Thread: CPL in Ottawa County

Post imported post

This might be a topic already discussed but what types of questions do they ask when I go for my CPL in front of the gun board?

And why the heck was it set in Grand Haven if I applied in Holland?

Thanks

Anywho else have a corky stories about their gun board review?

Are there any stories from the Michigan site about people having to un-holster their firearm as trouble was beginning or actually have to fire it?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
    This might be a topic already discussed but what types of questions do they ask when I go for my CPL in front of the gun board?

Thanks
    I wasn't asked anything. Generally it's an opportunity for the board to meet you and answer questions you may have as a group. They will explain some of the law as a reminder. Some people were single out and were asked for some clarification but generally it's smooth sailing at that point.

Generally the board meets at the courthouse or other government building in the county seat.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

custom.45acp wrote:

Thanks
    Everybody that went in front of the gunboard in Saginaw county when I got my CPL was asked why they wanted a CPL (you do not need any answer other than "because") we also had to list 3 or 4 of the places off-limits to concealed carry.

Post imported post

When I got mine they asked the same questions that are on the application, felonies, mental status, etc. No big deal. When your done with the gun board you can walk up to the clerks office and walk out with your cpl.

Post imported post

ght1098

I see you're from Grand Haven, where is the court house? I just moved to Holland a few years ago from that Great Gun State of Illinois and I'm not really fimilar with my surroundings just quite yet.

Thanks

Post imported post

414 Washington, google it for an overhead view which will give you a good idea of what I'm trying to convey.

You will have to enter off of 4th street due to all of the construction on the new court house. You can park in the lot to the South of the building across Franklin St or if there is room, people have been using the post office lot to the West across 4th St.

Don't bring any knives, weapons, etc. they have a metal detector at the door and won't let you in.

Post imported post

Gun board this week in Ottawa County, any last suggestions or comments?

Can I load in the car and then start carrying? (after I have my license, that is.)
    :what: :celebrate

Post imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
    Gun board this week in Ottawa County, any last suggestions or comments?

Can I load in the car and then start carrying? (after I have my license, that is.)
    :what: :celebrate

My gun was cased and locked and sitting in the car while I met with the board. once I left with CPL in hand, I unlocked case, loaded mag, inserted mag, stuck pistol in my holster, put holster on hip and drove away.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    My gun was cased and locked and sitting in the car while I met with the board. once I left with CPL in hand, I unlocked case, loaded mag, inserted mag, stuck pistol in my holster, put holster on hip and drove away.
    You did this while sitting in your car outside the Court House/Police Department? WOW! Did you stop and walk around town to do a little OCing while you were there?

Thanks for the advice.

Post imported post

Today's the big day. I go before the board. Coming from Illinois, this is a big step in the right direction, finally able to protect myself and my family anywhere I/we go.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Good luck!