• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

heres a simple question....

45orbust

imported post

IF I decided to keep my FL residency and get my so called "concealed weapons permit" in FL can I still OC while in Indiana, or does it limit me to "concealed" as the title of the permit says for FL???

Prometheus

imported post

This has been a matter of contention for quite some time.

From reading the Indiana Statutes nothing would require you to follow the limits of your Florida License while in Indiana. You must follow Indiana law. Period.

This is, a lot like the "2 step rule" or "three step rule" some cops talk about in states that don't have any law like that.

In Florida (I'm a Floridian by birth) many cops will say you have to follow a "step rule". As you know, in Florida you can carry a loaded pistol in the glove box in a holster w/o a License. Some say that opening the glove box is one step and releasing the thumb break is step two. ***If you've heard these arguments you know what I mean for those Hoosiers who wonder what in the world I'm talking about***

Anyway, in short your Florida CWFL (Concealed Weapon or Firearm License) functions as a LTCH (License to Carry a Handgun) here in Indiana.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

You must always know and follow the laws of the state in which you are physically standing.

Florida permit in Indiana = permit accepted + follow Indiana law.

Florida permit in NY = permit not accepted, its the law.

Yata hey