• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Meetup a Success.

sraacke

imported post

Four OCDO members meet at the Shoneys resturant in LaPlace, Louisiana this morning (Saturday November 1, 2008) for a couple of hours of socializing. We talked about guns as well as several other hobbies. It's amazing all the stuff we have in common. Sitting around the table it was like we were all old friends. Mark arrived first at a little before 8:20am. I pulled into the parking lot with my better half around 8:45. Double_J showed up a little after 9 and Chad_PF-9 came a little while later with his family. We didn't leave until nearly 11am. I think the waitress was worried we were going to stay through lunch. :lol:

The four of us were Open Carrying but we didn't have any problems. No SWAT teams waiting outside. No panicked diners running out the door screaming at the sight of our holstered pistols. Of course I had my camera with me and with everyone's permission I got a group photo. My better half took this photo.
ocdomeetnov08.jpg

L-R , Mark Marchiafava, Chad_PF-9, Double_J and Yale.

We are already looking forward to more meetups in the months to come.

imported post

The wife was walking by the computer, looked over my shoulder, got a quick glance at this pic, stopped, leaned back, did a double take and exclaimed, "that's the best reason I've ever seen for making abortion retroactive."
OH well.
Other than that, Yale is correct. A good time was had by all, no runs, no hits, no errors, and no men left on base.
Obviously absent were XD-GEM and Captain Dan, the very two who instigated all this, LOL. Where are you two?
Next time, Tanger anyone?

Yrdawg

imported post

Whadda crew .....LOL

Good on ya'll, outstanding

I'll do it one day, I'm all the way on the west side on Tx border, don't mind the drive tho

This is probably one of the most signifigant moves being made to educate the public that guns in legal hands are legal and will deter crime.

Armed citizens have the burden of evangelizing the non gun world around them. Powers that be will barely allow, much less encourage, law abiding citizens to be armed.

Again ......good on ya'll

:D

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now wait a minute, I told ya'll I wouldn't be able to make Nov 1 as I had a previous commitment. I am surprised CaptainDan didn't make it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time. I really wanted to meet up with you guys, but I'd already promised the morning of the 1st to someone else.

I'm glad to see that Yale recovered from whatever it was that was ailing him.

sraacke

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Now wait a minute, I told ya'll I wouldn't be able to make Nov 1 as I had a previous commitment. I am surprised CaptainDan didn't make it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time. I really wanted to meet up with you guys, but I'd already promised the morning of the 1st to someone else.

I'm glad to see that Yale recovered from whatever it was that was ailing him.

Well, we knew you weren't going to make it. You had already made it clear that you'd catch up with the next meetup.

I'm starting to worry about CaptainDan. He didn't show up and hasn't posted or replied to my PM yet. :?

chad pf-9

imported post

It wasnice meeting everyone.I think it would becool to have one of these every month or so on a ongoing basis,as someone suggested.

I'am ready for the next one (hopefully I am off,I work shift work- work every other weekend).

Mark suggested Tanger for the next one? Wherever it is I'll sure try to be there.

hopefully we can get a few more members to make it.

imported post

Yrdawg,
My bearing arms has nothing to do with preventing crime, unless you're referring to crime committed by elected officials. In the tradition of the founders of this once-great republic, I'm trying to remind the sheeple what the 2nd amendment is really all about.

Yrdawg

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Yrdawg,
My bearing arms has nothing to do with preventing crime, unless you're referring to crime committed by elected officials. In the tradition of the founders of this once-great republic, I'm trying to remind the sheeple what the 2nd amendment is really all about.

And if crime is deterred by the prescence of armed individuals are u partly to blame for a drop in the crime rate ??

:banghead:

charlie12

imported post

yale wrote:
Four OCDO members meet at the Shoneys resturant in LaPlace, Louisiana this morning (Saturday November 1, 2008) for a couple of hours of socializing. We talked about guns as well as several other hobbies. It's amazing all the stuff we have in common. Sitting around the table it was like we were all old friends. Mark arrived first at a little before 8:20am. I pulled into the parking lot with my better half around 8:45. Double_J showed up a little after 9 and Chad_PF-9 came a little while later with his family. We didn't leave until nearly 11am. I think the waitress was worried we were going to stay through lunch. :lol:

The four of us were Open Carrying but we didn't have any problems. No SWAT teams waiting outside. No panicked diners running out the door screaming at the sight of our holstered pistols. Of course I had my camera with me and with everyone's permission I got a group photo. My better half took this photo.
ocdomeetnov08.jpg

L-R , Mark Marchiafava, Chad_PF-9, Double_J and Yale.

We are already looking forward to more meetups in the months to come.
Yale I think I've seen you somewhere before. And the funny looking guy on the left I know I've seen.:lol:

CaptainDan

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
The wife was walking by the computer, looked over my shoulder, got a quick glance at this pic, stopped, leaned back, did a double take and exclaimed, "that's the best reason I've ever seen for making abortion retroactive."
OH well.
Other than that, Yale is correct. A good time was had by all, no runs, no hits, no errors, and no men left on base.
Obviously absent were XD-GEM and Captain Dan, the very two who instigated all this, LOL. Where are you two?
Next time, Tanger anyone?

Got screwed into staying offshore (at work) At times my job sucks. WILL NOT MISS THE NEXT ONE!!!

Can't tell you guys how glad I am You had a good time. Once again sorry I missed it, had to fill in for a Captain who was a no-show at crew change. Was only supposed to be 1 day but turned out to be 3 . Next time if I have to I'll sit out a hitch, WILL NOT BE ABSENT NEXT TIME!!

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

seaplanepilot1 wrote:
OC in Louisiana? Please bring me up to date on this topic.

Thanks,

Welcome to the board, seaplanepilot1. If you poke around on the Louisiana Section, you will find quite a bit of information. You can also go to http://www.louisianacarry.org/and find links to most of the pertinent laws and legalrulings regarding both OC and CC in Louisiana. There is alsoan AG's opinion regarding OCwhich you can read at the LouisianaCarry site.

The short version is that Article 1 Section 11 of the Louisiana Constitution is a specific individual protection for the RKBA, with a provision permitting the State to regulate only the concealed carry of weapons. As there is no law specifically prohibiting OC, it is a legal, constitutionally protected right. You can read the laws yourself (as well as keep an eye on new legislation) at the Louisiana Legislative website http://www.legis.state.la.us/ There are several laws which do restrict the presence of firearms at specific places - a few prohibit carry even by law enforcement officers.

You can read what happened when the Gonzales Police Department decided to hassle one of our more vocal members as he was peacefully shopping at Tanger Mall while OCing here http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/27706824.html

seaplanepilot1

imported post

XD-GEM,

It was mentioned at the CCW class I was attending June 2006. The only thing I heard was that it was Gary( a high school buddy of mine) at a convenience store.

You may have to call him to get all the information. Yes he does sponsor the matches and makes GAT bullets.