• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA-ALERT: URGENT: U.S. Senate Race Information!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are four candidates running for United States Senator for Virginia. Two have returned the VCDL Federal Candidate Survey and two have not. It's extremely important that ALL candidates return the survey so that voters are aware of the candidates' positions on gun issues.

The VCDL Federal Candidate Survey: www.vcdl.org/surveys/fs2008.html

--

Governor Jim Gilmore (Republican) DID take the time to answer the VCDL candidate survey and responded 100% in support of the rights of gun owners!

In addition, Governor Gilmore has highlighted the "2nd Amendment" on his official campaign website

http://www.jimgilmoreforsenate.com/?q=issues

He has been engaging citizens on the right to self defense since the beginning of his campaign in a very open and public manner. Governor Gilmore has publicly supported repealing the oppressive National Park ban and has publicly supported VCDL's position fighting the "gun show loophole" proposals we defeated in this year's General Assembly battle.

Please call Governor Jim Gilmore at (703) 504-904 info@jimgilmoreforsenate.com and thank him for his support for your gun rights.

--

Also returning his survey was William B. Redpath (Libertarian). Although he answered most of the questions pro-gun, it's alarming that among his anti-gun answers, he would:

-- NOT oppose closing the non-existent "gun show loophole"
-- NOT oppose an "assault weapons ban"
-- NOT oppose banning .50 caliber firearms

Mr. Redpath's web site does not talk about guns:

http://www.redpath2008.com/issues.htm

Please call William Redpath at 703-864-2132 and urge him to reconsider his positions on the above issues.

--

Governor Mark Warner (Democrat) has refused to answer the VCDL candidate survey. Is he hiding something?

Although Governor Warner signed all of the positive gun bills that went to him, the complete absence of any comment on the rights of gun owners on his web site is a telling sign that the anti-gun extremists in his party have his attention.

Please call Governor Warner at (703) 740-5100 and urge him to answer the VCDL candidate survey and take a public stand on your gun rights. Ask him why he doesn't have even one comment or position statement on his official campaign website regarding your right to keep and bear arms:

http://www.markwarner2008.com/issues

--

Finally, candidate Glenda Gail Parker (Independent Green) has NOT returned the survey either. Her web site does not mention her position on guns:

http://www.gailparker.us/html/program.html

Call Ms. Parker at 703-960-5602 and urge her to answer the VCDL survey.

--

Some candidates may say they've already filled out the NRA survey. That's good, but not good enough. People want to know how candidates stand on specific issues, not just a letter grade that has been distilled down from responses to the 27 question NRA survey.

Any candidate who is afraid to take a public stand on these issues before the election is unlikely to be very responsive to your views after the election. There is NO reason NOT to answer the VCDL survey!

Let's Roll VCDL!

longwatch

imported post

I'm really surprised at the results, particularly in what is William Redpath's deal. How and could someone with those views get the nomination. No chance I'm voting for him.

longwatch

imported post

It is interesting that the NRA in order to keep their percentage of endorsements to victorys up, won't endorse Gilmore who is a NRA Board Member. One never really knows what an NRA A rating means.

longwatch

imported post

I doubt that's the reason. The NRA would have been sunk long ago it that was true so lets not make shit up.

hsmith

imported post

I think Thundar had a response from Redpath that was less than "stellar" on one gun control issue...

I like Warner and don't think he is that bad, but I will be voting the Republican ticket in hopes for a divided congress since it seems Obama is all but a landslide.

Ron Paul 2008!

Thundar

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I'm really surprised at the results, particularly in what is William Redpath's deal. How and could someone with those views get the nomination. No chance I'm voting for him.

I was shocked when I saw the GOA give Redpath a D. Again the GOA was right. Redpath would allow us to be further repressed. I just do not know how somebody that advocates further government interefence with personal property rights could get the Libertarian nomination.

What kind of state do we live in where the Democrat is more pro gun than the Libertarian?

hsmith

imported post

Thundar wrote:
longwatch wrote:

I was shocked when I saw the GOA give Redpath a D. Again the GOA was right. Redpath would allow us to be further repressed. I just do not know how somebody that advocates further government interefence with personal property rights could get the Libertarian nomination.

What kind of state do we live in where the Democrat is more pro gun than the Libertarian?
Because the Libertarian party has been filled with big government and pro war shills.

It is a shell of its former self.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glenda Gail Parker has no opinion on any issue other than rail. She runs for every office that becomes vacant, whether or not it is an office in which it would be appropriate for her to press her cause for rail down Rte 1.

When I have spoken to her, face-to-face and on my front porch, she could not articulate any reason for running for ANY office other than "we need rail down US-1".

So while I contacted the others, I ignored her.