• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mission Accomplished! We now have $10,219 contributed to keep the I-35 bill board up and running!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - if you have not yet even made a $10 contribution to our texas campaign, please do so no matter what state you hail from - the Texas legislature meets in january and we want those legislators from South of Austin driving past this bill board every day!

Your member status will be upgraded once you donate - please donate at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.htmltoday.

The bill boards are key to generating publicity and educating the public.

vonu

imported post

Mike wrote:

Next Up:  Wold you believe, drive time radio advertizing?

[/quote]

Drive time might not be the best, depending on many conditions, sometimes ROS (run of schedule) is better, not the least because it's usually the lowest thing on the rate card. Is there a donation program for radio ads?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks, as of a few hours ago we received over $100 today and need to now just raise only $735 by tomorrow (they want us to sign by close of business tomorrow, Friday).

So let's roll with the contributions tonight!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Just sent in another $10

Confirmation number:
pixel.gif
72B16506DK067994PDonation amount:
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDTotal:
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDPurpose:
pixel.gif
OCDO TX BillboardContributor:
pixel.gif
Kinetic Freight Services, LLC
Ten bucks really isn't that much folks. Skip 1 and a half fast food meals in a month!

Also, OCDO has a facebook. If you are on facebook add them then invite everybody you know to add them!!! It's an easy way to garner support and let people know about this!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

No. Not to my knowledge... I just did it because my PayPal account is in my business name and not my personal e-mail.... I donated last month also, and my 'status is still just 'member'; not that big a deal as I know that there are bigger things to do than change member's 'statuss', but when they get around to that they won't see any donations from 'me' to verify my donations.....

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
No. Not to my knowledge... I just did it because my PayPal account is in my business name and not my personal e-mail.... I donated last month also, and my 'status is still just 'member'; not that big a deal as I know that there are bigger things to do than change member's 'statuss', but when they get around to that they won't see any donations from 'me' to verify my donations.....
Yeah, good point. When I donated, there was no mechanism by which to specify that the donation was from "DrMark."

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Just sent in another $10

Confirmation number:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDTotal:
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDPurpose:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Ten bucks really isn't that much folks. Skip 1 and a half fast food meals in a month!

Also, OCDO has a facebook. If you are on facebook add them then invite everybody you know to add them!!! It's an easy way to garner support and let people know about this!
Thanks! John Pierce will update your member status soon - He looks at the paypal data for your OCDO registered email address - if he cannot find that, then he has to track you donw somehow, not sure, but send him an email or PM and transaction number if your status is not updated within 48 hours of any qualifying contribution.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
If just half of OCDO's members gave $10 a month could you imagine how much trouble we could stir up?:cool:

John and I would have the Good Year Blimp over Dallas right now with the Lori Banner flyin' high!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:
Just sent in another $10

Confirmation number:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDTotal:
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDPurpose:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Thanks! John Pierce will update your member status soon - He looks at the paypal data for your OCDO registered email address - if he cannot find that, then he has to track you donw somehow, not sure, but send him an email or PM and transaction number if your status is not updated within 48 hours of any qualifying contribution.
Thanks, I figured that that was the case, and like I said, the donation is the important part, NOT my 'status'!!!

Keep Them Billboards, Interviews, one on ones, etc going!!!!

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:
Just sent in another $10

Confirmation number:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDTotal:
pixel.gif
$10.00 USDPurpose:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Ten bucks really isn't that much folks.  Skip 1 and a half fast food meals in a month!

Also, OCDO has a facebook.  If you are on facebook add them then invite everybody you know to add them!!!  It's an easy way to garner support and let people know about this!
Thanks!  John Pierce will update your member status soon - He looks at the paypal data for your OCDO registered email address - if he cannot find that, then he has to track you donw somehow, not sure, but send him an email or PM and transaction number if your status is not updated within 48 hours of any qualifying contribution.
Thanks, I figured that that was the case, and like I said, the donation is the important part, NOT my 'status'!!!

Keep Them Billboards, Interviews, one on ones, etc going!!!!
Hm hadnt thought about that goo point thanks, I hadnt thought about that, Well i hope the money is raised in time

Jdude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Donation sent. We should be close to the mark now, how much is left?