• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up in oakland county

Michigander

imported post

I mentioned before, I'm gonna be in Michigan for Christmas time. I won't be taking my pistol with me (I don't trust baggage handlers) but of course that doesn't stop me from wanting to meet up with you guys. The Coffee Beanery in Berkley invited us to come there, so I'd like to take them up on it. However, Venator said that he'd like to join us, so Brian, if you're available and can think of a place between there and lansing where we could split the difference, that would work too. Otherwise, as stated, I'm inviting anyone and everyone who is interested to meet up with me at the Coffee Beanery, located on 28557 Woodward Avenue, in Berkley, Michigan.

Hope to see yall then. :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I mentioned before, I'm gonna be in Michigan for Christmas time. I won't be taking my pistol with me (I don't trust baggage handlers) but of course that doesn't stop me from wanting to meet up with you guys. The Coffee Beanery in Berkley invited us to come there, so I'd like to take them up on it. However, Venator said that he'd like to join us, so Brian, if you're available and can think of a place between there and lansing where we could split the difference, that would work too. Otherwise, as stated, I'm inviting anyone and everyone who is interested to meet up with me at the Coffee Beanery, located on 28557 Woodward Avenue, in Berkley, Michigan.

Hope to see yall then. :)
What day are you thinking about? I may be with Family over the Holidays.

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
It's in the title, December 21. ;) Family does come first, that's why I'm visiting. So if the situation can be helped and we meet in between Lansing and Metro Detroit, I'm all for it. I'll take my brothers car, and hopefully drag him along too.:D

For you, (or mastiff, if he felt like coming out all way), I'll happily change the date, time and place. It's just that we were the first ones to meet up last year and it would be nice to see you guys again. Other than that, December 21, 1pm, in Berkley. (Although, if someone else wants to change the date so they can make it, it's not like it has to be a certain day for me)

Venator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:
It's in the title, December 21. ;) Family does come first, that's why I'm visiting. So if the situation can be helped and we meet in between Lansing and Metro Detroit, I'm all for it. I'll take my brothers car, and hopefully drag him along too.:D

For you, (or mastiff, if he felt like coming out all way), I'll happily change the date, time and place. It's just that we were the first ones to meet up last year and it would be nice to see you guys again. Other than that, December 21, 1pm, in Berkley. (Although, if someone else wants to change the date so they can make it, it's not like it has to be a certain day for me)
Duh!!!!:banghead:I'm an idiot (but still good looking.). That date may be alright, it's before the family get-together. I'll try and make it.

MrsRuger45

imported post

Sounds like a good winter-time activity! Bring a big suitcase, I'm going to be a stow-a-way back to Phoenix!! My MIL would be thrilled! :D (seriously, she would, she loves me!)

NervisRek

imported post

I've talked to one of the two owners of The Coffee Beanery (Greg) and he's logged the dates in his book, and he says "Let him know how many and he'll even set up a section for us".We're more than welcome to be there. Great coffee and sandwiches.

Venator

imported post

Do we want this to be an question and answer session? If so If someone can borrow a projector I have a power point talk I can give. Perhaps some libraries may have them for loan. Or we could meet at a local library and use their facilities for the session and then go to the cafe for food and beverages. Michigander are you the lead on this? Thoughts???

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
Do we want this to be an question and answer session? If so If someone can borrow a projector I have a power point talk I can give. Perhaps some libraries may have them for loan. Or we could meet at a local library and use their facilities for the session and then go to the cafe for food and beverages. Michigander are you the lead on this? Thoughts???
Well, I think I might be able to borrow a projector. If I can, and we want to use it, I'll most likely attend. I love cafe food anyway. :)

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
Well, I think I might be able to borrow a projector. If I can, and we want to use it, I'll most likely attend. I love cafe food anyway. :)
Thant's encouraging. We have to hear from Michigander if he wants to have a large crowd and use it to educate or just to have a few OC friends meet and have lunch and BS a bit.

Michigander

imported post

Draw as big of a crowd as you want and do whatever, I'm only telling you guys that I'll be there. As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)

Michigander

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
Sounds like a good winter-time activity! Bring a big suitcase, I'm going to be a stow-a-way back to Phoenix!! My MIL would be thrilled! :D (seriously, she would, she loves me!)
I was thinkin about how you said this yesterday as I was hiking in the White Tank Mountains, looking at some nice beautiful mountains covered in smog. You'd probably be happier going to Tucson. ;)

MrsRuger45

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Draw as big of a crowd as you want and do whatever, I'm only telling you guys that I'll be there. As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)
'tis ok, I didn't wanna break my camera any way!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! :cool:

DanM

imported post

Michigander wrote:
As most here know, my only stipulation is that I don't want to be photographed, or have my name publicly recorded. (yes I know I'm paranoid :?)
Also, consider atin-foil hattokeep your thoughts from being recorded/manipulated by the gummint or aliens.

It's not paranoia if they're reallyafter you.

:)

Michigander

imported post

DanM wrote:
Also, consider atin-foil hattokeep your thoughts from being recorded/manipulated by the gummint or aliens.

It's not paranoia if they're reallyafter you.

:)

I think I recall a while ago actually seeing a study that said that a tin foil hat would actually protect your brain from excess radio frequencies. :lol:

Michigander

imported post

Well guys and gals, I'm moving back to Michigan for a while for a number of reasons, probably for a year or a year and a half. I don't really want to, I've fallen in love with he South West and have every intention of going back as soon as it's feasible, but right now it's the most sensible option to head back to the damp, fridged flatness that is south east Michigan. I look forward to being not only at this event, but plenty of others. :)

Venator

imported post

Who: MOC and Michigander
What: MOC get-together with possible OC talk.
Where: The Coffee Beanery: 28557 Woodward Ave. Berkley, MI

When: Sunday December 21[suP]st[/suP], at 1:00 PM
Why: Visit, and share information and stories on OC and other firearm related issues.

I may give a presentation on OC if we can get a projector. Otherwise we will have handouts available and we will have members there to answer any OC questions. Come and meet new and old friends and have a coffee and a meal. Hope to see you there.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42.498844&lon=-83.168227&mag=13&zoom=16&q1=28557%2520Woodward%2520Ave.%2520Berkley%252C%2520MI