Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Visiting NM Q about places off limits

  1. #1
    Regular Member vermonter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    341

    Post imported post

    I will be visiting NM. I plan to OC since my CCW is not accepted in NM. I understand that places that sell alcohol for OFF PREMISES consumption is OK, like a convenience stores. How do I know if a restaurant sells alcohol for consumption on premises? Are there "Miller" and Budweiser" signs in the windows, or do all places like Fazoli's, Arby's serve? Where can I eat so I don't have to leave my weapon in the car unattended, or do all places that have dining serve? Someone needs to get a bill going that mirrors states like Fla where off limits are carrying while drinking/intoxicated, or carrying into a place where primary sales are from alcohol, not food (bars). It is common sense not to carry into bars, but if I am getting a Burrito at Moe's Southwest Grill I should not have to be unable to protect myself so someone can have a beer!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Vermonter,

    OC is not an option in any place that sells alcohol either for on or off premises consumption.

    Even though OC has always been legal OC'ers have never been legal to carry in any place that sells alcohol for on or off consumption.

    When CCW was enacted in NM permit holders could not carry in any place that sold alcohol for on or off consumption.

    These are Beverage control laws on the books prior to enactment of CCW and were not exempted by it. (CCW)

    In the last year the legislature exempted permit holders from the ban on carrying concealed in or on premises selling alcohol for off premises consumption only.

    To legally carry in a premises that sells for OFF premises consumption one must have a valid permit and the sidearm MUST be concealed.

    It is still a crime (4th degree felony, I believe) to openly carry a firearm in any place that sells alcohol period.

    The same penalty, I believe, still applies to a valid permit holder carrying concealed in a premises that sells alcohol for on premises consumption.

    What part of NM and when?

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    The safest course of action is to assume that any place that sells anything also sells alcohol either for on or off site consumption.

    Since coming back here for the winter I have travelled to most parts of the state and I have not encountered a single convenience store yet that does not sell alcohol for off site consumption.

    As for sale for on site consumption there are an innumerable amount of Mom & Pop restaurants, drive ins, diners, dives and cafe's that have at the very least a wine & beer license. Sometimes there is a beer brand neon sign in a window and sometimes you don't know until you open the menu.

    That is of course in addittion to all of the Applebee's, Chili's and similar franchises.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    gunscribe wrote:
    Vermonter,

    OC is not an option in any place that sells alcohol either for on or off premises consumption.

    Even though OC has always been legal OC'ers have never been legal to carry in any place that sells alcohol for on or off consumption.

    When CCW was enacted in NM permit holders could not carry in any place that sold alcohol for on or off consumption.

    These are Beverage control laws on the books prior to enactment of CCW and were not exempted by it. (CCW)

    In the last year the legislature exempted permit holders from the ban on carrying concealed in or on premises selling alcohol for off premises consumption only.

    To legally carry in a premises that sells for OFF premises consumption one must have a valid permit and the sidearm MUST be concealed.

    It is still a crime (4th degree felony, I believe) to openly carry a firearm in any place that sells alcohol period.

    The same penalty, I believe, still applies to a valid permit holder carrying concealed in a premises that sells alcohol for on premises consumption.

    What part of NM and when?

    Hope this helps!

    CITATION PLEASE!

    Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search, you are permitted to Open Carry into convenience stores or grocery stores where alcohol is sold for "off premises" consumption.

    Concealed Carry permit holders may not yet be able to do this however as I found on the New Mexico Shooting Sports website that references a bill being submitted to remove the ban on carrying BY CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSEES in establishments licensed to dispense alcohol for consumption "off the premises" (i.e., grocery and convenience stores).

    http://www.nmssa.org/documents/2007/...etter_2007.pdf



    This is from the Arizona Department of Public Safety

    http://ccw.azdps.gov/faq.asp

    Can I carry a firearm into an establishment that serves alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises if I have my CCW permit?

    No. No one(except police officers) may carry a firearm (concealed or not) into any establishment that serves alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises (this includes restaurants). The only exceptions are: 1) you temporarily enter such an establishment for the purpose of reporting an emergency and do not receive, possess or consume an alcoholic drink; 2) you are the licensee or an employee (acting with the licensee's permission) of such an establishment; 3) you are summoned to assist a peace officer who is acting in the official performance of official duties; 4) to enter hotel or motel guest room accommodations or 5) the exhibition or display of a firearm in conjunction with a meeting, show, class or similar event. Active and retired officers carrying under LEOSA may be prohibited from carrying concealed weapons if the establishment is posted, see the LEOSA page for details. (ARS 4-244.29 - 30, 13-3102.C.1 and Public Law 108-277)



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    CITATION PLEASE!

    Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search, you are permitted to Open Carry into convenience stores or grocery stores where alcohol is sold for "off premises" consumption.

    Concealed Carry permit holders may not yet be able to do this however as I found on the New Mexico Shooting Sports website that references a bill being submitted to remove the ban on carrying BY CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSEES in establishments licensed to dispense alcohol for consumption "off the premises" (i.e., grocery and convenience stores).

    MY REPLY AND CITATION DECOLIGNY

    THE BAN ON FIREARMS IN ANY ESTABLISHMENT THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON OR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION IS FOUND IN THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES AND HAS BEEN LAW FOR AT LEAST 30 YEARS THAT I KNOW OF.

    IT IS A FOURTH DEGREE FELONY TO POSESS A FIREARM IN ANY PLACE THAT SELLS ALCOHOL.

    HAVING SAID THAT IN 2007 THE LEGISLATURE AMENDED THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES TO ALLOW THOSE WITH A CCW TO LEGALLY CARRY CONCEALED ONLY IN THOSE BUSINESSES THAT SELL ALCOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    CCW MAY NOW CARRY IN PLACES THAT SELL ALCOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    IT IS STILL ILLEGAL IN NEW MEXICO FOR ANYONE CCW OR NOT TO CARRY IN A PLACE THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON SITE CONSUMPTION.

    IT IS STILL ILLEGAL FOR SOMEONE TO OPEN CARRY IN A PLACE THAT SELLS ACOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    OPEN CARRY WAS NOT GRANTED AN EXCEPTION TO THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES AS CONCEALED CARRY WAS.

    HERE IS YOUR CITATION;

    New Mexico Statutes Annotated (NMSA) 30-7-3 states: "Unlawful carrying of a firearm in licensed liquor establishments.

    A. Unlawful carrying of a firearm in an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages consists of carrying a loaded or unloaded firearm on any premises licensed by the regulation and licensing department for the dispensing of alcoholic beverages except:

    (1) by a law enforcement officer in the lawful discharge of the officer's duties;

    (2) by a law enforcement officer who in certified pursuant to the Law Enforcement Training Act [NMSA 29-7-1] acting in accordance with the policies of the officer's law enforcement agency;

    (3) by the owner, lessee, tenant or operator of the licensed premises or the owner's, lessee's, tenant's or operator's agents, including privately employed security personnel during the performance of their duties;

    (4) by a person carrying a concealed handgun who is in possession of a valid concealed handgun license for that gun pursuant to the Concealed Handgun Carry Act [NMSA 29-19-1]; provided that the licensed establishment does not sell alcololic beverages for consumption on the premises;

    (5) by a person in that area of the licensed premises usually and primarily rented on a daily or short-term basis for sleeping or residential occupancy, including hotel or motel rooms;

    (6) by a person on that area of a licensed premises primarily used for vehicular traffic or parking; or

    (7) for the purpose of temporary display, provided that the firearm is: (a) made completely inoperative before it is carried unto the licensed premises and remains inoperative while it is on the licensed premises, and (b) under the control of the licensee or an agent of the licensee while the firearm is on the licensed premises.

    FROM NOW ON DECONLIGNY IF i WERE YOU I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT THE INFORMATION YOU DISEMINATE AS YOU MAY END UP BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONES FELONY CONVICTION AND IMPRISONMENT SHOULD THEY FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE WHEN IT IS BASED ON QUICK SHORT-SIGHTED AND INCOMPLETE RESEARCH.

    DUE TO THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECTING ERRONIOUS INFORMATION PURVEYED BY DECOLIGNY MY RESPONSE IS CAPITALIZED, BOLDENED AND COLORED WHERE NECESSARY TO CORRECT AND CONVEY THE LAW AS IT STANDS IN NEW MEXICO AT THIS TIME.

    I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO "ACCIDENTLY" BE CHARGED WITH A FELONY FOR VIOLATING NEW MEXICO BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES THAT NON-RESIDENTS HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF.

    YES DECOLIGNY MY LOCATION DOES SAY NEBRASKA. LET ME NIP THIS IN THE BUD RIGHT NOW.

