• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mission Accomplished! We now have $10,219 contributed to keep the I-35 bill board up and running!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE21 NOV 08: More progress made, but we still need $248 by midnight 21 NOV to keep the I-35 billboard up thru January 09, the month the TX Legislature meets.

--

If you have not yet given, now would be the time - one time contributions of $10 or more changes your memebrship to "activist member," $100 or more to "Founders Club Member," and cumulative contributions of $1,000 or more gets you "Centurion Member" status.

---

Folks: Thanks for keeping this campaign flush with enough cash to keep the I-35 Bill Board up and runnin'!

Our next deadline is Nov. 21, 2008 by which time our total raised must reach $10,075.

If you have not yet given any $ to this effort yet, now would be the time to donate at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html.

Also, FYI: We have just now paid for the vinyl for the Houston Billboard which will be up and running hopfully by next week!

Next Up: Wold you believe, drive time radio advertizing?

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I would also love to see a billboard up in the DFW area as well. I'll start scouting some locations in the mid cities area.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Mike wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
I would also love to see a billboard up in the DFW area as well. I'll start scouting some locations in the mid cities area.
Look for a doner too :) I bet its expensive up there.
most likely. I'm supposed to be able to connect with alot of gunshop owners and such during the gunshow in fort worth next month. I'll be working a table with some friends of mine, handing out the OC flyer for the petition. I'd like to get a couple of shirts or hats to wear while i'm doing it. Right after the election should be a perfect opportunity to get people talking to new and old reps.

CrossFire

imported post

DK, are you going to be there both days the 1st and 2nd? I and a freind are planning to be there the 1st. We will look you up while we are there.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
DK, are you going to be there both days the 1st and 2nd? I and a freind are planning to be there the 1st. We will look you up while we are there.
Not sure which one you are referring to. The Ft Worth gun show at the will rogers center is on the 15th and 16th and I will be there both days. I'd be pleased and honored to meet you both.

CrossFire

imported post

I meant the High Caliber Gun show Nov. 1st and 2nd. but I rarely miss any gun show in the DFW area my favorite being the one they have at Dallas Market Hall.

Jdude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

How much time in advance do you need donations in? I normally get paid around the 15th, and cannot commit before then.

-Jdude

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Jdude wrote:
How much time in advance do you need donations in? I normally get paid around the 15th, and cannot commit before then.

-Jdude
Just on/before the deadline - that way we know the funds are there to sign another contract - John should update the contribution level when he get's off the plane tomnight, but we still need about $1,000 or so i think to renew into Jan 09.

maddog50

imported post

What about "free" advertising by having a spokesman come in or call in to a radio talk show as a featured guest?

AM 590 in Austin would be a good forum, I think.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE 10 NOV 08: Some progress made, but we still need $1,055 by 22 NOV to keep the I-35 billboard up thru January 09, the month the TX Legislature meets.

If you have not yet given, now would be the time - one time contributions of $10 or more changes your memebrship to "activist member," $100 or more to "Founders Club Member," and cumulative contributions of $1,000 or more gets you "Centurion Member" status.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
I meant the High Caliber Gun show Nov. 1st and 2nd. but I rarely miss any gun show in the DFW area my favorite being the one they have at Dallas Market Hall.
correction to gun show attendance. I'll be at Dallas Market Hall on Nov 29th and 30th for the Dallas Arms Collectors show.

CrossFire

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
correction to gun show attendance. I'll be at Dallas Market Hall on Nov 29th and 30th for the Dallas Arms Collectors show.
I was at the Fort Worth guns show and looked for you as best I could what with the massive crowd. The Market Hall gun showis my favorite. I will be there for sure, see you there.:D

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
I was at the Fort Worth guns show and looked for you as best I could what with the massive crowd. The Market Hall gun showis my favorite. I will be there for sure, see you there.:D
Looking forward to it.

CrossFire

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
Looking forward to it.
What booth will you be at ? Do you know?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK Folks - we need to raise $868 by close of business Friday 21 NOV to keep the I-35 Bill Board up thru Juanuary.

These billboards ARE WORKING! Becasue a Clear Channel Radio staffer saw the Houston Billboard, they called me for a radio interview today - the reporter said he had already called the Brady nuch who claimed open carrier's pistols would be falling out of their holsters. :cool: