• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up in oakland county

Michigander

imported post

I'd venture to say that you could do a presentation without a projector. Handouts alone, even just a page or 2, could be enough information for a basic presentation. After that, a question and answer session could clear up any lingering confusion.

I'd love it if we had a projector, but it might be best to wait a while. Them suckers are pricey. :shock:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Most places now-a-days have TV's and most computers have video-out.... whats the issue?

That may work. What connections would I need?

A screen is just bigger and easier to see from the back row and we can project it on the wall. Interesting though, I'll look into it.

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Most places now-a-days have TV's and most computers have video-out.... whats the issue?

A screen is just bigger and easier to see from the back row and we can project it on the wall. Interesting though, I'll look into it.
It might work assuming the TV has the right inputs (or the laptop has the right outputs, but that's less likely I think). Problem with most TV's, at least older ones, is you'll really only get like 640x480 resolution through them. I think it would do the job, it just might not be that pretty.

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:

It might work assuming the TV has the right inputs (or the laptop has the right outputs, but that's less likely I think). Problem with most TV's, at least older ones, is you'll really only get like 640x480 resolution through them. I think it would do the job, it just might not be that pretty.
Well then get me a projector;)

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:

I'll work on it. The place isn't big enough to need a PA is it? Or does it have one?

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:

I'll work on it. The place isn't big enough to need a PA is it? Or does it have one?
Michiganger said it was similar to the Monroe cafe. They have a small stage and sound system so I think we are covered there.

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
Michiganger said it was similar to the Monroe cafe. They have a small stage and sound system so I think we are covered there.

OK, I have a projector. I'll try to borrow a screen too, so we don't have to try to find a big white wall. Whatever laptop we use, we just need to make sure it has at least a VGA output.

Oh, by the way, I can only use the projector if it won't be smoky... I'm assuming the cafe is smoke-free?

taxwhat

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:

OK, I have a projector. I'll try to borrow a screen too, so we don't have to try to find a big white wall. Whatever laptop we use, we just need to make sure it has at least a VGA output.

Oh, by the way, I can only use the projector if it won't be smoky... I'm assuming the cafe is smoke-free?
Big White Sheet ?

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:

We can use the back of our banner for a screen, it should work well.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:

Using back of banner prevents viewing same..05mill

SQLtables

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:

Using back of banner prevents viewing same..05mill
Well, it would work, and we can turn it over when we're done with the presentation. I'll see about a screen, and if I can't get one, we'll definitely use the banner.

Michigander

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Nooblet to the group but very interetsed and am going to try and attend.

No such things as noobies around here. I like to think that all fellow Michigan gun owners who haven't been around here before are merely unmet friends. :cool:

About the meeting, I should finally be able to go and scope the place out tomorrow, talk to the owner, and get back to ya'll with some info.

Venator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
Nooblet to the group but very interetsed and am going to try and attend.

No such things as noobies around here. I like to think that all fellow Michigan gun owners who haven't been around here before are merely unmet friends. :cool:

About the meeting, I should finally be able to go and scope the place out tomorrow, talk to the owner, and get back to ya'll with some info.
PM with details. I have put together a press release and need a contact name and number.

Michigander

imported post

It's a nice place, that Coffee Beanery. Had the pleasure of meeting Nervisrek when I visited earlier tonight. :)

Plenty of parking space, although if it's crowded they ask that people park on the street and walk a ways if they are going to be there a while. But since it will be sunday, it shouldn't matter so much. Between the rather large parking lot and street parking space, it won't be a problem. There is also lots of space inside. We will need to bring some sort of screen to go with the projector, but they do have a sound system. It will be easy to have an audience of as many as 80 people viewing the projector screen in the back area.

Great food too. Compared to some other coffee places I've been to, I think they have better tasting food and drinks for less money. When in the area I will be making more visits.

I told Greg that I would call him a few days ahead of time to give him an idea of how many people will go for sure, so anyone who plans on going who hasn't already said so, please post. Granted if they give us a news article promoing the event we will have no idea, but it would still be nice to try and fabricate a good estimate so Greg can reserve us a proper amount of space.