    I AM FROM NEW MEXICO. I AM CURRENTLY IN NEW MEXICO. HAVE BEEN FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND WILL BE AT THE VERY LEAST UNTIL NEXT APRIL.

    I AM A CERTIFIED FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR AND I CARRY CONCEALED IN NEW MEXICO WITH A VALID PERMIT.

    I MAKE IT A POINT TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE LAWS GOVERNING CONCEALED CARRY IN ALL OF THE STATES I TRAVEL IN.



  6. #6
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    gunscribe wrote:
    CITATION PLEASE!

    Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search, you are permitted to Open Carry into convenience stores or grocery stores where alcohol is sold for "off premises" consumption.

    Concealed Carry permit holders may not yet be able to do this however as I found on the New Mexico Shooting Sports website that references a bill being submitted to remove the ban on carrying BY CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSEES in establishments licensed to dispense alcohol for consumption "off the premises" (i.e., grocery and convenience stores).

    MY REPLY AND CITATION DECOLIGNY

    THE BAN ON FIREARMS IN ANY ESTABLISHMENT THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON OR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION IS FOUND IN THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES AND HAS BEEN LAW FOR AT LEAST 30 YEARS THAT I KNOW OF.

    IT IS A FOURTH DEGREE FELONY TO POSESS A FIREARM IN ANY PLACE THAT SELLS ALCOHOL.

    HAVING SAID THAT IN 2007 THE LEGISLATURE AMENDED THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES TO ALLOW THOSE WITH A CCW TO LEGALLY CARRY CONCEALED ONLY IN THOSE BUSINESSES THAT SELL ALCOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    CCW MAY NOW CARRY IN PLACES THAT SELL ALCOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    IT IS STILL ILLEGAL IN NEW MEXICO FOR ANYONE CCW OR NOT TO CARRY IN A PLACE THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON SITE CONSUMPTION.

    IT IS STILL ILLEGAL FOR SOMEONE TO OPEN CARRY IN A PLACE THAT SELLS ACOHOL FOR OFF SITE CONSUMPTION.

    OPEN CARRY WAS NOT GRANTED AN EXCEPTION TO THE BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES AS CONCEALED CARRY WAS.

    HERE IS YOUR CITATION;

    New Mexico Statutes Annotated (NMSA) 30-7-3 states: "Unlawful carrying of a firearm in licensed liquor establishments.

    A. Unlawful carrying of a firearm in an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages consists of carrying a loaded or unloaded firearm on any premises licensed by the regulation and licensing department for the dispensing of alcoholic beverages except:

    (1) by a law enforcement officer in the lawful discharge of the officer's duties;

    (2) by a law enforcement officer who in certified pursuant to the Law Enforcement Training Act [NMSA 29-7-1] acting in accordance with the policies of the officer's law enforcement agency;

    (3) by the owner, lessee, tenant or operator of the licensed premises or the owner's, lessee's, tenant's or operator's agents, including privately employed security personnel during the performance of their duties;

    (4) by a person carrying a concealed handgun who is in possession of a valid concealed handgun license for that gun pursuant to the Concealed Handgun Carry Act [NMSA 29-19-1]; provided that the licensed establishment does not sell alcololic beverages for consumption on the premises;

    (5) by a person in that area of the licensed premises usually and primarily rented on a daily or short-term basis for sleeping or residential occupancy, including hotel or motel rooms;

    (6) by a person on that area of a licensed premises primarily used for vehicular traffic or parking; or

    (7) for the purpose of temporary display, provided that the firearm is: (a) made completely inoperative before it is carried unto the licensed premises and remains inoperative while it is on the licensed premises, and (b) under the control of the licensee or an agent of the licensee while the firearm is on the licensed premises.

    FROM NOW ON DECONLIGNY IF i WERE YOU I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT THE INFORMATION YOU DISEMINATE AS YOU MAY END UP BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONES FELONY CONVICTION AND IMPRISONMENT SHOULD THEY FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE WHEN IT IS BASED ON QUICK SHORT-SIGHTED AND INCOMPLETE RESEARCH.

    DUE TO THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECTING ERRONIOUS INFORMATION PURVEYED BY DECOLIGNY MY RESPONSE IS CAPITALIZED, BOLDENED AND COLORED WHERE NECESSARY TO CORRECT AND CONVEY THE LAW AS IT STANDS IN NEW MEXICO AT THIS TIME.

