 1st. We will look you up while we are there.
    Not sure which one you are referring to. The Ft Worth gun show at the will rogers center is on the 15th and 16th and I will be there both days. I'd be pleased and honored to meet you both.

Post imported post

I meant the High Caliber Gun show Nov. 1st and 2nd. but I rarely miss any gun show in the DFW area my favorite being the one they have at Dallas Market Hall.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

How much time in advance do you need donations in? I normally get paid around the 15th, and cannot commit before then.

-Jdude

Post imported post

Jdude wrote:
    How much time in advance do you need donations in? I normally get paid around the 15th, and cannot commit before then.

-Jdude
    Just on/before the deadline - that way we know the funds are there to sign another contract - John should update the contribution level when he get's off the plane tomnight, but we still need about $1,000 or so i think to renew into Jan 09.

Post imported post

What about "free" advertising by having a spokesman come in or call in to a radio talk show as a featured guest?

AM 590 in Austin would be a good forum, I think.

Post imported post

UPDATE 10 NOV 08: Some progress made, but we still need $1,055 by 22 NOV to keep the I-35 billboard up thru January 09, the month the TX Legislature meets.

If you have not yet given, now would be the time - one time contributions of $10 or more changes your memebrship to "activist member," $100 or more to "Founders Club Member," and cumulative contributions of $1,000 or more gets you "Centurion Member" status.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Hit with 25, can we get an update please. Something else i ve noticed is there are numerous members on here that have donated to this without there names being updated.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    I meant the High Caliber Gun show Nov. 1st and 2nd. but I rarely miss any gun show in the DFW area my favorite being the one they have at Dallas Market Hall.
    correction to gun show attendance. I'll be at Dallas Market Hall on Nov 29th and 30th for the Dallas Arms Collectors show.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    correction to gun show attendance. I'll be at Dallas Market Hall on Nov 29th and 30th for the Dallas Arms Collectors show.
    I was at the Fort Worth guns show and looked for you as best I could what with the massive crowd. The Market Hall gun showis my favorite. I will be there for sure, see you there.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    I was at the Fort Worth guns show and looked for you as best I could what with the massive crowd. The Market Hall gun showis my favorite. I will be there for sure, see you there.
    Looking forward to it.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    Looking forward to it.
    What booth will you be at ? Do you know?

Post imported post

OK Folks - we need to raise $868 by close of business Friday 21 NOV to keep the I-35 Bill Board up thru Juanuary.

These billboards ARE WORKING! Becasue a Clear Channel Radio staffer saw the Houston Billboard, they called me for a radio interview today - the reporter said he had already called the Brady nuch who claimed open carrier's pistols would be falling out of their holsters.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    the Brady nuch who claimed open carrier's pistols would be falling out of their holsters.
    Happens all the time. Hear about 1 in every open carry stateon the news every night.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Folks - if you have not yet even made a $10 contribution to our texas campaign, please do so no matter what state you hail from - the Texas legislature meets in january and we want those legislators from South of Austin driving past this bill board every day!

Your member status will be upgraded once you donate - please donate at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.htmltoday.

The bill boards are key to generating publicity and educating the public.

Post imported post

How much do I have to donate to become a "Super Moderator?" :^)

(It's on it's way)

Post imported post

Mike wrote:

Next Up:* Wold you believe, drive time radio advertizing?

[/quote]

Drive time might not be the best, depending on many conditions, sometimes ROS (run of schedule) is better, not the least because it's usually the lowest thing on the rate card. Is there a donation program for radio ads?

Post imported post

OK folks, as of a few hours ago we received over $100 today and need to now just raise only $735 by tomorrow (they want us to sign by close of business tomorrow, Friday).

So let's roll with the contributions tonight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast