Thread: First solo oc experience ever at.....

Post imported post

............Obama campaign office on Midlothian Tnpk.

Yep, kept hearing that jerk from the AHSA telling me how great O is on 2A. So I called today to find out their hours and they said they were open till 9.Left work and headed over.

Passed a nice older couple at the outer door, and another fella in the hallway to the office.

Walked in and asked forcampaign materialconcerning O's stance on2A as I thought I had gotten a flier in the mail about it (I think; have been getting all kinda crap from both sides this week).

Pretty sure the woman who greeted me saw the pistol. She referred me to another woman nearby and I repeated my request for 2A literature for O. She said go the website and print out what I want. Got the big :what:from two phone bank operators. Not sure how many really noticed I was carrying. Two women loading coolers did not. Woman was very nice and professional and finally gave me a dozen regular brochures. I thanked her and left.

Stopped by Ukrops on the way home, oc, chatted at the prepared food counter, checked out, then remembered Danbus and stopped at First Market to donate.

Have no account there so tried to get a cash advance off my credit card, but they were having trouble getting my card to read so I'll do that later. The lady teller asked what the fund was for and I saida legal defense fund. She asked what the guy had done and I gave her a very brief outline. When I said Norfolk, she said that was a dangerous town and probably a good place to go armed. She then said she was terrified of handguns but not rifles or shotguns.

Since it was a bank, I thought I would not call attention to my sidearm and left. Overall, kinda anti-climactic. As it should be. I think my litte j-frame looks like a cell phone.

riverrat

Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

That's a pretty good start. I wouldn't have thought of going to the Obama office while OC'ing. I'm surprised they were so laid back. Somehow I expected to hear they'd lost sphincter control or something.

Spoke to Danbus last night, and he seems fairly optimistic about his case, but the fee is $1500 so I'm sure your contribution will help.

Keep up the good work.

Post imported post

I was suprised they were so cool. Again, I'm not sure how noticable it was.It's a small gun and holster. Also, the configuration of the doorway/desk area put my strong side toward the wall.I am sure two of the phone bank operators were staring openly, but I was trying to be polite to the womanI was speaking with and looking mostly at her.

I used the campaign stuff they gave me to start a fire tonight.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    Walked in and asked forcampaign materialconcerning O's stance on2A as I thought I had gotten a flier in the mail about it (I think; have been getting all kinda crap from both sides this week)
    Oh, here. I made some campaign material concerning the Messiah's stance on Second Amendment rights (and rights in general).

Feel free to print and distribute at your leisure.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

saw your stuff on the other thread

so as not to cry

--Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Aint it fun to go OC?

Was it the First Market branch next to Wawa on Midlo?They are OC-friendly. That Said TM, Ukrops is OC-friendly as well, which makes visiting a FM branck inside Ukrops a double-delight.

One of the tellers even noticed when I was carrying a "different" sidearm on one of my visits. We had a 30-second conversation about it.

BTW, somebody commented on a pic of you & your J-frame in the Fobus holster - said it looked "tactical". Take that as a good thing.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

The Ukrops with a First Market inside on Forest Hill Ave. Main problem I had was keeping my strong side clear of others, and keeping my right hand in a non-threatening posture. Something to be said for your shoulder holsters maybe, Skid.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    Main problem I had was keeping my strong side clear of others, and keeping my right hand in a non-threatening posture. Something to be said for your shoulder holsters maybe, Skid.
    I rest my right elbow on the butt of it when in line and turn my right hip to the counter when signing checks etc. Works for me - try it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I OC at my First Market/Ukrops all the time and never have a problem.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Grapeshot, being new, I was just a little alarmed at how my situational awareness had to change vs. CC. Interestingly enough, I felt a bit vulnerable on my right side. I guess one gets used to it. Cya sat. I hope.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    riverrat10k wrote:
    Main problem I had was keeping my strong side clear of others, and keeping my right hand in a non-threatening posture. Something to be said for your shoulder holsters maybe, Skid.
    I rest my right elbow on the butt of it when in line and turn my right hip to the counter when signing checks etc. Works for me - try it.

Yata hey
    This is one of the reasons I appendix carry.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    Grapeshot, being new, I was just a little alarmed at how my situational awareness had to change vs. CC. Interestingly enough, I felt a bit vulnerable on my right side. I guess one gets used to it. Cya sat. I hope.
    Vulnerability fealings will diminish - hopefully heightened situational awareness will not.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4jqZSEo0Q

All you need to know about how Obama feels about you carrying.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I think this one says it best:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/QJFO6COAMCY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I think this one says it best:

just another reason that I renewed my NRA membership and have been signing people up as often as I can. We need a voice in DC.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I don't trust O for one second on 2nd Amend. Look forward toseeing you guys in the am. Got to get my hair cut at 11, so only 3 cuppas for me!

--Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

@oda

--Robert A. Heinlein