Thread: ok hopefully finally applying for LTCH questions

Post imported post

well Ive been here for about a month now and have my IN Drivers license and established employment here since ive been here ( i transferred). I was told two things either the residency req is 90 days or as soon as i get my IN DL. Please tell me it is the latter of the two...... This BS restraining order i had in FL expires next week and im hoping to have my LTCH by x-mas. Keep in mind I was never arrested or charged with any crime, even though its basically brought on civily, they took my firearm rights from me as per state and federal law, even though i was never arrested or charged with anything, it was only good for one year so hopefully as of Nov 5th it will be null and void and shouldnt affect my application, which brings me to my next question..... does the form say "are you" or "have you ever" been under a court order? technically i can check off no if its "are you" I just dont want any snags, this has been bugging me for the last year as before that I was really into the GSSF matches and steel plate shoots and I need to get into it up here!!!! Ive had my father hold my guns and cant wait to have them back!! any info is appreciated!

Post imported post

IC 9-13-2-78
    Indiana resident

Sec. 78. "Indiana resident" refers to a person who is one (1) of the following:
    (1) A person who has been living in Indiana for at least one hundred eighty-three (183) days during a calendar year and who has a legal residence in another state. However, the term does not include a person who has been living in Indiana for any of the following purposes:
    (A) Attending a postsecondary educational institution.
    (B) Serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.
    (2) A person who is living in Indiana if the person has no other legal residence.

(3) A person who is registered to vote in Indiana.

(4) A person who has a child enrolled in an elementary or a secondary school located in Indiana.

(5) A person who has more than one-half (1/2) of the person's gross income (as defined in Section 61 of the Internal Revenue Code) derived from sources in Indiana using the provisions applicable to determining the source of adjusted gross income that are set forth in IC 6-3-2-2. However, a person who is considered a resident under this subdivision is not a resident if the person proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the person is not a resident under subdivisions (1) through (4).

(6) A person who:
    (A) is enrolled as a student of a truck driver training school;
    (B) has legal residence in another state but is living in Indiana temporarily for the express purpose of taking a course of study from the truck driver training school; and
    (C) intends to return to the person's state of residence upon completion of the course of study of the truck driver training school.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.188-2006, SEC.2; P.L.2-2007, SEC.139.

Post imported post

ok went right to the source (ISP)
    apparently its right when i have proof of residency (IE- IN DL), which i do
    and some states automatically show r/os are expired while others are a little far behind....hopefully with the millions in FL it is a more automated (hopefully so) so ill be calling them nov 6th to make sure im clear then its off to apply! ISP firearms lic division says currently 4-5 weeks so hopefully will be a great xmas present, wish me luck!

Post imported post

well im under number 2 then, which means as soon as i have proof here

they did say its usually 90 days for buying a gun i believe but for the purpose of a LTCH its as soon as I get my IN DL, and have bno other residence in another state which i dont