• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shot placement counts, not bullet size

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Dropped him on the spot, didn't it...I'm not going to say he got what he deserved, because last time I said that it in here it got me in trouble...I'll keep my thoughts to myself :banghead:. It's so hard sometimes...

PT111

imported post

Officer: "Looks like the clerkwon this one"

One of the hazards of being a robber. I hate it when anyone gets killed but if someone has to die I prefer it to be the robber than the clerk. Can't we all just get along? :banghead:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Nice shots! I don't carry the .40 because it hits harder than a 9mm. I carry it because it doesn't tend to over penetrate as often, and it makes bigger holes :D.

This brings up a question, though. Obviously the clerk who shot the BG called 911, told the 911 operator that he shot someone that attacked him. Then the cops showed up, and he showed them what happened, explaining where theBG came from, what he did, and when and how he shot him.

On the other hand, it's been said multiple times that the best thing to do in this situation is to call 911 and say "Please send emergency services, someone has been shot. Everyone is now safe." and then hang up. When the police arrive, you say nothing except "I'll need to speak to my lawyer before I say anything else".

It seems like the cops in this videowere pretty content with the fact that the clerk defended himself against a BG. Should the clerk have kept his mouth shut instead?

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

That's a tough call. I think in the heat and intensity of the moment your first instinct is to tell your side of the story in an attempt to defend yourself, but my attorney, who happens to be one of my best friends, tells me the answer to a police officers questions contains 7 little words. "I'll need to consult with my attorney."