• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hallowed Halloween

PFC Helms

imported post

Is anybody planning on OCing as apart of their halloween costume mostily interested in long guns such ans AR/AK 12ga or anything just thought it would be an interesting discussion

PT111

imported post

As tense as thing are on Halloween to start with I think it would be a bad idea to add anything to it. Some may think it is a toy and try to take it or just cause problems. Just saying I don't think I would, sort of like adding fuel to a fire.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Several years ago, I got off work and headed for the local bar in Archer Fl. I didn't get off from the dairy I was working at until after dark nad the last thing I had to do was put up the horse that I had been riding for the biggest part of the afternoon and evening. I had forgotten that it was Halloween, so here I go, wlaking into the bar with my chaps, spurs, and slicker. Ran into a friend who was a Cival War re-enactor (his groupd participated in teh make of the mini-series "North and South") and he was sporting his full confederate infantry uniform complete with rifle. We closed that bar and headed for Gainesville. He took that old forntloader right into the bar and no body gave him grief about it. They thought both our "get-ups" were cool as hell.

v8shoguy

imported post

I carried the same as I always do... Only person that seemed to notice tonight was the night manager at Taco Bell. He asked where I got my permit. I told him that OC is legal in Ohio without a permit as long as there is nothing preventing you from legally owning or possessing firearms. He said something about "as long as it's registered," I made sure to let him know that Ohio doesn't require registration of firearms OR owners. I wasn't in costume.

Edit:

Wednesday I had a party to go to, I stopped by McDonald's before arriving. Kid behind the counter asked "Are you a cop?" I responded no, nothing more was said. Transaction went as normal. I had blue hair at the time and it was fairly evident that it was not part of my costume.

M

mdgary

imported post

Did anyone dress up asa police officer ?

I saw a little kid that had on a police uniform but did not get arrested. wander why?

After all he was impersonating a police officer...