• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA soccer mom LTCF revocation hearing transcript now available

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
I have all the pages. I am sure I sent them all to insanekangaroo. Maybe he missed them when putting them together? I need to check with him but have not caught up with him online. However, there are still inaccuracies as far as the actual text. I highly doubt anyone is going to care what I say about the inaccuracies though. They will probably just tell me to go pound sand.
I think your "pound sand" message was much more clearly articulated than theirs. :lol:

You weighed in with a lot more sand than the lot of them.

Won the big one and that's what counts!

Yata hey

david.ross

imported post

*roos*

Someone didn't send me the complete set. I checked the word documents you sent to me with embedded images and those pages are in fact, missing.

*curls up in a ball*

shefearsnothing

imported post

I sent them to you last night. Hey, it was LATE when we did that (here in Pa anyway) AND I'm blonde. What do ya want? :lol:

david.ross

imported post

The PDF has been updated with the missing pages.
I've performed an OCR scan of the PDF, so now the PDF is searchable.

Have a nice day! =3

DanM

imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
However, there are still inaccuracies as far as the actual text. I highly doubt anyone is going to care what I say about the inaccuracies though.

I think trivial inaccuracies and omissionsaren't important, but substantive ones are and I think it is important to the public record being consumed here that we get as accurate a picture of the substantive court discourse as possible.

Would youpublish an edited version of this transcript, with your corrections in the style of "strike-through deletions and bold-face additions" please?

For example:

Original transcript: "The rainfalls only on the coast." If the speaker actually said, "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" then:

The rain in Spain falls only on the coast mainly on the plain. (Due to the limitations of this text editor, the area in italics and underlined is meant to represent normal text with strike-through mark.)

Again, just substantive corrections are important.

shefearsnothing

imported post

I will try and work on that over the weekend. I was going to type them up when I first got the transcript but a friend told me that if I was posting it on the internet that I had better not alter the actual transcript. Now that you have all seen what is really there I guess it would be ok. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
I will try and work on that over the weekend. I was going to type them up when I first got the transcript but a friend told me that if I was posting it on the internet that I had better not alter the actual transcript. Now that you have all seen what is really there I guess it would be ok. :)
You will be annotating it, not altering it and claiming it is original. I do not see a problem except for the time involved.

Yata hey

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The original few links to the transcripts do not produce anything. If anyone has a working link could you please provide it, and if someone has it but not spce to host the files, I'd be glad to host it on one of my sites.

-northofnowhere

david.ross

imported post

oops ^_^

I was adding more customers to the server made a small accident overriding the specific vhost with another. I'll fix the problem right away.

shefearsnothing

imported post

Sorry, I didn't forget about this but I didn't get to it this weekend. My step daughter was here, we had a lot of running around to do, and my interview on Lynn Doyle was rescheduled for this week so I have been crazy busy. :what:Just wanted to let you know, I will get to the notations....I didn't forget. :)

shefearsnothing

imported post

Yep, I do have a personal life. Now if those damn people from It's Your Call would STOP changing the date of my interview!! It has now been moved to Wednesday! :banghead: (My life ceased to be very personal once I had kids and even more so after the newspaper got ahold of me. :lol:)

Here are some things I took note of being incorrect as I had time to go over the transcript a little earlier tonight. I have a headache so it was a quick look over for the things that I remember really sticking out to me when I first read over it. I also noted a lie or ten that Charlie told just because I know not everyone here heard my account of what really happened when everything started....

On page 6 where Charlie Jones is testifying….

Lines 15/16 I just want to clarify that although this was his testimony that is NOT how the conversation with him went. I did use the seatbelt analogy in our conversation but I didn’t say anything about my telling someone to wear theirs. He made me sound like a total smartass.

Lines 19-21 he is wrong again. I gave him the flyer as soon as he questioned whether or not I was allowed to be in the park with a firearm. HE didn’t want to take it from me and I had to all but stuff it in his pants to get him to take one. I didn’t dig through anything. I had them laying right in the bottom of my daughter’s stroller.

And what I really said to him before I agreed to walk to the other side was that I was finished with my photos and video and had no trouble moving. Again, I was not being the smartass he was making me out to be. The transcript is correct about his portrayal though.

