• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any one else planning to OC to vote?

Agent 47

imported post

Well the topic kind of covers it, who is planning on excercising their freedoms while they excercise their freedomes.

just_a_car

imported post

I do it every time I vote.

Snohomish County is mail-in, but you can turn it in to a drop box in your community. Mine is at the local QFC that has always been good to me when I OC in there (and have done so many, many times).

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I do it every time I vote.

Snohomish County is mail-in, but you can turn it in to a drop box in your community. Mine is at the local QFC that has always been good to me when I OC in there (and have done so many, many times).
SnoCo is not 100% mail-in. There are still some polling places at public libraries.

heresolong

imported post

I OC'd to vote already. I sat in my dining room with a pistol strapped to my hip, filling out my encouraging vote fraud all mail in ballot, then I dropped it into the mailbox with my pistol still strapped to my hip. Not much sense of community in voting here anymore.

jeeper1

imported post

I voted by absentee ballot and I had four guns with arms reach of me. Does that count?

Richard6218

imported post

It happened I was CC'ing but I went to the Ferndale library to drop off my ballot to cancel one vote for BO, and saw a big sign I had never noticed before: "NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING" It's a permanent metal sign planted in the ground at the foot of the steps. I was CC'ing and was in the bldg less than a minute so I ignored it and went in anyway. But this brings up the whole question of how the RCW applies to public libraries. I've seen a thread somewhere that discusses that but I can't quite locate it now.

I have just read 9.41.300 from top to bottom and there is NO exception listed for public libraries. And clearly state pre-emption applies (9.41.290). I seem to recall that point being made in the thread about it a couple months ago. If someone can confirm that I will proceed to "shake things up in Ferndale City Hall".

Tawnos

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
It happened I was CC'ing but I went to the Ferndale library to drop off my ballot to cancel one vote for BO, and saw a big sign I had never noticed before: "NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING" It's a permanent metal sign planted in the ground at the foot of the steps. I was CC'ing and was in the bldg less than a minute so I ignored it and went in anyway. But this brings up the whole question of how the RCW applies to public libraries. I've seen a thread somewhere that discusses that but I can't quite locate it now.

I have just read 9.41.300 from top to bottom and there is NO exception listed for public libraries. And clearly state pre-emption applies (9.41.290). I seem to recall that point being made in the thread about it a couple months ago. If someone can confirm that I will proceed to "shake things up in Ferndale City Hall".
Time to write the library - that's definitely pre-emtped.

fetch

imported post

From the East Side.
Spokane Co. is all mail in ballots. I used to go to a church, talk with people and buy some cookies. Not any more.
Now I put my ballot in a box outside the library (two weeks ago) and then go buy ammo.

Richard6218

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:

Time to write the library - that's definitely pre-emtped.
Just answered my own question. AGO 1982 No. 14 dated 11/3/1982 addresses the issue of "a county, city or town to regulate the sale or possession of firearms." The question that applies here was stated in the opinion as follows: "1. May a municipality or county prohibit the sale or possession of a handgun within its jurisdiction?" The answer was "We answer your first...question(s) in the negative ..." The opinion goes on to cite constitutional bases, both Federal and State, as well as applicable sections of RCW in support of the position that prohibits municipalities and counties from enacting laws and ordinances more restrictive than provided in the RCW.

Soooo --- I'm not going to mess with the librarian. I will direct my question to the Ferndale City Attorney and load him up with the RCW and the AGO. This will be VERY interesting. :)

compmanio365

imported post

If I'm an absentee voter, can I still go and vote? I do want to show up and actually place a vote in person, and OC while doing it.....we have a polling place literally a couple blocks from us.....I guess I could at least drop off my ballot while OCing.....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I was planning to, but Thurston County is all mail in, or just drop at a secure box. Plus it was too cold. I dropped mine off in a box at the fire station.