• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up in oakland county

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Looks like we may have okay weather on Sunday. If you plan on coming, why not bring a couple of friends that are interested in OC. Let's have a decent crowd on hand.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
Looks like we may have okay weather on Sunday. If you plan on coming, why not bring a couple of friends that are interested in OC. Let's have a decent crowd on hand.
Please share info on road conditions where each member drives as that all news station have stated Woodward was only a two track and unable to enter or exit same .

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I have yet to drive today, but from my front window, Flint roads seem to be in good condition. They've plowed my road FIVE TIMES since it quit snowing.:? As to Woodward, my 13 thousand dollar Cherokee whizzed past a countless number of 60 thousand dollar road blockages yesterday! :celebrate

taxwhat

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
I have yet to drive today, but from my front window, Flint roads seem to be in good condition. They've plowed my road FIVE TIMES since it quit snowing.:? As to Woodward, my 13 thousand dollar Cherokee whizzed past a countless number of 60 thousand dollar road blockages yesterday! :celebrate
Not to be humorous ,many side roads are blocked by delivery and personal autos. Driver that will remain unnamed stated his last 16 hr shift after snow emergency was declared two days earlier burred more than one hundred autos in Wayne county on main drags . These are six lane with center left turn that as of two hrs ago are and will remain until Monday pm no overtime the same two trackers .:question::uhoh:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I worked in Birmingham yesterday, and saw the chaos. I don't mean to be fecetious about the stuck people... I helped several people on the way home yesterday. One actually required the use of a tow strap. Am I to understand that those 6 lane two-tracks will remain unplowed until Monday? That sucks.

Michigander

imported post

I was driving around yesterday in my friend's Focus. The only way I could get around without getting stuck in the side streets was to ignore stop signs and do hand brake turns. But it was FUN!!!

They do have woodward pretty well cleared off today though.

taxwhat

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
I worked in Birmingham yesterday, and saw the chaos. I don't mean to be facetious about the stuck people... I helped several people on the way home yesterday. One actually required the use of a tow strap. Am I to understand that those 6 lane two-tracks will remain unplowed until Monday? That sucks.
Yes ! Wayne , Oakland Monroe and Washtenaw will not plow ANY overtime other than I75,us23.I275.I94, I696 ,I96 ,I375 ,us24 but then you can not enter or exit due to road blockage from main plowing .

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Thx for the spellcheck, Taxwhat. (facetious vs fecetious) I hate bad spelling. Michigander, my e-brake doesn't work well, so I can't have that kind of fun. I envy you!

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just drove from Ann Arbor to Howell on 14, 23, and 96 without issue. Side roads aren't bad at all. Roads are generally clear, aside from a few off-the-beaten-path roads.

Michigander

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
pmcqueen37 wrote:
Count Me in I'll bring My dell lap top and my wife +1, sorry its not a MAC
The wife's family holiday get together got postponed from today until tomorrow, so I'll have to catch the next event.:X
No worries. You have no need to catch the next one when you can go ahead and schedule your own. :cool:

taxwhat

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
Please share info on road conditions where each member drives as that all news station have stated Woodward was only a two track and unable to enter or exit same .
Detroit newscasters saying I=696 from I-275 to I=75 ALL black ice ,a collision shops dream or insurance nightmare .0645 am to 0720 am ,I-75 not much better Macomb side streets most still not plowed.

taxwhat

imported post

MSPbannerlogo_2167_7.jpg
AGYHeaderRight_35090_7.jpg

[align=center][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Michigan.gov[/font][/align]

[align=center]Roads & Weather Information for Southeastern Lower Michigan
Last Updated:12/21/2008 3:02:47 AM- by the Second District Regional Dispatch Center, Detroit, Michigan[/align]

[align=center]Or visit the AAA Traffic Report @ http://www.autoclubgroup.com/michigan/autos/traffic_report.asp. [/align]

Special Notice:
Roads are still very slippery. Both Wayne County and the north end of Oakland County are experiencing quite a few accidents. Watch for black ice.

[size=-4][/size]

http://www.ohsp.state.mi.us/rw/rwrpt.asp?ref=2

Return to the Winter Travel Advisory Home Page

[align=center][/align]

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

What's the plan are we still going to meet? I will give it a try if others will be there. I plan on leaving earlier than I was going to yesterday.

Michigander

imported post

PLEASE don't anyone go out of your way if you're not real comfortable with the driving conditions. It isn't worth an accident.

It's not exactly hard to plan future meetings, and I'm sure that they wouldn't mind repeat business if we come back later. ;)

I'm still of course going to be there. I'll try to be there half an hour or so early. I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it. :)