Thread: Any one else planning to OC to vote?

Post imported post

Well the topic kind of covers it, who is planning on excercising their freedoms while they excercise their freedomes.

Post imported post

absentee balot!!

Post imported post

Absentee ballot got send off today hope it makes back to wa in time.

Post imported post

I do it every time I vote.

Snohomish County is mail-in, but you can turn it in to a drop box in your community. Mine is at the local QFC that has always been good to me when I OC in there (and have done so many, many times).
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I do it every time I vote.

Snohomish County is mail-in, but you can turn it in to a drop box in your community. Mine is at the local QFC that has always been good to me when I OC in there (and have done so many, many times).
    SnoCo is not 100% mail-in. There are still some polling places at public libraries.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Mine is a middle school, so I can not.

Post imported post

I OC'd to vote already. I sat in my dining room with a pistol strapped to my hip, filling out my encouraging vote fraud all mail in ballot, then I dropped it into the mailbox with my pistol still strapped to my hip. Not much sense of community in voting here anymore.

Post imported post

I voted by absentee ballot and I had four guns with arms reach of me. Does that count?
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

It happened I was CC'ing but I went to the Ferndale library to drop off my ballot to cancel one vote for BO, and saw a big sign I had never noticed before: "NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING" It's a permanent metal sign planted in the ground at the foot of the steps. I was CC'ing and was in the bldg less than a minute so I ignored it and went in anyway. But this brings up the whole question of how the RCW applies to public libraries. I've seen a thread somewhere that discusses that but I can't quite locate it now.

I have just read 9.41.300 from top to bottom and there is NO exception listed for public libraries. And clearly state pre-emption applies (9.41.290). I seem to recall that point being made in the thread about it a couple months ago. If someone can confirm that I will proceed to "shake things up in Ferndale City Hall".

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    It happened I was CC'ing but I went to the Ferndale library to drop off my ballot to cancel one vote for BO, and saw a big sign I had never noticed before: "NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING" It's a permanent metal sign planted in the ground at the foot of the steps. I was CC'ing and was in the bldg less than a minute so I ignored it and went in anyway. But this brings up the whole question of how the RCW applies to public libraries. I've seen a thread somewhere that discusses that but I can't quite locate it now.

I have just read 9.41.300 from top to bottom and there is NO exception listed for public libraries. And clearly state pre-emption applies (9.41.290). I seem to recall that point being made in the thread about it a couple months ago. If someone can confirm that I will proceed to "shake things up in Ferndale City Hall".
    Time to write the library - that's definitely pre-emtped.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

From the East Side.
    Spokane Co. is all mail in ballots. I used to go to a church, talk with people and buy some cookies. Not any more.
    Now I put my ballot in a box outside the library (two weeks ago) and then go buy ammo.

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Richard6218 wrote:

Time to write the library - that's definitely pre-emtped.
    Just answered my own question. AGO 1982 No. 14 dated 11/3/1982 addresses the issue of "a county, city or town to regulate the sale or possession of firearms." The question that applies here was stated in the opinion as follows: "1. May a municipality or county prohibit the sale or possession of a handgun within its jurisdiction?" The answer was "We answer your first...question(s) in the negative ..." The opinion goes on to cite constitutional bases, both Federal and State, as well as applicable sections of RCW in support of the position that prohibits municipalities and counties from enacting laws and ordinances more restrictive than provided in the RCW.

Soooo --- I'm not going to mess with the librarian. I will direct my question to the Ferndale City Attorney and load him up with the RCW and the AGO. This will be VERY interesting.

Post imported post

The most recent AG opinion is even clearer.

Post imported post

If I'm an absentee voter, can I still go and vote? I do want to show up and actually place a vote in person, and OC while doing it.....we have a polling place literally a couple blocks from us.....I guess I could at least drop off my ballot while OCing.....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I am not sure but I think there is a federal law against weapons in the polling place. Anybody know about this?

edit:Looks like I was wrong but I thought there was a 150 ft exclusion zone around a polling place. http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=d...mp;format=html

Post imported post

sean-1286 wrote:
    I'm using AGO 1983 No. 14 ---- do you have a number for the new one? I presume that's the one about the Nickels/Seattle case.

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    sean-1286 wrote:
    I'm using AGO 1983 No. 14 ---- do you have a number for the new one? I presume that's the one about the Nickels/Seattle case.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/17343.html

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    sean-1286 wrote:
    It's 2008 No. 8 and it can be found on NWCDL

State Researcher

Post imported post

I was planning to, but Thurston County is all mail in, or just drop at a secure box. Plus it was too cold. I dropped mine off in a box at the fire station.

Post imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
    Richard6218 wrote:
    sean-1286 wrote:
    It's 2008 No. 8 and it can be found on NWCDL
    Thanx, Gene. I will use this.

Post imported post

My post may be a little late, but I did OC to vote at the Fire Station in Puyallup. Waited in line for about 35 minutes and nobody said a thing to me. I know some of them saw it, but no mention of it.

Funny thing is that when I finally got in the room to vote, the gentleman in front of me made the statement "I wonder if our votes will even matter in this state." I just laughed and said, "Probably not, but it's not going to stop me." So does being an OC'er make your political views that obvious?

Post imported post

• When I took my wife in to our voting station after work and it was a black church they where pretty much all but saying directly vote oboma, nedless to say I got a lot of dirty looks and comments since I carried my empty holster while we were there.

:celebrate

Post imported post

TRAKATAK wrote:
    So does being an OC'er make your political views that obvious?
    You bet it does. It's pretty much in-your-face, so if you don't want to handle that it's better to just CC.

Post imported post

I dont mind it, I think it's funny when people get pissed over it.

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    I dont mind it, I think it's funny when people get pissed over it.
    Its just fine if they get pissed - that's their own problem - but watch out for the ones that call the cops.