On Page 7

Lines 2-4 are correct as per his testimony but that’s absolute perjury as we spoke after the game. That is when he got pissed off because I kept telling him I wasn’t looking to shoot any of the parents (an assumption he had) and he repeatedly screamed at me “I carry a gun to shoot people!!” Implying that he walks around to hunt them and therefore I must be doing the same.

Page 29

Line 1 He did not say that he doesn’t follow the question. This is where he said “I don’t understand the question.”

Page 37

Line 25….obviously I did not say my firearm had to be straight up I said it had to be PULLED straight up to be removed from the holster. The next sentence that runs onto page 38 is all wrong as well. The way the stenographer has it makes it sound like I’m saying you have to remove the entire holster to get the firearm if you want to use it. *sigh* I said that if someone was thinking they were going to take my firearm from me they would have to get the entire holster off my pants and to do that would require actually ripping my pants because of the way it clips to my pants.

Page 39

Lines 1 and 2..question asked by my attorney. He only asked if there was a way anyone could cut the holster off of me which is why my response was not unless you could cut through kydex.

Also page 39

Line 15 I said nothing about being “up and down with my infant”. I said that “I am taking care of her” during the game. I would never say that I am “up and down” with her because I don’t take a chair out to the field and do not sit in the grass. Sitting lowers my situational awareness and ability to turn full circle and view everything that is going on in all areas of the park without randomly standing up and turning around and looking a little odd myself.

Page 40

Line 15…I said that I wasn’t sure if there were 4 year olds ON her team.

Page 42

Starting with line 13… I said “The license does allow me to conceal. It allows me to conceal in my vehicle. This is important if I want to carry openly on my person once I reach my destination because the way the law is written I am not allowed to transport it as I would if I were going to the range, then load it and put it on my person and openly carry it on my person. I can’t do that. I need the license to travel with it in my vehicle except to and from the range. The license is not just for concealing on my person.” That makes it accurate up through line 17.

Still on page 42 but running into page 43

Line 25…judge talking to me. What he really said was “don’t talk to me about the law right now. We’re just talking about why you didn’t conceal. I know what the law says and we’re not talking about that for a minute.” (I have NO idea WTH the stenographer got what she has there though!!!)

That is all he said up to “you have a 5 year old’s soccer game….

Line 13. I did not call it “imprints”. I said “from the printing it would have been very obvious.”

Page 44

Line 3 COMETELY WRONG! I did not say anything about the law specifying limitations! I said “Criminals don’t know any limitations” and started to say that they don’t work just Monday-Friday and don’t just hit banks and gas stations but he cut me off…

And he did not say “I asked you” when he cut me off either. He said “we are not talking about that.”

I went to finish answering him (picking up where I left off…not with “but the law”) and then he cut me off again with the next line (line 6)

Page 45

Line 7 I said that there are sometimes places I need to stop on the way to or from the games.

Lines 13 and 14 I said “If I am drawing a firearm I’m using it as an absolute last resort.”

Line 18 I did not say “strapping children along” I said “schlepping”

Page 46

Line 3 where I start talking about my husband’s career..here is what I really said “Since he was 18 years old he has always worked with criminals. For 8 ½ years he worked in a maximum security prison and now he works in law enforcement with criminals outside the prison. I feel that I am a greater target than say, the wife of a grocery store manager.”

Page 53

Line 10 The rest of the sentence “I see society replacing right vs wrong with legal vs illegal.” Also the end of his sentence about our discussion was “about legal vs illegal” not relevant vs irrelevant.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Your personal life just isn't as private any more - hopefully some of it will get back to normal soon.

Thanks for the update/clarification on the court transcript - seasoning does change the flavor does it not?

Thank you for being what and who you are.

Yata hey

shefearsnothing

imported post

Grapeshot, I appreciate your posts. I have said it many times but it always bears repeating. The support I have gotten from fellow firearms owners has been tremendous and has brought me a long way through this. While I would never wish an injustice on anyone else I do hope that should it happen (unfortunately I suspect it will....I mean, look at Philly for crying out loud!) I am able to give the same in return having been through it myself. :)