    I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO "ACCIDENTLY" BE CHARGED WITH A FELONY FOR VIOLATING NEW MEXICO BEVERAGE CONTROL STATUTES THAT NON-RESIDENTS HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF.

    YES DECOLIGNY MY LOCATION DOES SAY NEBRASKA. LET ME NIP THIS IN THE BUD RIGHT NOW.

    I AM FROM NEW MEXICO. I AM CURRENTLY IN NEW MEXICO. HAVE BEEN FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND WILL BE AT THE VERY LEAST UNTIL NEXT APRIL.

    I AM A CERTIFIED FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR AND I CARRY CONCEALED IN NEW MEXICO WITH A VALID PERMIT.

    I MAKE IT A POINT TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE LAWS GOVERNING CONCEALED CARRY IN ALL OF THE STATES I TRAVEL IN.


    What is with you, have a bad day at the office?

    You need to hang around this forum a little more before DETONATINGonsomeone who simply asks that you back up a statement about a fact of law with a citation.

    Check out the "BASIC RULES" post, specifically Rule #7

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

    7)if you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when avaiable,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

    You willnote that I asked for you to simply cite the law. If you look really closely, hidden in the fine print, at the very beginning ofmy post, Iprefaced my post with "BASED ON WHAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND WITH A QUICK SEARCH", so anyone who acts first without actually looking upthe applicable statutes would deserve the felony arrest, because ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

    As for your post, I guess that ignorance of the OpenCarry.org common practice of Citing points of law would be your only excuse.

    I POST THE ABOVE IN BOLD TO SHOW THAT I WASN'T STATING I WAS THE KNOW ALL AND END ALL OF NEW MEXICO GUN LAW.

    NEVER TAKE ANYTHING ANYONE POSTS HERE TO BE AUTHORITATIVE WITHOUT RESEARCHING THE LAW YOURSELF.

    If you had taken a moment to post a citation to begin with, you wouldn't end up looking like an out of control hothead.



  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    You posted;

    Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search, you are permitted to Open Carry into convenience stores or grocery stores where alcohol is sold for "off premises" consumption.

    .... you are permitted to ......

    is a declaritive statement in which you tell the reader that they can in fact do a specific course of action despite your veiled attempt at CYA.



    Not a bad day at the office.

    Hang around this forum a little more before ........ you say?

    I have been a member here for almost 2000 days and have, counting this one made 22 posts. Unlike someone that has not been a member for a year yet and averages about 2 posts per day.

    I do not comment on subjects I know nothing about based on quick searches of outdated and/or erronious information and preface it with "Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search."

    I check this forum regularly and have met personally more than once with the people responsible for running it.

    It causes me no excitement in the nether regions to see my name on a message board.

    It is you who should hang around this forum a little more.

    Many of the long time members here know that I am a published author and have read my writing. I am also a 2A advocate that has been interviewed and quoted in the print, radio and television media.

    I can and do cite my sources if asked politely, even if I am the source.

    And no you did not ask, you demanded. An all capitalized CITATION PLEASE! is not considered polite even with the please and it is certainly not a question .

    I do have a problem with the passing of erronious information even if it is prefaced with a CYA by people that post just to see their name alibet a screen name on the internet.

    If I don't know what the hell I am talking about I keep my mouth shut and learn something.

    Let me ask you a couple of questions;

    Why make a post with a declaritory statement prefaced by a CYA? Why not simply admit you don't know and ask for a clarification or citation? Why make a cover your ass statement and then follow it up with a declaration of legallity?

    Of course everyone should verify the information independantly of a message board post but it behooves those of us that post to those boards to RESPONSIBLY convey accurate information that is helpful and inciteful instead of posting for the sake of posting.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    So you get your knickers all in a twist and basically chew me out IN CAPITALS, because I CAPITALIZED "CITATION PLEASE"?

    Or was it because I insinuated that I couldn't quickly verify what you posted, (NO CITATION)and "Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search" you were allowed to...?

    Am I just supposed to know automatically due to my powerfulESP abilitiesthat you know what you are talking about, based only on the fact thatyou only postonce in a blue moon? I don't know you from Adam.

    If I hadn't posted, you probably would not have cited authority and would have left the OP hanging with no way to verify whether you were full of hot air, or whether you were indeed the subject matter expert.

    I "asked"/"demanded", (whatever you wish to call it) for a Citation because I had limited time and unfortunately New Mexico seems to take great pride in hiding it's gun laws by placing them all over their statutes, but I didn't know for sure that your answer was correct.

    I howeverhad the common courtesy to list what I based my position on, and the truthfulness to state that it was based only ona quick search.

    My first reply wasn't: HE'S WRONG, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE %&* &^ ( &%$ HE IS TALKING ABOUT. I didn't deserve to be spoken down to in the manner that you spoke down to me, without respect. I just ask that you be a little more civil in your attempts to "correct" someone in the future. You came off like you were having a temper tantrum.



  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    So you get your knickers all in a twist and basically chew me out IN CAPITALS, because I CAPITALIZED "CITATION PLEASE"?

    No I got my knickers all in a twist because you essentially posted;

    " I don't know what the hell I am talking about and niether do you, but I know you can OC in a place that seels alcohol for off site consumption."

    Or was it because I insinuated that I couldn't quickly verify what you posted, (NO CITATION) and "Based on what I have been able to find in a quick search" you were allowed to...?

    Who asked you to verify anything quickly or otherwise? This not Saint-Quentin your defending here.

    Am I just supposed to know automatically due to my powerful ESP abilities that you know what you are talking about, based only on the fact that you only post once in a blue moon? I don't know you from Adam.

    Of course your not, but then when you leap to conclusions and post errounious information based on a quicky you had with your computer you demand that I run around in a circle with a hardhat and catch it when it drips from the ceiling.

    If I hadn't posted, you probably would not have cited authority and would have left the OP hanging with no way to verify whether you were full of hot air, or whether you were indeed the subject matter expert.

    Maybe you better go back and look at my post again this time you might actually try reading it. When you do you will see that I DID IN FACT CITE my source;

    "These are Beverage control laws on the books prior to enactment of CCW and were not exempted by it. (CCW)"

    Well Hot diggity dog there Deco isn't it amazing what you learn when you actually read something rather than cruising the net looking for places to "surf by post".

    Oh and by the way Lord Admiral De Coligny who appointed you the guardian of all the other posters on this board?

    Maybe the OP wasn't left hanging because he actually read my post and recognized the citation when he saw it. Or God forbid he knew the information I posted was accurate.

    It is rather presumptuous for you to "ass u me" that the OP was left hanging.

    I suppose you have people from all over the net PMing you for assistance;

    Oh Gaspard, my hero, please help me! somebody posted something that sooo left me hanging will you please get on your high horse and post to my rescue like you did for the Huguenots? The interweb is sooooo daunting without you here to look out for me.

    I "asked"/"demanded", (whatever you wish to call it) for a Citation because I had limited time and unfortunately New Mexico seems to take great pride in hiding it's gun laws by placing them all over their statutes, but I didn't know for sure that your answer was correct.

    Limited time on your part does not constitute an emergency or requirement to educate you on my part. Just because I did not include in my post;

    SOURCE CITATION DISCLAIMER

    "As Deco is too lazy or has limited time to look it up for himself, instead of posting
    "It is in the Beverage control statutes" I am required to meet his standards and post the exact statute number along with the name of the bills sponsor, all of the co-sponsors, the day it was voted on, the number of elected officials that voted for it, the time/day the Governor signed it into law and the day it took effect as law."

    doesn't mean I did not cite the source.

    I however had the common courtesy to list what I based my position on, and the truthfulness to state that it was based only on a quick search.

    Common courtesy my keyboard. what you essentially said was;

    I had a quicky with my computer, experienced a pre-mature elation and was left unsatified. From what I found, in a two year old on line news letter, and a FAQ from a state not relevent to the question, is that I am right and even though he cited the New Mexico Beverage Control statutes as a source, Gunscribe now MUST prove me wrong.

    My first reply wasn't: HE'S WRONG, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE %&* &^ ( &%$ HE IS TALKING ABOUT. I didn't deserve to be spoken down to in the manner that you spoke down to me, without respect. I just ask that you be a little more civil in your attempts to "correct" someone in the future. You came off like you were having a temper tantrum.

    Respect is earned Deco.

    I don't have any for "surf by posters" that fail to completely read or comprehend the posts they are commenting on. I also don't have much for people that post for the sake of posting just so they can seen there name on the internet.

    In addittion I have little patience for those that preface with;

    " I just had a quicky with my computer so I don't have a clue what I am talking about, but I personally know you can because I said so right this minute............,"

    De Coligny the OP was not left hanging; You were. Why? Because you failed to fully read and comprehend my post complete with citation.

    Rather then admit you didn't know you prefaced your ignorance with the allusion that I was wrong because you experienced a pre-mature elation while having a quicky with your computer.


  10. #10
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    So much for a simple request to be civil.

    A request to not blow up at people turns into a rabid festival of ad hominem attacks. Real mature.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Well Deco if you had completely read and comprehended my first post where I did cite my source none of this had to happen.

    I highly doubt you did more than skimm over my last post before 'surf by posting" a response to it.


  12. #12
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    gunscribe wrote:
    Well Deco if you had completely read and comprehended my first post where I did cite my source none of this had to happen.

    I highly doubt you did more than skimm over my last post before 'surf by posting" a response to it.
    After the first few disgustingly crude sexualremarks about my relationship with my computer, I saw no need to continue reading your drivel.

    As far as your first post "citing your source", I think you haven't cited anything.

    If I say California Penal Code states that carryinga gun openly in a holster on a belt isn't considered a concealed weapon, I have not cited an authority. All that I have done is point vaguely in the general direction of where the citation might be.

    If however, I say that California Penal Code 12025 (f) states: "Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section", then I have cited authority.

    As you have proven repeatedly in the past several posts, you lack the ability to be civil. You claim to be a "published author", well, based on your previous posts, I don't buy the type of magazines that you obviously write for.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    You're right about most of your answer. However a conceiled handgun can be carried into a restaurant that serves alcohol as long asnot morethan 50% of the incomederivesfrom alcohol. In addition, you are not allowed to consume alcohol while carrying in that restaurant.

    The establishment also has the right to post their property. If there is a "No Firearms" sign clearly posted than I wouldn't carry mine there.

    Here is a link that might help. At the top of the page, it explains the terms that appear in the state laws.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    gunman1 wrote:
    You're right about most of your answer. However a conceiled handgun can be carried into a restaurant that serves alcohol as long asnot morethan 50% of the incomederivesfrom alcohol. In addition, you are not allowed to consume alcohol while carrying in that restaurant.

    The establishment also has the right to post their property. If there is a "No Firearms" sign clearly posted than I wouldn't carry mine there.

    Here is a link that might help. At the top of the page, it explains the terms that appear in the state laws.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf
    I do not know where you found the 50% rule for NM, but it does not apply. You may not carry concealed in any restaurant that sells liquor for consumption on premise no matter how much income is derived from liquor sales. You are correct on the posting rule.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Horse Thief, New Mexico
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    snoball wrote:
    gunman1 wrote:
    You're right about most of your answer. However a conceiled handgun can be carried into a restaurant that serves alcohol as long asnot morethan 50% of the incomederivesfrom alcohol. In addition, you are not allowed to consume alcohol while carrying in that restaurant.

    The establishment also has the right to post their property. If there is a "No Firearms" sign clearly posted than I wouldn't carry mine there.

    Here is a link that might help. At the top of the page, it explains the terms that appear in the state laws.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf
    I do not know where you found the 50% rule for NM, but it does not apply. You may not carry concealed in any restaurant that sells liquor for consumption on premise no matter how much income is derived from liquor sales. You are correct on the posting rule.
    __________________________________________________ _________

    Thank you snoball,

    It just seem to matter how many times one says it, points out the source of law or types it in bold there will be some that just do not get it.

    If you any of you have any doubt as to what I have written contact an attorney in New Mexico and ask them. Until then can the references to outdated, incomplete information posted erroneously on well meaning websites.

    THERE IS NO 50/1% RULE IN NEW MEXICO

    YOU CAN NOT OPENLY CARRY A SIDEARM IN ANY ESTABLISHMENT THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON OR OFF PREMISES CONSUMPTION.

    YOU CAN NOT CARRY A CONCEALED SIDEARM IN ANY ESTABLISHMENT THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR ON PREMISES CONSUMPTION EVEN WITH THE POSSESSION A VALID CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE.

    YOU CAN ONLY CARRY A SIDEARM THAT IS CONCEALED IN AN ESTABLISHMENT THAT SELLS ALCOHOL FOR OFF PREMISES CONSUMPTION IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF A VALID PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED SIREARM.

    NEW MEXICO PEOPLE KNOW NEW MEXICO LAW. PLEASE DON'T TRY TO CITE BOGUS, ERRONEOUS OR OUTDATED REFENCES TO NM LAW SIMPLY FOR THE SAKE OF; ARGUMENT, MAKING YOURSELF LOOK GOOD OR JUST TO SEE YOUR NAME ON THE INTERNET.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •