• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Business

sirpuma

imported post

I just thought I'd let everyone here know that I am now officially a licensed gunsmith, dealer and manufacturer of firearms. If you have guns that need some work, I'm available and can make my prices competitive. I work out of my basement and will probably do transfers too, once I read the regulations for that again.

Marcus

David.Car

imported post

Sounds to me that this is firearm related and is one OC member offering a service to other OC members. It is helpful in all aspects. No more off topic than any of the for sale adds in this forum.

joeroket

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Sounds to me that this is firearm related and is one OC member offering a service to other OC members. It is helpful in all aspects. No more off topic than any of the for sale adds in this forum.
I agree. With all these requests to delete posts it would seem that someone is a little butt hurt over a post of theirs being deleted.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Yes, a post I made was deleted because it was OFF TOPIC when in fact it was re;ated to OC. The problem was that I did not put in the words "while OC" or to that effect.

The forsale, offering business service, in fighting and other BS filled posts deserve the same treatment. I have informed Mike that I will request deletion everytime I see this. If you disagree with me that is fine. You have that right and I respect it. I am just fed up- with the continous BS between some of the ones who frequent this forum. My protest, My right.

sirpuma

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I have informed Mike that I will request deletion everytime I see this. If you disagree with me that is fine. You have that right and I respect it. I am just fed up- with the continous BS between some of the ones who frequent this forum. My protest, My right.
And so since you feel wronged once by someone, you choose to spread the feeling. I feel slighted by your actions. Why spend the energy to spread bad feelings?

By the way, I support OC in my place of business as well as everywhere else.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I do not feel wronged, as the rules are rules, and they should be equally applied or disregarded. If you can provide a service that benefits OC, that is great. Sorry to have picked on you, but it did not mention OC (got that Mike?). I expect to be barred from the forum for my thoughts and actions and if that happens that is fine also. I will still OC and support OC. But let's get rid of the bickering and off topic BS.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
But let's get rid of the bickering...
I second that motion. I've been reading here for a long time and benefited greatly from it. But there is a lot of childish nonsense going on recently, making the board much less valuable a resource.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
-- Prov. 17:28

David.Car

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I do not feel wronged, as the rules are rules, and they should be equally applied or disregarded. If you can provide a service that benefits OC, that is great. Sorry to have picked on you, but it did not mention OC (got that Mike?). I expect to be barred from the forum for my thoughts and actions and if that happens that is fine also. I will still OC and support OC. But let's get rid of the bickering and off topic BS.
The best way is to lead by example and not go into other peoples threads and ask for bickering by saying the thread should be deleted....

joeroket

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I am just fed up- with the continous BS between some of the ones who frequent this forum. My protest, My right.
I couldn't agree more. If your requests get you banned from the forums, which I do not support, then there are bigger problems than the bickering and, I am sure, push a lot of users away.