• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you guys hearing locally about possible post election turmoil?

rebfan

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
I found a lot of internet stories reflecting the concern ProShooter raises.

Most reputable media outlets echo the concerns

But this... this was the best.

http://www.radiohc.cu/ingles/noticias/octubre08/oct24/mundo1.htm

I like the "disappeared" part.
very interesting article Doug........thank you

The part of the troops in Country reminded me that I recently read/heard someone state, I can't recallwhere, that Bush had recalled troops from Iraq and that he was planning to use them in the way the article stated.

jegoodin

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I have been following a few message boards here lately and there seems to be a few prevailing themes:

People are buying AR's and stocking up on ammo

No one plans to be in public when the election results come in

There is talk about looting/rioting/chaos

What have you guys heard?

That is funny...I was just telling my wife this morning that if Obama wins the next day I'm buying an AR15. Not because of "turmoil" post election, but because I have no doubt that a high priority for his first year will be to ban them.

I think I have enough fire power right now to deal with any post election turmoil. I may stock up a little more on ammo though. Might have to stock an average of 10,000 - 15,000 rounds instead of the usual 5,000-8,000.

doug23838

imported post

rebfan wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

very interesting article Doug........thank you

The part of the troops in Country reminded me that I recently read/heard someone state, I can't recallwhere, that Bush had recalled troops from Iraq and that he was planning to use them in the way the article stated.

The article was on a Cuban website.Take it for what it is.

rebfan

imported post

Ya I know., I want to say I heard someone on WMAL say that about the troops.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hsmith wrote:
Brother is a firefighter in DC and they have been put on notice, so take that for what it is worth.

I will be going to work, same as usual.

Some black defense contractors I work with stated there will be a party in the streets of DC when Barak Hussein Mohammed Obama wins. I don't doubt it.

But what would those same people do then if he doesn't win? I don't know. I don't expect it to be a comfortable experience commuting in and out of there by public transportation for at least a week though.

richarcm

imported post

doug23838 wrote:

Seems to me to be another instance of the media 'lowering the bar' in order to prejustify anything someone may or may not want to do in the case of an Obama loss due to "racism".

I really think that the media is rooting for this to happen. It would make a great story wouldn't it?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I think there will be problems whether or not Obama wins. If he wins, there will be celebration and in the inner-city areas that will lead to looting and other problems. If he looses, add rioting to what I just said.

Look what happened in Philadelphia this week when they won the World Series. There was looting and vandalism going on.. and that was with a win!

I planning on carrying some extra firepower on Tuesday and Wednesday just in case.

tripledipper

imported post

From active LE sources I hear thereis a lot of domestic and international terrorism stuff bubbling up out there and that is not even taking intoaccountthe "disenfranchised" activists ready to create civil disorderhere. Remember that train bombings altered an election outcome in Spain andthere arestill someTimothy McVeigh types out there too. I am sure all large Cities have a plan ready to roll in the event of a McCain win, or for that matter, an Obama "victory celebration". I am verypessemistic about the future in general if Obama wins and he risks becoming a member of the Lincoln, McKinley and Kennedy brothers club.:uhoh:

AbNo

imported post

richarcm wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

tripledipper wrote: [/b]
From active LE sources I hear thereis a lot of domestic and international terrorism stuff bubbling up out there and that is not even taking intoaccountthe "disenfranchised" activists ready to create civil disorderhere. Remember that train bombings altered an election outcome in Spain andthere arestill someTimothy McVeigh types out there too. I am sure all large Cities have a plan ready to roll in the event of a McCain win, or for that matter, an Obama "victory celebration". I am verypessemistic about the future in general if Obama wins and he risks becoming a member of the Lincoln, McKinley and Kennedy brothers club.:uhoh:
"It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy," said Biden"

He may be the gaffe-master, but sometimes I wonder what he DOES know.

Bulldog1967

imported post

This election has been one of the most divisive in my memory.

The left has been hijacked by the ultra-left wing of the party, who, after both the "stolen" 2000 and 2004 elections and the Iraq war, the complete abdication of journalistic integrity by the media in favor of one candidate, and that candidate's overt racism of both his associates in his early years and by most people in his campaign who are quick to label any hard questions of his policies as racism.

The talk just isn't on "right wing" websites. Its palpable when you talk to normal people. This country has deep divisions along ideological lines the like of which we haven't seen in over 140 years.

W.E.G.

imported post

New schmuck in the White House.

zomg-3.gif

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Wait, where is your office?

Personally? I think I'm going to find a nice, wooded area, and park my Jeep tomorrow. :uhoh:
South East DC. Outside the walled in compound of the Navy Yard, and along the Anacostia.

Deanimator

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Wait, where is your office?

Personally? I think I'm going to find a nice, wooded area, and park my Jeep tomorrow. :uhoh:
Personally? I'm going to watch the "House" marathon on USA! Maybe some venison burgers and a Moretti too! :D

darthmord

imported post

Eh, I'll be at home with a little extra defense handy. I see no real reason to be out and about tomorrow evening. I plan on voting immediately after my Dr. appt that afternoon and then going straight home. Depending on when my wife gets up tomorrow morning, I may go with her to the voting station so I can just head home after the appt.