Thread: Great Encounter with KCSO

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I was involved in a fender bender today, and the police were called in so we could properly report the accident. Here in Burien the police and Sheriff's office work hand in hand, so we had one deputy and one police on hand, with the deputy arriving first. I was CCing because of the weather. Our conversation went something like this.

Me (with hands out to either side away from the body): "I just want to let you know that I have a CPL and I'm carrying."

Deputy Christian: "Thank you. Can you move the car?"

The rest of our encounter involved getting the debris, and the car out of the street. Nothing else was said about the gun. He didn't even ask to see ID or my CPL.

This is the way every encounter should go.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    I was involved in a fender bender today, and the police were called in so we could properly report the accident. Here in Burien the police and Sheriff's office work hand in hand, so we had one deputy and one police on hand, with the deputy arriving first. I was CCing because of the weather. Our conversation went something like this.

Me (with hands out to either side away from the body): "I just want to let you know that I have a CPL and I'm carrying."

Deputy Christian: "Thank you. Can you move the car?"

The rest of our encounter involved getting the debris, and the car out of the street. Nothing else was said about the gun. He didn't even ask to see ID or my CPL.

This is the way every encounter should go.

Bookman,

Very nice.

Post imported post

Sounds good. I've heard a lot of good things about KCSO in regards to citizens and firearms. They're doing a great job of knocking down that "us-vs-them" wall.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

Actually, KCSO is the Burien Police. Burien contracts with KCSO for police services. Burien PD officers are KCSO Deputies who have applied and been assigned to work in the city of Burien.

Glad it went well, always nicer to get a compliment than a complaint...

Post imported post

Kudos to the LEO for making no issue of it.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Oddly, this was the same deputy who took the report about the the former resident who threatened me over the phone. I guess he understood one of the reasons I carry.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson