Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet up in oakland county

Post imported post

I mentioned before, I'm gonna be in Michigan for Christmas time. I won't be taking my pistol with me (I don't trust baggage handlers) but of course that doesn't stop me from wanting to meet up with you guys. The Coffee Beanery in Berkley invited us to come there, so I'd like to take them up on it. However, Venator said that he'd like to join us, so Brian, if you're available and can think of a place between there and lansing where we could split the difference, that would work too. Otherwise, as stated, I'm inviting anyone and everyone who is interested to meet up with me at the Coffee Beanery, located on 28557 Woodward Avenue, in Berkley, Michigan.

Hope to see yall then.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I mentioned before, I'm gonna be in Michigan for Christmas time. I won't be taking my pistol with me (I don't trust baggage handlers) but of course that doesn't stop me from wanting to meet up with you guys. The Coffee Beanery in Berkley invited us to come there, so I'd like to take them up on it. However, Venator said that he'd like to join us, so Brian, if you're available and can think of a place between there and lansing where we could split the difference, that would work too. Otherwise, as stated, I'm inviting anyone and everyone who is interested to meet up with me at the Coffee Beanery, located on 28557 Woodward Avenue, in Berkley, Michigan.

Hope to see yall then.
    What day are you thinking about? I may be with Family over the Holidays.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

sounds good

IN

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    It's in the title, December 21. Family does come first, that's why I'm visiting. So if the situation can be helped and we meet in between Lansing and Metro Detroit, I'm all for it. I'll take my brothers car, and hopefully drag him along too.

For you, (or mastiff, if he felt like coming out all way), I'll happily change the date, time and place. It's just that we were the first ones to meet up last year and it would be nice to see you guys again. Other than that, December 21, 1pm, in Berkley. (Although, if someone else wants to change the date so they can make it, it's not like it has to be a certain day for me)
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    It's in the title, December 21. Family does come first, that's why I'm visiting. So if the situation can be helped and we meet in between Lansing and Metro Detroit, I'm all for it. I'll take my brothers car, and hopefully drag him along too.

For you, (or mastiff, if he felt like coming out all way), I'll happily change the date, time and place. It's just that we were the first ones to meet up last year and it would be nice to see you guys again. Other than that, December 21, 1pm, in Berkley. (Although, if someone else wants to change the date so they can make it, it's not like it has to be a certain day for me)
    Duh!!!!I'm an idiot (but still good looking.). That date may be alright, it's before the family get-together. I'll try and make it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Sounds like a good winter-time activity! Bring a big suitcase, I'm going to be a stow-a-way back to Phoenix!! My MIL would be thrilled! (seriously, she would, she loves me!)

Post imported post

When you get a time and place set let Springer know so he can post on the events thread.

Post imported post

I've talked to one of the two owners of The Coffee Beanery (Greg) and he's logged the dates in his book, and he says "Let him know how many and he'll even set up a section for us".We're more than welcome to be there. Great coffee and sandwiches.

Post imported post

Do we want this to be an question and answer session? If so If someone can borrow a projector I have a power point talk I can give. Perhaps some libraries may have them for loan. Or we could meet at a local library and use their facilities for the session and then go to the cafe for food and beverages. Michigander are you the lead on this? Thoughts???

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Do we want this to be an question and answer session? If so If someone can borrow a projector I have a power point talk I can give. Perhaps some libraries may have them for loan. Or we could meet at a local library and use their facilities for the session and then go to the cafe for food and beverages. Michigander are you the lead on this? Thoughts???
    Well, I think I might be able to borrow a projector. If I can, and we want to use it, I'll most likely attend. I love cafe food anyway.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Well, I think I might be able to borrow a projector. If I can, and we want to use it, I'll most likely attend. I love cafe food anyway.
    Thant's encouraging. We have to hear from Michigander if he wants to have a large crowd and use it to educate or just to have a few OC friends meet and have lunch and BS a bit.

Post imported post

Draw as big of a crowd as you want and do whatever, I'm only telling you guys that I'll be there. As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)

Post imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
    Sounds like a good winter-time activity! Bring a big suitcase, I'm going to be a stow-a-way back to Phoenix!! My MIL would be thrilled! (seriously, she would, she loves me!)
    I was thinkin about how you said this yesterday as I was hiking in the White Tank Mountains, looking at some nice beautiful mountains covered in smog. You'd probably be happier going to Tucson.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    ...(yes I know I'm paranoid :?)
    Maybe you're not paranoid; maybe they really are after you!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Draw as big of a crowd as you want and do whatever, I'm only telling you guys that I'll be there. As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)
    'tis ok, I didn't wanna break my camera any way!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

I most likely will be visiting my family that weekend in Madison Heights. If I'm down there, I'll swing by.

-Rob

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)
    Also, consider atin-foil hattokeep your thoughts from being recorded/manipulated by the gummint or aliens.

It's not paranoia if they're reallyafter you.

"The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    Also, consider atin-foil hattokeep your thoughts from being recorded/manipulated by the gummint or aliens.

It's not paranoia if they're reallyafter you.

I think I recall a while ago actually seeing a study that said that a tin foil hat would actually protect your brain from excess radio frequencies.

Post imported post

Well guys and gals, I'm moving back to Michigan for a while for a number of reasons, probably for a year or a year and a half. I don't really want to, I've fallen in love with he South West and have every intention of going back as soon as it's feasible, but right now it's the most sensible option to head back to the damp, fridged flatness that is south east Michigan. I look forward to being not only at this event, but plenty of others.

Post imported post

Who: MOC and Michigander
    What: MOC get-together with possible OC talk.
    Where: The Coffee Beanery: 28557 Woodward Ave. Berkley, MI

When: Sunday December 21st, at 1:00 PM
    Why: Visit, and share information and stories on OC and other firearm related issues.

I may give a presentation on OC if we can get a projector. Otherwise we will have handouts available and we will have members there to answer any OC questions. Come and meet new and old friends and have a coffee and a meal. Hope to see you there.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42....ey%252C%2520MI

Post imported post

I'd venture to say that you could do a presentation without a projector. Handouts alone, even just a page or 2, could be enough information for a basic presentation. After that, a question and answer session could clear up any lingering confusion.

I'd love it if we had a projector, but it might be best to wait a while. Them suckers are pricey. :shock:

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Most places now-a-days have TV's and most computers have video-out.... whats the issue?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Most places now-a-days have TV's and most computers have video-out.... whats the issue?
    That may work. What connections would I need?

A screen is just bigger and easier to see from the back row and we can project it on the wall. Interesting though, I'll look into it.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    dougwg wrote:

A screen is just bigger and easier to see from the back row and we can project it on the wall. Interesting though, I'll look into it.
    It might work assuming the TV has the right inputs (or the laptop has the right outputs, but that's less likely I think). Problem with most TV's, at least older ones, is you'll really only get like 640x480 resolution through them. I think it would do the job, it just might not be that pretty.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    dougwg wrote:

It might work assuming the TV has the right inputs (or the laptop has the right outputs, but that's less likely I think). Problem with most TV's, at least older ones, is you'll really only get like 640x480 resolution through them. I think it would do the job, it just might not be that pretty.
    Well then get me a projector

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast