• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You awaken to a crashing sound, you grab your gun, then you hear multiple shouts of POLICE!

Michigander

imported post

Theseus wrote:
Wow...I would love to live in your world. :celebrate
Yep, come check out Free America. It's awesome!:monkey

Seriously though, in most places, most judges (and indeed any judge worth a damn) will want to see special reasons to issue a no knock warrant, because they add more danger. I can easily believe that Kali judges aren't as careful, but I talked to a judge and a couple cops about this back in Michigan, and I am simply repeating what they said.

Lezchap

imported post

Nothing goes on in this house that warrants a no-knock raid. Anyone entering this house without warning and invitation, thus, must be a criminal and will be delt with as such...

That being, if any more then 2 armed and armored individuals enter my house, I don't expect to win...but I'm not going to be a victim without a fight.

sraacke

imported post

mdgary wrote:
Get to know people in LE, I have several friends in two counties that I border ,I know these guys on a personal level some even live in my neighborhood. they would deffinetly come to me face to face before raiding my house. that said .I would just start shooting..

Darn right you should start shooting.

They may not be cops.

Then again they may be cops but the way some agencies act they are not any better than criminals.

You could be the Mayor of your town and still have your door knocked off it's frame, your dogs shot and be bound and held at gun point by cops who then lie about the warrant or the level of force they used.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Cheye+Calvo

Personally, I don't feel that I should have to buddy up to the local law enforcement in hopes of not having a gun shoved in my face during a botched raid. Nor should I have to pal around with firefighters hoping that they will show up when I call 911 to say that my house is on fire. I don't buy beers for the garbage men so that they don't toss my can in the ditch.

I pay my taxes so that I can expect them to do their jobs professionally and correctly. Not so that they can buy spend my tax money on a bunch of milspec gear and play Navy Seal in peoples homes.

smccomas

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Well, I would shoot my dog, because if I don't one of the cops will, and it's not right to let another man kill your dog.:cry:
Tomahawk you are one twisted individual.

I think you would be safe as long as your are not an optometrist in Northern Va.

Tomahawk

imported post

yale wrote:
Personally, I don't feel that I should have to buddy up to the local law enforcement in hopes of not having a gun shoved in my face during a botched raid. Nor should I have to pal around with firefighters hoping that they will show up when I call 911 to say that my house is on fire. I don't buy beers for the garbage men so that they don't toss my can in the ditch.

I pay my taxes so that I can expect them to do their jobs professionally and correctly. Not so that they can buy spend my tax money on a bunch of milspec gear and play Navy Seal in peoples homes.

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but of course the reality is that you pay your taxes because the wannabe Seals will be sent to your house if you don't.

Pay your taxes...

So we can equip our cops...

To make sure you pay your taxes...

To make sure you pay your taxes...

...and so on, ad nauseum.

buster81

imported post

I feel much better about this because I was told in another post that:

"Very few people fake being a cop and dress up in the full uniform."

So, if they are dressed like cops, and say they are cops, they must be cops. :lol:

TFED12

imported post

I too would probably arm myself and respond defensively.

I think however, I have more of a chance of being struck by lightning.

About 2000 people a year are struck by lightning.

Does anyone know how many warrants are served on the wrong homes per year?

Or how many criminals per year dress as cops and bust doors down?

Those would be some interesting numbers if anyone has them.

PT111

imported post

This fellow didn't bother to find out if it was police or not.

Wonder if he is going to try and use the Castle Doctrine as a defense?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TRICK_OR_TREAT_KILLING_SCOL-?SITE=SCFLO&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-11-01-03-28-47

SUMTER, S.C. (AP) -- An ex-convict who thought he was being robbed gunned down a 12-year-old trick-or-treater, spraying nearly 30 rounds with an assault rifle from inside his home after hearing a knock on the door, police said Saturday.

Quentin Patrick, 22, is accused of killing 12-year-old T.J. Darrisaw on Friday night. T.J.'s 9-year-old brother, Ahmadre Darrisaw, and their father, Freddie Grinnell, were injured but were released after being treated at a hospital.

The family attended a Halloween celebration in downtown Sumter, 45 miles east of Columbia, then stopped at Patrick's house because the porch light was on, police said. Another sibling was with them, but wasn't hurt.

Police said at least two of the boys were wearing ghoulish masks when they knocked on the door. The boys' mother and a toddler stayed in the car nearby.

Patrick emptied his AK-47, shooting at least 29 times through his front door, walls and windows after hearing the knock, Police Chief Patty Patterson said.

He told police he had been robbed and shot in the past year.

"He wasn't going to be robbed again, and he wasn't going to be shot again," Patterson said Saturday at a news conference.

She said T.J., a bright young man, suffered multiple wounds, including a fatal shot to his head. No one answered the door at the family's home Saturday.

"This is by far one of the worst tragedies that I have had to personally experience," Patterson said. "It happened basically because kids were out doing what they would normally do on Halloween."

Patrick has been charged with murder, three counts of assault and battery with intent to kill, and one count of assault with intent to kill.

Police said they also charged a 19-year-old in his home, Ericka Patrice Pee, with obstruction of justice when she was caught trying to run away after the shooting with $7,500 in cash. Patterson did not give an explanation for the money.

Pee's 2-year-old daughter was inside during the shooting and is now being cared for by family members.

Patterson said Patrick had multiple drug convictions but police do not believe he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the shooting. Authorities did not know if Patrick or Pee had attorneys. Both are being held without bond.

A man who identified himself as Patrick's brother but declined to give his name said in a call to The Associated Press that he believed Patrick was suffering from post-traumatic stress after a break-in last December. The man's account matched the information police provided.

"We want to let his family know that this is a total tragic accident," he said. "He was trying to protect his family."

Patrick's home is off a busy, two-lane road in Sumter, a city of about 40,000 people. On Saturday, shattered glass still covered the front stoop and about 20 bullet holes peppered the front door and a front-window casement. A firefighter used a hose to wash bloodstains away.

The shooting shocked residents of a neighborhood where most people know each other well.

"I just hate it that that little kid got killed. It used to be the quietest place. I knew everybody and everybody knew me," said Vivian Johnson, 81, who lives two doors from Patrick and Pee but said she did not know them.

County Councilman Charles Edens said he lives just a few blocks away and passed the crime scene on his way back from trick-or-treating with his 13-year-old daughter, who was upset by the news.

"It's going to put a dampening on Halloween," Eden said. "I would think twice about going to a door that we don't know who lives behind."

Lezchap

imported post

Yep...fortunately no reasonable person would suspect they were being robbed on halloween by a 12 yearold knocking at their door...masked or not. He had no cause to open fire, and I hope he's found guilty on all counts. A knock at your door, as long as they're not kicking it in, is no reason to open fire...reason to be armed sure...but there's a difference between being prepaired and being maniac. :)

Deanimator

imported post

I have a long history of documented death threats from neo-Nazis who don't like my reminding the world of their propensity for pedophilia. Any retard from the National Alliance can buy a "POLICE" windbreaker and shout "Police!" while kicking down my door.

I don't engage in criminal activity, or at least that's what the State of Ohio seems to think, given that they issued me a CHL a few weeks ago. I don't knowingly associate with people who engage in criminal activity. That being the case, if you kick my door in, the BEST you can hope for is a face full of .44 Special Gold Dots. If I've got time, you'll get a face full of .30-06 ball, and it's all downhill from there.

Kicking in my door is a strict liability offense. I'll probably end up dead. I guarantee I won't be the only one.

MetalChris

imported post

Theseus wrote:
LE has NO REASON to be initiating a no-knock warrant as I am not a criminal or even with a criminal background. Based on my lack of criminal background and the fact I don't do anything illegal enough to deserve a no-knock warrant I am assuming ANYONE forcibly coming through my front door is an attacker and will be treated as such.
I chuckled at that. ;)

Alexcabbie

imported post

Hi there Metalchris. I grew up in Huber Hieghts, Wayne 1971. Know where the WalMart is on Brandt and I70?? that used to be the property of the family of my best bud. About 80 acres of woods and his dad had a fishing hole business adjacent to the property to boot. Had lotas fun in those woods, Mike taught ne how to find paw-paws and how to noodle for snapping turtles. Now it's a damn Wal-Mart. Sigh.

Anyway whaddya mean you "Chucked"??

MetalChris

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Hi there Metalchris. I grew up in Huber Hieghts, Wayne 1971. Know where the WalMart is on Brandt and I70?? that used to be the property of the family of my best bud. About 80 acres of woods and his dad had a fishing hole business adjacent to the property to boot. Had lotas fun in those woods, Mike taught ne how to find paw-paws and how to noodle for snapping turtles. Now it's a damn Wal-Mart. Sigh.

Anyway whaddya mean you "Chucked"??
That's awesome! I live in the Schull/Trowbridge area, just north of the walmart you're talking about. Bought a house up there in July after I got tired of living in base housing.

That was a typo...I meant "chuckled" but missed the "l". :)

Alexcabbie

imported post

"Base Housing" I assume means Wright-Pat, so you know what my avatar is, yes??

This "no-knock" nonsense started out as being justified in order to prevent dope dealers from flushing evidence down the commode. But from my point of view if the crap were legal, no harm done since anybody who is not already a junkie who might become one is right now at present time riding a bottle into oblivion. Delireum tremens is more dangerous than cold turkey withdrawal and to say these dangerous raids are needed to arrest addicts and force them into treatment is disengenuous to say the least. Unless an addict wants to get clean AND STAY CLEAN he will, when arrested, dance the prescribed Kabuki until he can get his hands on another fix. A narcotics cop once told me that it was for thier own good since "Once in prison they cant get drugs". I still wonder what he had been smoking.

Lezchap

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
"Base Housing" I assume means Wright-Pat, so you know what my avatar is, yes??

This "no-knock" nonsense started out as being justified in order to prevent dope dealers from flushing evidence down the commode. But from my point of view if the crap were legal, no harm done since anybody who is not already a junkie who might become one is right now at present time riding a bottle into oblivion. Delireum tremens is more dangerous than cold turkey withdrawal and to say these dangerous raids are needed to arrest addicts and force them into treatment is disengenuous to say the least. Unless an addict wants to get clean AND STAY CLEAN he will, when arrested, dance the prescribed Kabuki until he can get his hands on another fix. A narcotics cop once told me that it was for thier own good since "Once in prison they cant get drugs". I still wonder what he had been smoking.
I don't feel no-knock warrants don't have their place...but I think they're overused.

IF a suspect has a history of violence when faced with cops, sure...no knock gives the cops a little more of an advantage (history shows the guy would shoot anyways, where's the increased risk?), and I don't have a problem with that.

What I have a problem with is that these no-knock warrants are being issued is a vast amount of situations where they're not warranted, and it's creating a huge risk for officers and civilians in this country...and it's also increasing the dislike of the law enforcement. It doesn't serve a good purpose, so why is it being used so often?

Carnivore

imported post

The LE in my town know me, and know my family name, our name has been in this town and county for over 100 yrs. any no knock entry into any of my family members homes would definitely be an attack, and would be met with resistance..