Thread: Big Reno (Gun) Show - Nov 21-23 at Grand Sierra Resort in Reno NV

Post imported post

I'll be there, we should start planning a meet-up now, that's only three weeks from tomorrow.

Post imported post

I hope to be there too. Probably Saturday.

Post imported post

I have to referee some ice hockey in Boise on Saturday, but I will be there on Sunday!

Post imported post

I am coming up from Sacramento Saturday as long as the weather stays good. I plan to OC whileoutside the show, but I am pretty sure I can't while in the show. I am going to stay the night in carson and go out to dinner with some family.

Post imported post

We'll be arriving at the Grand Sierra sometime Wednesday afternoon or early evening and will be around through Sunday...

I'll be open or concealed carrying depending on where I am and what I'm wearing. PM me if you want to meet up Saturday.

Post imported post

wayneco wrote:
    We'll be arriving at the Grand Sierra sometime Wednesday afternoon or early evening and will be around through Sunday...

I'll be open or concealed carrying depending on where I am and what I'm wearing. PM me if you want to meet up Saturday.
    Hi Wayne! I'll be there Friday morning. I'm bringing my Colt Peacekeeper in to give to Gene Shuey to work over. If anybody needs trigger work done, Gene is one of the very best. He usually works alone so it may take a while to get the gun back, but it's worth the wait. He just worked over a S&W 65-6 for me that I had bought and then found out the gun had been abused by flinging the cylinder shut along with fanning the trigger. Now the gun works better than new with the best trigger I've ever felt on a gun. Stop by his booth and say 'Hi'...he's a really nice guy and one of the best gunsmiths going.

Post imported post

I'll be there Saturday. But not sure what time I'll be available as I have a meeting to attend.

Perhaps we could designate a place to meet??

Post imported post

My wife and I will be there Saturday as well.

We are total noobs, however, so this shold be fun.

Post imported post

I was there at opening this morning. It was absolutely packed! More people on a weekday morning that I typically see on Saturday afternoons. It was incredible. I was there for ammo and magazines. by the time I left, both major ammo vendors were completely swamped, and most vendors were already selling out of hi-cap mags for popular guns. I got the last two XD-9 16rnd magazines one vendor had, and he was starting to run low on the XD-45 and AR15 mags I also purchased. Get there early, or you may find you're too late.

Post imported post

What time does it open, and where in the GSR is it?

Benjie :þ ♫ ♪

Post imported post

Anyone there today (Saturday)??

Geez, I've never seen it so crowded.

To say that ammo sales were "brisk" would be a world class understatement. The shelves were nearly bare. I heard they sold record amounts on Friday also. They said they were bringing more ammo in for Sunday, but were not sure if they could have sufficient quantities of the popular stuff.

Ammo makers can thank Barrack Hussein Obama. People are (wisely) stocking up!

Black rifles prices appeared (to me) significantly higher too.

Post imported post

terdsie wrote:
    What time does it open, and where in the GSR is it?

It was 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fri and Sat.

Tomorrow (Sunday) it will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Ya can't miss it. Just follow the crowd! (Or ask someone when you walk in the door.)

Post imported post

We went there today, and it was really crowded (duh).

We weren't sure where it was, so we asked the first guy that we saw that had a gun. He gave us pretty straight forward directions, and we found it really easily. The bummer was that it was $10 a ticket and they couldn't take plastic. We had to go find an ATM (because the one right near the door was empty!), and go all the way back and get two tickets.

So, after unloading $23, we went inside and were met with a HUGE crowd! Neither of us had ever been to one of these so it was a pretty interesting experience. There weren't as many handguns as I had hoped, but I guess these things mainly cater to rifle and shotgun owners and buyers.

All in all, it was really neat.We didn't buy anything, but it as fun, none-the-less.

The prices were better at Scheels, though. We priced our chosen guns there and at Mark Fore and Strike. Scheels was way better.

Post imported post

Glad you enjoyed it, Terdsie.

In the years I've been going to the Big Reno Show, yesterday was the most people I've EVER seen there. I reckon thanks go to Barrack Hussein Obama. Someone said it was definitely the most people since 9/11/01.

Fallon, eh? You might want to check out your local Fallon club, Stillwater Firearms Ass'n. http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org